It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Object on Mars

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Special thanks to ATS member Impaired who posted his/hers latest Gigapan of Curiosity's Mars photos. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I also posted this picture in that thread, but I thought it deserved it's own thread, and didn't want to hijack or go off topic in Jeep3r's thread.

gigapan.com...

I know, I know, IT'S A ROCK!" It's a very odd shaped rock. It's looks like a rib cage to me.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I looked at the link provided, the closest thing it resembles to me is a layer of mud having curled up from the sun, the mud being created due to water, so it is odd, but I wouldn't call it a rib cage.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Nice

I actually like this one as it is hard for me to say that this is just weathering.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Actually that looks like a rooptop drain grate.....found on all the commercial buildings...
that goes well with the sheet metal seen on an earlier thread....you know, it looked like a flat sheet half covered with very loose dirt

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Rib Cage?

C'mon! It's clearly the horns of a mysterious and ancient space monster.

pfffft. Anyone can see that.

Peace

edit on 17-6-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Of course! Horns! How did I miss that?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

They're obviously the horn tips from the Giant Space Goat that ate Golgafrincham.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

It really looks more like a rusted and corroded steering wheel.

Or it could be

The Retainer Ring from an old nuclear warhead.

I just can't wait until we land a man on Mars. Then we will know the Facts and discover that the pictures we have made to be something are nothing more than unusual rock formations.

I think most people see things in the pictures because they want to Believe that there is / was some sort of life there.
edit on 17-6-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
It is not the remains of a biological beast. It is clearly a war torn or meteor blasted remnant of a Stargate. . .

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I have to laugh at myself for this, but to me it looks like broken piece of a pottery pot.
I don't see ribs, curled mud, or eroded rock, I see a "rim" with a bowl shape structured bottom half.
Make fun of me all you want. I already know it's a reach..

edit on 17-6-2013 by azureskys because: changed words

edit on 17-6-2013 by azureskys because: changed words

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Couldn't find it in the G pan but it does lend itself as an image having been crafted by someone. I did notice the weird stuff my mind believed it saw while I was panning the G pan image. In looking I came upon a thought that perhaps some other beings sent their version of a rover to Mars many thousands of years ago and this is a part of that venture after time and environment took its toll. Personally, I think it's the worn down exoskeleton of a Tissot watch

edit on 18-6-2013 by minkmouse because: Dipsy doodle moment

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

Hmm. You should be able to click on the thumbnail, and the program will zoom straight to it.

Unless, because it's my Gigapan account, only I can see the thumbnails?

EDIT: I guess you have to be signed in to see them. At any rate, the object is in the bottom right hand corner or the gigapan.

edit on 18-6-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Looks like an old rusted out cauldron that flipped over.

Mars has witc...errr....
cannibals.......
Seriously though, that is a rather cool picture.
The only thing I can think of is a big geode that split and crumbled.

Real weird!

edit on 18-6-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
It's obvious to me.

2000+ years ago, Mars was a flourishing paradise full of forests and gardens, snakes and apples. And rats.

But there were no humans to know this, so spacegod made a being, called Adam and he put him on Mars, to wonder at all of his creation. And Adam said "Yeah but..." and spacegod said "What my child?" and Adam said "I'm horny." so spacegod took a Rib from Adam and created Eve.

That's the rib cage. Or what is left of it.

Adam saw what spacegod had done, and in fear for his mortal meaty bits, ate the apple on purpose, and we were all promptly somehow made and put on Earth, this place of suffering and anguish as punishment for Adams fear of being pussywhipped.

Oh but we're trying to get back to Mars.. Slowly.. if only we can beat spacegod and overpower his mighty biblewarriors.

I dunno.. weathered sedimentary rock. maybe.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

I saw this the other day it look like a 5 or an s.

I figured it was not worth it's own thread so thought this was a good place to post it.. hope you don't mind op

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Now I wish I could change the thread title to: "Is This Adam's Rib Cage?"

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Post away!

I saw that too. It looks like a petrified pile of steamy poo! (IMHO)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
No one noticed the dog skull in front?

The curved shape is interesting! Corroded nose cone or cover from previous missions? Not mud, there would be more of them.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Magister

I'm not seeing the dog skull, but just to the right of the "rib cage" thingy, there is a rock that looks a bit like a dog sitting with a very big bone!

Here's another interesting looking rock from the same gigapan. It looks like it has some vegetation, like moss, growing on it.

And this pic, the white spots, look a lot like our earthly lichins! Or bird dropping, lol.
Proof of life?

Lichin Picture

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Very interesting find OP clearly more mars rocks... some will say

SnF

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join