It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy fathers day.. Women ranting about absent fathers on facebook

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
We'll... i dont recall this ever happening on any other fathers day. Logged into facebook this morning like ya do and so many girls/women putting up status's about absent fathers, Some of them pretty cutting. This is how social networking has dumbed people down so much, they actually think by putting up a negative status on a "positive" day somehow makes them... redeemed? A better parent? A healed child?

I dont speak to my mother but on mothers day i dont go putting up status like "Thanks for never being there you stupid b***h!"

My older brother wont be seeing his 2 year old daughter today because the mother wont let him! I havent got her on facebook but i can only imagine her status would be along the lines of "Just me and MY daughter today, we dont need her daddy" whatever, my brother is a twat in real life but you cant deny his fatherhood.

The facebook mentality strikes again.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
What always astounds me in all these case, Man or Women.

You are dealing with the consequences of your own choices.

Your Ex is an evil shrew/ bastard, etc... Funny I bet their where Zero warning signs of these traits before you decided to copulate...

OH what? didn't know them long so didn't see the signs... Well whose fault is that...

One night stand, no protection... Again no excuse.

Personal responsibility has jumped out the window on every level of society, from the POTUS down on to us wee peons.

Make poor choices bad things happen, the best you can do is be the Adult, and take care of your responsibility, be it man or women.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Can't help wondering how many of those complaining about absent husbands were the ones that initiated the divorce proceedings

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
What always astounds me in all these case, Man or Women.

You are dealing with the consequences of your own choices.

Your Ex is an evil shrew/ bastard, etc... Funny I bet their where Zero warning signs of these traits before you decided to copulate...

OH what? didn't know them long so didn't see the signs... Well whose fault is that...

One night stand, no protection... Again no excuse.

Personal responsibility has jumped out the window on every level of society, from the POTUS down on to us wee peons.

Make poor choices bad things happen, the best you can do is be the Adult, and take care of your responsibility, be it man or women.

And being an adult basically means not taking your problems to air on a social networking site. Its unbelievable. Some of the # that gets posted by people some times:

"Anyone can be a parent but it takes so and so to be a MOTHER/FATHER"

Im like, thanks for taking time out your busy parenting schedule to lesson me on how breeding with someone doesnt make you a mother/father. Idiots.

If it wasnt so socially unacceptable, i'd delete my account.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1
Can't help wondering how many of those complaining about absent husbands were the ones that initiated the divorce proceedings

They never got married in the first place, they've basically had a kid to a bloke and its not worked out. That's life, but dont try and turn fathers day into your own 24 hrs of vengeance for god's sake, its so immature.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

They never got married in the first place, they've basically had a kid to a bloke and its not worked out. That's life, but dont try and turn fathers day into your own 24 hrs of vengeance for god's sake, its so immature.

Haven't you heard, the man is always at fault in the modern enlightened western world

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Haven't you heard, the man is always at fault in the modern enlightened western world

Some of them really do need to get their act together but as ive said, people shouldn't be using social networking to attack others, Its just so pointless.

I'd hate to log in there on mother's day and see the same sort of status's turned on their head.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

I agree entirely with everything you say and like you I find it extremely distasteful and ugly, but for the reasons I pointed out I find it in no way surprising.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Iam an absent Father I suppose but my Son and I only found out about each other a few years back because 18 years ago I was seeing this girl, she dumped me and moved to the USA. Many years later a friend who was still in contact with her told me she had a Son and it was mine.
After a long time I contacted her and asked her why she never told me and she said she wanted a baby but not me at the time and my son has a new father who can provide for him better.
I went to New york to try and meet my son and finally met him, he was horrid to me despite myself not even knowing he existed.
He was always told his Father was not his real Dad and his real Dad was as he said "a Douche".
His Father is loaded as she is also and despite myself going to New York three times since the last two times my Son refuses to meet with me.
So on fathers day today Iam feeling pretty #ty

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Iam an absent Father I suppose but my Son and I only found out about each other a few years back because 18 years ago I was seeing this girl, she dumped me and moved to the USA. Many years later a friend who was still in contact with her told me she had a Son and it was mine.
After a long time I contacted her and asked her why she never told me and she said she wanted a baby but not me at the time and my son has a new father who can provide for him better.
I went to New york to try and meet my son and finally met him, he was horrid to me despite myself not even knowing he existed.
He was always told his Father was not his real Dad and his real Dad was as he said "a Douche".
His Father is loaded as she is also and despite myself going to New York three times since the last two times my Son refuses to meet with me.
So on fathers day today Iam feeling pretty #ty

Dont feel # man, its only a made up day anyhow, its not your fault she didnt tell you.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Absolutely not your fault friend. It must be hard for you that not being told the truth for all those years. As for facebook jeez i know where the op is coming from. I don't use it anymore and haven't done for a long while. My soon to be ex wife makes herself out to be perfect on there. And shes totally different in real life. I can just imagine all the statuses now about dads etc. Some people are just bitter and full of hate thats what it comes down to i would say

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Well allow me to counteract that FB mentality right here....

HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL DADS out there!
myself included!

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Sorry to hear that your feeling that way although its quite understandable of course.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Oh, hon. So sorry to hear this.

Have you tried writing or emailing him? Keep trying, and keep explaining your side of the story. He's angry now, but eventually he'll calm down and be ready to listen. When that happens, that's your chance to build your relationship.

I know in my heart you would make a wonderful father. No doubt about it. So happy Father's Day to you!

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Thanks I have tried and tried, last time I went to NY I took loads of photos of my family to his house and he just refused to see me so I left them with his "father" (decent bloke tbh he understands why I would want to build a relationship) but a few weeks later I received all the photos unopened through the mail with a note saying please do not contact me.
I rang him on his 18th birthday and he hung up so I just don't think I can do anything, his mother hates me for some reason.
I check his facebook and he spoke to his friends that his real dad is a Brit and he hates it...
He has my address,email and number so I don't think I can do anything.
Cheers all for your kind words.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

*looks over at 20 year old son who is sleeping on his couch*

I hope some day the attitude changes and he realizes you are Dad.
I have 3 boys through a previous marriage to a woman who hates me, and luckily, the boys saw what happened and even with their mothers attempts to turn then against me, it did not work.

I can't imagine how bad that had to hurt.
Perhaps in time he will come around and realize how important you are.

I never knew my dad, and it was to late by the time I found him, he had already passed.
I don't even know what he looks like and when I look at my children I see bits and pieces that I have no clue on because I never even saw a picture of mine.

Don't give up, but don't let yourself hurt any more than it already does.
Some day he will come around I hope.

Happy fathers day from one dad to another!

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

That's the thing. You won't. Because men are not like women.Can't tell you how many posts I saw today about how "Here's to all the moms who are dads too!!" Really? No.You're the mother.You're single.That doesn't make you special. Nor a Dad. What about us single dads? I don't post bitter posts on mothers day. Really though I just read them and laugh. Some women need to get a grip.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Sad, all those little girls who will grow up being taught to hate men.

Shame I never had kids. Would love to but can't because I don't have a vagina or the patience to be a saint.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

He has my address,email and number so I don't think I can do anything.

They'll come around....may take time.

My stepdaughter wanted nothing to do with us when she turned 18 (or the whole family really). One year later, and now she's excited to be going somewhere with us. Just be patient man. It took her that year to kind of reflect on things, and see them from a different perspective (and realize we had no choice in the matter that is the source of all the ill will).

Kind of similar with my stepson. Now, both kids are just amazed at how much we are all alike (same interests, etc.) even though they grew up away from our influence, etc. For the first time, they feel like they BELONG somewhere, and man, that makes me tear up just as I'm typing this....

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I can solve the problem of single motherhood forever...........

JUST KEEP YOUR LEG'S CLOSED !!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join