It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explain Love

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   
love... such a stange word, huh? With one basic meaning that is really a multitude of things... those who put the definition on Webster's only put one of those meanings down... Can they be considered correct? Love's often said to be "feelings for that special someone" but many times, you have more than one "special someone" during your lifetime. It's weird.

I myself am head-over-heels for a certain girl(no one at ATS so please, don't ask who), and I'll tell ya, I love that warm and fuzzy feeling I get every time I look at her. There, see? There we go with the definition thing. i'll try to stay off that from now on... But love is basically a big rope that binds two people, whether forever or just a short period of time. They care for each other and (if the opposite sex) sometimes have kids. That's what I can understand of something so infinite, and yet so oppressive.... That's the feeling I get of it...

And anyone who refuses to understand that it is like a rope needs a frying pan smashed over their heads.
There we go, back to good ol' normal, over-agressive me. I'm so happy to no longer be in warm-fuzzy-and-thinkin'-too-much mode.

Signing off,
HLW

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 03:37 PM
link   
it's a feeling that can be followed by hate and regret.

you fall in love with an idea of a person

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Love sucks !!!

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Love is like a boomerang. No matter how far you throw it away from you it will always come back.

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
Love is like a boomerang. No matter how far you throw it away from you it will always come back.

Love is not always like a boomerang. The more you give doesn't necessarily mean the more you'll get back, believe me.

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Yea man, I know what you mean.

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   
in the beginning it's all roses and strawberries but true romantic love has to stand the test of time.

i don't agree with boomhaur though be careful not to invest more than your partner and don't get caught up with feelings and emotions because it's not just your heart at stake it could be your life. many of my friends have tied themselves to men that are unworthy because of these feelings and they end up miserable. take it for what it is now...take it slow...enjoy it...really get to know this man, don't overlook things that bug you about him. it's like an interview in the end though that sounds cold it's really not, i mean, there has to be some dead-beat screening in progress. in the end don't look for a defination of your feelings just go with the flow and keep your head outta the clouds. BE REAL.

ah love, its for suckas.

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Love has yet to be correctly and accurately defined by anyone in a way that anyone on the sidelines can understand.

The person who figures it out and can make others understand it that have never experienced it will be famous.

The person that figures out love and publishes a manual on how to make it work without it screwing up your, and others lives, will be a millionaire.

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Love is fireworks in the beginning then it mellows to various, fluctuating friendship (beyond your concept of BEST friend) and lover. This person will be, if you are as lucky as I have been, everything you wish you were and everything that you are... everything you want because you KNOW you can't be THAT specific thing... They complete you... and if you are lucky they feel the same and you last forever.. if not... enjoy it while it lasts because it is THE reason God created us.

Sorry for the sappiness but that's how I REALLY feel about this. I don't generally show my real feelings on the internet.

[Edited on 15-5-2003 by observer]

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 08:41 PM
link   
i like that OBIE.

it's not sappy at all.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 02:59 AM
link   
"if you love something

set it free

if it comes back to you

its yours

if it doesnt

it never was"

people interpret love in many different way?

I love my parents, kids etc then you get,

lust, which is often mistake for love!

blackwidow666

[Edited on 15-5-2003 by blackwidow666]

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 03:27 AM
link   
(Some are my composition)

Life is a cherry
Death is the core
Love is the cherry three (Jaques Prevert)

Don't be fooled! Love is Russian Roulette ! (ND)
Love is everything -- bet your life on flight! (ND)
xxx! Love is a woman's primer (ND)

And my signature...

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Thanks for all your replies. It's nice to know so many other peoples views..

VzH

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 04:08 AM
link   
How many times have i fallen in love?
I have dated most of the bastards of France.....

Also,

Love is one thing, but to live with the loved one is another..... believe me.... You can break relathionships even if two persons are in a deep love....(if you don' t, then look at the increase of divorce case : during the wedding you said YES for all life, no??? So why married couple broke??? because they cannot live together anymore......)

So in fact, real love is enlightened by time...........
By the force of time, you see what real love is........
It ' s almost pathetical to say that you have discovered what real love is after 1 year with a guy.....

[Edited on 15-5-2003 by VzH]

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I appreciate your view, but must also say that I don't think for one single moment that it is pathetic to say that I have found true love after being with someone for only one year.

Once you find that special person, you know for sure it's right for you. You have obviously never felt that feeling and I hope you do in time to come.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 05:07 AM
link   
DITTO...I Fully understand where your coming from Pocket.

Just be careful. Your love for somebody isn't always just enough. It's a two way thing...!

Lucky for you it is a two way thing...X

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Thanks Boomhaur x

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by VzH
How many times have i fallen in love?
I have dated most of the bastards of France.....

[Edited on 15-5-2003 by VzH]

Please, Dont confuse sex and love...

Love is a rare things, it dont happen everyday, and when it happen, you know that it's real.

If you fall in love with the first "bastard", ma ch�re, it's because you may be in need of love, not in love...

[Edited on 15-5-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Plato wrote an entire story on the meaning of love called "The Symposium".Each man at a dinner party had to give a meaning of love.
My favourite was the doctor who told how in ancient times the gods had created a being that was two people joined back to back.They rolled and tumbled around and were very strong.The gods saw how powerful these beings were and in a fit of jealousy the split them in two.It is therefore said that today that we search the Earth looking for our other half to make us whole and strong.

[Edited on 15-5-2003 by John bull 1]

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I like the sound of that story.

Kinda makes sence.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join