It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explain Love

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 07:25 AM
link   
"Love is wasted on some people.

Some people dont deserve to ever feel loved."

Now thats a bit harsh, is n`t it? Have you had a change of heart or just making a statement?

Love can not be wasted, and everyone deserves to be loved.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 08:10 AM
link   
not some people.

Yes, had a big change of heart. Wish I'd never posted the topic.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Considering what now seems to be some what of an obvious circumstance, between you and some 'former love' of your's, I would have to say that you went from one end of the spectrum of compashion to another.

You had been so sure of yourself when you started this topic, but now, only 2 weeks later, one has become quite the oppostie.

I can only wonder why.

I notice that you pose the belief that you wished one had never started the discussion in the first place. This makes me wonder if the discussion was the cause of the result that occured between you and your 'lover'.

Am I correct???

I hope not.

I hope that this discussion didn't lead to the downfall of one's relationship with another. I think that would be quite terrible, and bothersome to you and the one you have seemed to distance yourself from. All I can say is this:

If there is anything I can do to help one solve these inner conflicts then I am here to do so.

In fact I think that we should try and understand why you have become so unpleased with the one you once were so sure of. I think that it would do you and your so-called lover much justice if you were to express why you feel this way. For I think it would do justice to this topic you posed, and it may teach you somethings about love that you are not seeing. For no one can ever be a master in the art of love.

Love rules the lover. That is what real love is.

Regardless of what I think love is, it is critical that you understand what love is. For you have claimed love. You have expressed it and let it be known. Yet all in this time it seems as if you never even knew what love is at all.

Now the key word in that last sentance is "Seems".

Not everything is always as it seems.

You may have a distorted vision.

You may have lost sight of love.

What does that mean???

That you are blindly looking for love.

Even though true love is blind, one must have eyes to seek it???

You See???

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I understand what your saying and yes, perhaps I was a little harsh yesterday.

You see the thing is, I have not fallen out of love with someone, they have fallen out of love with me. One day they say they love me and want to spend eternity with me, the next, get out of my life, I never want to see or speak to you again.

One minute everything is fine, the next my heart is broken and everything that was ever said to me by this person I now consider to be complete and utter bo**ocks!

All of my hopes and dreams have been destroyed and it's going to take me along time if ever to trust and love anyone again.

It's obvious that some people are not capable of love and enjoy and take great pleasure in seeing others suffer.

I truly wish I didn't feel like this, but right now all I have inside me is hurt and anger. I have no idea how or why this could have happened.

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I am sorry to hear about your loss.

I wish that were never so.

Then again there is a reason for everything, and because of that it is our duty to learn something from that reason. How???

Well, using one's reason is a good start.

One must rationally think as if one were weary of their rationalism. For if you were to do so, you would open yourself up to some unknown perceptions. You might see the side of your X's story.

Yet that is not where I am trying to go with this.

What I am trying to tell you is that sometimes we have to take off our masks, those masks in the name of compassion and sacrifice. Those masks carved in devotion. Those masks that blind us. This is one way love becomes blind.

This is my opinion.

If someone left you in the terms that you speak of than they probably are really febble or fearful of something. Otherwise they wouldn't have quit things that one at once admired so devoutly. I think that maybe this man or child was unsure of himself. Many times we look to blame ourselves when we shouldn't even think that way.

For we should be inclined to love ourselves before we can love anyone else. Otherwise, love is just another blind pursuit. I think that maybe your X was blind. That is all. If you want some help trying to understand why people are so cruel, try reading this book:

It is called: "Emotional Intelligence"---written by David Goleman

I think it will help you understand the ignorance that breeds within the emotional mind. Which is the mind that controls all reason. To have a rational mind, one must have reasonable emotions.

I hope I have helped in some way and I intend to do all I can to do more.

Your friend,
Abraham

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Thanks Abraham

Px

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 03:45 AM
link   
A chemical imbalance, easily simulated with large quantities of chocolate.
And chocolate, by the way, won't run off with most off your belongings and all of your savings!

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 09:20 AM
link   
lol...

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I think love is the main force behind our existence. Some people love things that can�t love them back, like money and material things. I guess that is probably why some people get tired of things like that, it�s feels empty after a while. I think receiving love is one of the best things someone can receive. Many take it for granted. However love can turn to hate real quick. Especially when one feels that they have been taken advantage of.

I have heard that the Greeks had different levels of Love and different words to describe the levels of love. For me personally it takes me a while before I tell a girl that I love her. I just want to make sure cause once you saw that there is now turning back.

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   
love is a drug
do it

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Love is an overwhelming felling of happiness that has evil consequences if an hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly or year( in super rare cases) dose is not given to the correspondent.

Well thats a medical oppinion anyways.

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Some people are terrified of love.
X

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 05:39 AM
link   
and others love someone and want to make things work no matter what

Pocket x

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 05:49 AM
link   
...love is not love that alters, when in alteration finds...

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Pocket, you look so like your avatar it's unbelievable.

X

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Love is nothing but a word.

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 04:49 AM
link   
LOVE LIFE
Pocket,
First, I belive that everyone who comes into your life who makes a impression on you is there for a reason.
Call it Life Lessons, some are so wonderful!! Some are so sad. Yet each person we meet teaches us about ourselves and what we need in our True SoulMate.
Let me tell you that I am roughly 25 years older than you are...and have been Married 3 times...each time when I said my vows I meant it...When it did not work out, the pain and heartache seemed like it would not end, But Mine did!! and so will yours...You will KNOW when you Truely meet your SoulMate. There will be a feeling inside of you that will tell you!! There is a connection that cannot be put into words! But you WILL know!! It will change your Life forever...

Gayle, who came into my Life eight months ago..( We have had the Luxury of being able to spend 24/7 together since then) has given me a new outlook on Life like I have never felt before. She is part of me even if we are apart. She is ten years younger than I am...yet because of what we have experienced in life, we both learn new things about each other every day. We are each others best friend, by that I mean there is nothing we can't talk about... OUR COMMUNICATION is what provides our Balance! Both of us are
willing to give MORE than their share...then there is something left over for both.
What I'm trying to say is ... THERE IS A LOVE OF YOUR LIFE SOMEWHERE!! I only hope that it does not take you as long as it has me... to find your LOVE!! May LIFE give you Happiness & Love!
My Total Trust in her and her trust in me has allowed us to share what we really feel at the moment we feel it...not after running it through our mental computers to see what the repercussions might be... and knowing that we listen to each other and do our best to see each others side, if we don't, we agree to disagree.
Love is different for everyone... I'm sharing this with you to say it's worth the journey to find Love.

[Edited on 1-6-2003 by RealFlight]

[Edited on 1-6-2003 by RealFlight]

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
Love is nothing but a word.

God create the world with the power of his word...

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 05:20 AM
link   
SHALT NOT BE TAKEN FOR GRANTED

At least it shouldn't be, but I know it is. How often do we see it and hear it? Almost everyday I can count, and have. But, True Love is often replaced with true lust, and very often.

For me, it is something difficult so I don't really pay much attention to such things as I'm more inclined to travel, I love passports! Back to the point though, Lust at first glance, Love at the last...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join