It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santa Monica Gunmen's weapon assembled in bedroom??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

I disagree. Go through an FFL for a replacement spring? Firing pin? Replacement handguards? New sights?

This case demonstrates the principle that banning objects don't work as the criminal and murderous arounds us will always find work arounds.

I should have specified only lowers and possibly rifle barrels under the legal limit. But yea, there are to many ways to get around laws.

I say barrels because I knew of a idiot who deployed with a Bushmaster pistol upper. That's a big no-no in the military altering weapons on your own. Whats funny is we confiscated it and when he got it back after redeployment he said, "I don't need it now."

edit on 14-6-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a Dawg with no opposable thumbs

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

What could possibly scream "Pass more laws!" to someone like him more than that? The scandals may be our saving grace on this one.

This is the same sort of nonsense that gets every gun law passed. Basically the Fudds saying "lets give them this and they'll leave us alone."

Well, when the hell has that ever worked? They just take and take and take.

We look at Oz and the UK as gun prohibition states yet their respective governments are still actively pushing for more restrictions.

CT, MA, CA, CO, etc... every one of them started with the "it wont be so bad if we just compromise, give them what they want now." And look where that's gotten them.

This is the backwards bull# logic that has gotten us where we are today. It's well past time to dig in, stand firm and start pushing back to repeal all their crap. Not give them more little wins.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

This is the backwards bull# logic that has gotten us where we are today. It's well past time to dig in, stand firm and start pushing back to repeal all their crap. Not give them more little wins.

I know that this sounds contradictory from my other posts earlier here on this thread, but you are 100% right. The laws that exist should be enforced rather than make new ones. Of course I think that a lot of laws also need to be repealed as well.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I sincerely respect your passion and conviction. It's a rare thing to see. You're simply going places I can't follow. We truly are on different sides of the street and it's a shame because it's only by a small pinch...but a pinch can be long long way sometimes.

You're for 0 law. 0 regulation on guns, as we've been over. That is the path I can't follow. Sure..I may know plenty of people I would have no problem trusting to use their own judgement without law to enforce common sense. However, I know plenty more I'd call Bubba and wouldn't trust with a potato gun. It's all of them together or everyone deals with some regulation at least the bit we've had to this point. No more? Sounds good to me....except this little bypass thing with the 80% lower. Therein lay one of at least 2 insurmountable differences we seem to have ...and no common ground to cross and meet for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join