It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Anti-Bush protestor commits suicide at Ground Zero

page: 2
0
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by __rich__
this is NOT news...
mentally disturbed people commit suicide EVERY day.
I condemn you for making a suicide victim into a politcal argument.


The reason he commited suicide is because he was upset that bush got re-elected. Mentally disturbed or not, if Bush did not get re-elected, this specific would not have happened.




posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Maybe someone assisted him. Maybe it wasn't he who did it. Did he know to much? hummmmmmm . Several theory's on this....

[edit on 8-11-2004 by magical communications]



posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Mentally disturbed or not, if Bush did not get re-elected, this specific would not have happened.


And if the great depression did not happen all those people wouldn't have jumped from their wall street offices.

Who cares.

World events do not stop for one person. There's not a damn thing you can do about that. This is what happened. You don't like it? Well, that's too bad isn't it? Isn't that what life is all about? You do your best and you take the curveballs that life throws you. It is simply not fair to blame your problems on other people. So I suppose in the brilliant views of some people here, the 50 million Americans that voted for Bush murdered this guy, right? People should approach life's decisions thinking that someone somewhere might not like what they do? Come on. This is a joke. There wasn't even a note. The guy was clearly emotionally disturbed. If this was his form of protest, he's an idiot. A way to protest is to bring up valid points and make yourself heard. Not splatter yourself on the street.
I'm sorry for sounding cold but if you look at the facts he accomplished nothing but making a headache for Port Authority cops. I hope no one tries this desperate, pathetic, irresponsible "protest" method again. No one hears you when you're dead.

[edit on 11-8-2004 by Djarums]



posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
This person must have had some major mental problems. Anyone that would kill themselves over a Kerry lose is insane.



posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
This person must have had some major mental problems. Anyone that would kill themselves over a Kerry lose is insane.


Well, he didnt kill himself over a Kerry lose, just another Bush victory.



posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
This person must have had some major mental problems. Anyone that would kill themselves over a Kerry lose is insane.


Well, he didnt kill himself over a Kerry lose, just another Bush victory.


Its the same thing a Kerry loss is a Bush win. Unless you think he was voting for Nader.



posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Its the same thing a Kerry loss is a Bush win. Unless you think he was voting for Nader.


No it's not the same. Kerry was 'the other option' for most. No one would believe in Kerry that much as to commit suicide over his lost. He commited suicide because he would much rather face death than four more years of Bush.



posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
He commited suicide because he would much rather face death than four more years of Bush.


No we commited suicide because he was a mentally unstable man. Thats the real reason he did it.



posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Man, just when I thought people couldn't become stupider(or Crazier) I read this Article about a person who Killed himself because Bush won. This guy obviously is an escaped mental patient who thinks Bush is the Devil Incarnate or somthing. Why couldn't he have waited 4 fricken years, and if Bush somhow stole the election(ie Permanent 3rd Term for bush...) then I would see how it might be Ghandi style. Not this way though......



posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Originally posted by Simulacra

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
He commited suicide because he would much rather face death than four more years of Bush.


No we commited suicide because he was a mentally unstable man. Thats the real reason he did it.


Exactly, we commited suicide because he was a mentally unstable man. Read between the lines!



posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
No it's not the same. Kerry was 'the other option' for most. No one would believe in Kerry that much as to commit suicide over his lost. He commited suicide because he would much rather face death than four more years of Bush.


Well...if you think that way and if you are thinking on doing the same thing this man did, then I can tell you that you should seek some help before it's too late for you.



posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Well...if you think that way and if you are thinking on doing the same thing this man did...


Who said that I was even thinking about commiting suicide because Bush won the 2004 election? I just brought you the story.



posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
humm...committing suicide as a form of protest... only someone with a screwed up mind would actually do this...and much more since his reason seems to be that Bush won the election....

I don't know about the rest of you but I think someone who does this was already contemplating on taking his/her own life....and then he blamed the re-election of Bush for him taking his life....

*shakes head*

[edit on 8-11-2004 by Muaddib]


It depends. The Buddhist monks in Vietnamwho self-immolated while sitting in meditation without moving a muscle to protest crackdowns on religious freedoms in the 60s have entirely different view of life or death and weren't suffering from depression. The NYC case seems to be different from those types of protests in that the young man was depressed.



posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu

It depends. The Buddhist monks in Vietnamwho self-immolated while sitting in meditation without moving a muscle to protest crackdowns on religious freedoms in the 60s have entirely different view of life or death and weren't suffering from depression. The NYC case seems to be different from those types of protests in that the young man was depressed.


That I know off Buddhism does not condone killing yourself to make statements or to protest. I have read some of the cases where Buddhist students have done all sorts of protest including resorting to violence. The original teachings of Buddhism say it quite clear, life is sacred. They make vows not to kill anything at all and this includes animals and insects....

Anyways, do you think it is normal or alright for someone to commit suicide to make statements or protest?.....



posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra

Who said that I was even thinking about commiting suicide because Bush won the 2004 election? I just brought you the story.


Well, you seem to agree that the reason for this man to kill himself was for certain that Bush was re-elected...and if Bush wasn't re-elected this wouldn't have happened.

You also said the following, and I quote.


He commited suicide because he would much rather face death than four more years of Bush.


You sound like you do agree with killing yourself rather than "face 4 more years of Bush," I could be wrong, but that's what it seems.

Also, according to you "if Bush wasn't re-elected he wouldn't have done this"..... how do you know for sure?....were you this man's psychiatrist?....

My guess is that this man would have found another reason to kill himself even if Bush wasn't re-elected. I do not think anyone just thinks out of the blue to kill themselves because the opposite party won the elections....

[edit on 12-11-2004 by Muaddib]



posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
stop talking abput the guy like this, please show some respect he was planning to marry, so i dont think he would have killed himself unless for the reason specified.
Maybe he thought Bush is the antichrist? or that he had a part in 9/11(i think he did
) maybe he was a member\visitor of this board, maybe he had a dream about the future under Bush and didn't want any part of it, or maybe he thought Bush would allow terrorists to hold parts of the us hostile or hold its allies hostile(actual Bush comment) so who knows...very sad



posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

Originally posted by taibunsuu

It depends. The Buddhist monks in Vietnamwho self-immolated while sitting in meditation without moving a muscle to protest crackdowns on religious freedoms in the 60s have entirely different view of life or death and weren't suffering from depression. The NYC case seems to be different from those types of protests in that the young man was depressed.


That I know off Buddhism does not condone killing yourself to make statements or to protest. I have read some of the cases where Buddhist students have done all sorts of protest including resorting to violence. The original teachings of Buddhism say it quite clear, life is sacred. They make vows not to kill anything at all and this includes animals and insects....

Anyways, do you think it is normal or alright for someone to commit suicide to make statements or protest?.....


Mmm, well maybe the Buddhism you studied was different from that of the monks in Vietnam.

No, I don't think suicide is normal or alright, it's a permanent solution to a temporary problem.



posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elijio
stop talking abput the guy like this, please show some respect he was planning to marry, so i dont think he would have killed himself unless for the reason specified.
Maybe he thought Bush is the antichrist? or that he had a part in 9/11(i think he did
) maybe he was a member\visitor of this board, maybe he had a dream about the future under Bush and didn't want any part of it, or maybe he thought Bush would allow terrorists to hold parts of the us hostile or hold its allies hostile(actual Bush comment) so who knows...very sad


Just because he was planning to marry doesn't mean he was not crazy... that's an absurd excuse.

Anyone thinking on doing something like this should be seeking professional help, and because Bush was re-elected is no excuse for a person to take his/her life.... people who live in worse conditions than this guy did, do not take their lives, some might have done it but the majority do not.



posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
.
My thought.

If you are suicidal, why not take out as many of the enemy on the way as you go?

I will think well of you from this side of life and death.
.



posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank
.
My thought.

If you are suicidal, why not take out as many of the enemy on the way as you go?

I will think well of you from this side of life and death.
.


What the heck?....

and who is the enemy exactly?....




top topics



 
0
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join