It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Bush protestor commits suicide at Ground Zero

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
It seems as if the pressure of the recent elections has taken a life of an Anti-bush american. A twenty-five year old man commited suicide at the heart of Ground Zero as a form of protest.

cnn.aimtoday.cnn.com
Ground Zero Suicide Inspired by Election

NEW YORK (AP) - A 25-year-old man from Georgia who was apparently distraught over President Bush's re-election shot and killed himself at ground zero. Andrew Veal's body was found Saturday morning inside the off-limits site, said Steve Coleman, a spokesman for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. A shotgun was found nearby, but no suicide note was found, Coleman said.

Veal's mother said her son was upset about the result of the presidential election and had driven to New York, Gus Danese, president of the Port Authority Police Benevolent Association, told The New York Times in Sunday's editions.

Friends said Veal worked in a computer lab at the University of Georgia and was planning to marry.

``I'm absolutely sure it's a protest,'' Mary Anne Mauney, Veal's supervisor at the lab, told The Daily News. ``I don't know what made him commit suicide, but where he did it was symbolic.''

Police were investigating how Veal entered the former World Trade Center site, which is protected by high fences and owned by the Port Authority.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I hate to see this happen. This guy acted on what he believed in and it cost him his life.

-edited for spelling

[edit on 11/7/2004 by Simulacra]

[edit on 11/7/2004 by Simulacra]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
How do these repeat posts make it into ATSNN?

When I submit a story I have to wait for it to appear in the recent posts page. Usually after sending a u2u asking where it went. I thought there was a screening process in place for a reason.

No offence to you Simulacra. It's not personal.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
No offence to you Simulacra. It's not personal.

None taking. However I think news like this is worth double posting.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Too bad he did it - but we are all responsible for our own actions.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I dont think this has been reported in the UK. can any UK member confirm.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by kode
I dont think this has been reported in the UK. can any UK member confirm.

Im in the UK right now. I logged onto 'America Online' (ironically enough) and it was the 'Breaking News' on the News Ticker.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   
humm...committing suicide as a form of protest... only someone with a screwed up mind would actually do this...and much more since his reason seems to be that Bush won the election....

I don't know about the rest of you but I think someone who does this was already contemplating on taking his/her own life....and then he blamed the re-election of Bush for him taking his life....

*shakes head*

[edit on 8-11-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   
If it wasn't for Bush, this poor young man would still be alive. More blood on Bush's hands.

Or at least, that's how I have been taught to react to a story like this by far too many of my fellow ATSers.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   
this is NOT news...

mentally disturbed people commit suicide EVERY day.

I condemn you for making a suicide victim into a politcal argument.

IBM

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
If it wasn't for Bush, this poor young man would still be alive. More blood on Bush's hands.

Or at least, that's how I have been taught to react to a story like this by far too many of my fellow ATSers.

You dumbass, yes, was Bush ther to physically push him to kill, did Bush pull the trigger. NO!!! WHO DID? He dumbass who killed himslef did. He who does not respect his life is not worthy to receive it, im glad he is dead, he will be going ot hell soon. Actually it is blood on Kerry's hands, it was the leftist propaganda that made him think this way and it drove him to suicide.

PS: This is not an insult, and i know you are making a joke

[edit on 8-11-2004 by IBM]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by IBM
PS: This is not an insult, and i know you are making a joke

I know, and God help us both for our abhorrently bad taste.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic

Hee hee good call Majic.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 04:27 AM
link   
this is real a sad moment when someone kills themshelf over someones election results. i wonder if bush will give a dam about this poor man.i feel very sad for this person and my heart goes out to there family.to do this wow i cant express the words........

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by flukemol
this is real a sad moment when someone kills themshelf over someones election results. i wonder if bush will give a dam about this poor man.i feel very sad for this person and my heart goes out to there family.to do this wow i cant express the words........

Is it Bush's responsibility that this man took his life? Why should he give a dam? Looks to me like someone tried wading out to the deep end of the gene pool without his swimmies.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 04:54 AM
link   
you really cant aurgue with a dead guy.it is what it is sorry there no turning back when someones is really distraught and does this ......i think this man needs a few good thoughts he just left the planet.......

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I wish more liberals try to copy him. We would all be very glad.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by xalex

Irresponsible comment.

What exactly is a "liberal"?

Anyone who didn't vote GW?

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Ohh I can see this is going to get nasty and out of hand lol.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by xalex

I was admonished for making the comment earlier in another post that this is exactly the type of reaction to expect from certain Bushies.

I have been vindicated.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Yet another reminder to stay ON TOPIC and comply with the rules of posting in an ATSNN Thread.

Thank You
FredT

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join