It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally contributing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Hello, ATS members!

I have been a member for a while now, but have yet to contribute to the forum. I have recently been experimenting with sleep paralysis and have compiled a guide to help people experience this phenomenon. I have had a few of my friends try and and they were successful!

I'm going to try to be a little more active so I will obtain the privilege of starting new threads.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by evannf

Welcome! So glad that you decided to say hello! Can't wait to see your posts.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Welcome!

I get sleep paralysis from time to time every 3-4 months or so, I find I get it more often when lying on my back looking up, I'm sure I read this somewhere too, also when its hot it seems to happen more often.

You should be able to create threads after you have made 20 posts.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Well, welcome to the board and I will be happy to see a topic on it after your 20th post.
I've personally only experienced it full body once and it terrified me. I knew what it was but that didn't lessen the blow any. I know a friend though swears that it's the first step before having an out of body experience though or astral projecting but I wasn't very interested in any of that at the time. I was interested in moving again.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Yeah, from my experience and other accounts I have studied, it can only be done laying on one's back. Now that it's starting to get hot in my location I'll have to experience with that.

The first time it happened to me I was 10 and I had no idea what was going on, so it terrified me too! The only thing I could think of doing is just to go back to sleep. I agree with it being the transition to having an out of body experience. Haha yeah, being unable to move can be very uncomfortable!

Now, the sleep paralysis I experienced was when I woke up in the middle of the night. This guide I have compiled is for consciously inducing it while you're awake.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I think I did some looking into it before so that I could prevent it from ever happening again. It apparently does happen more often when you're on your back and more-so during naps than your nightly sleepings. I know that whenever it happened to me, it was during the day when I was taking a nap and I was lying on my back. I'm just very grateful that my eyes didn't work either so that meant no crazy hallucinations that some people have. No seeing entities or any other range of things to accompany it, I probably would have had a heart attack and killed over!

Also, there are definitely ways to induce heaviness and difficulty moving with a person that is not unconscious. I am a hypnotist and study things like this immensely so shoot me a PM if you want to discuss further.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by evannf

Welcome.. Earthling..

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I've had my eyes open before during sleep paralysis, but thankfully I didn't see any hallucinations. I've heard that can happen though. It has actually happened to my brother once when he was little. I remember him saying he say a bunch of little demons running around!

This is a self-induced sleep paralysis technique, by the way!

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Martin75

Most fun welcome I've seen given.

To the OP .... enjoy yourself!

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Haha does he have a thing for cats?

And thank you!

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I know how it feels :-)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by evannf
Hello, ATS members!

I have been a member for a while now, but have yet to contribute to the forum. I have recently been experimenting with sleep paralysis and have compiled a guide to help people experience this phenomenon. I have had a few of my friends try and and they were successful!

I'm going to try to be a little more active so I will obtain the privilege of starting new threads.

I've had that several times. Scared the hell out of me first time. Now I know it's just in my head being stuck half-asleep it's more interesting than anything.

Welcome to ATS.

top topics

join