It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its about time for the next paradigm shift.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
If you ask me, we as a whole, are stick in the past and have been for way to long. It feels as if we are going through another dark ages. We definitely don't need that.

The people throughout the world seem to not want to change their way of thinking. There is no way that we are going to get anywhere in life with people dragging us down by not wanting to move forward. It may just be the people I am around but it seems to be people in the govts as well. Those in power are simply refusing to move forward with anything positive its outrageous.

It is about time that we take a look at facts and stop rejecting every single thing that doesnt jive with our personal opinions. We as a species, if we want to move forward we have got to stop being so close minded. It is limiting us by tremendous amounts. I feel like we could be so much more advanced if only people would let go of the past and be open to learning new things. I am tired of seeing these people that don't want to do anything with their life or just dont care about the world. You should care because we can make a difference. We really can. This world will not change without the input of the people. We cant just keep letting those in power be the deciding factors. We cant let their opinions be the ones that set the norms for the rest of us.

Most of the time they are not going through the same things we are. This is not some anti govt rant, This is simply a pro thinking rant and I am dying to read in the newspaper one day that the people have finally changed something. Or read on one of these forums that people have said "Im done" with letting other people be the norm setters. If we want anything done we have to do it ourselves. I am not saying we need to be violent about anything we want to change but I am saying we need to put our brains to use and stop accepting everything that is told to us as truth, question everything. Question what im saying, what your parents say, what teachers say, question everything you have ever been taught because without that we will never and i mean never get anywhere. Do you think people like Einstein sat around accepting the way the world is around them without thinking on their own? Be the change you wish to see. No matter how cliche that sounds.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownKnower
simply refusing to move forward with anything positive

Can you give me a specific example of what you mean when you say moving forward in a positive direction? What change or paradigm shift would you like to see specifically?

I agree with you, I just want to see some specific examples of what you think constitutes positive, forward momentum. I don't think everybody has the same idea about what that means.

Thanks in advance for clarifying.

edit on 11-6-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

The shift I am meaning is more of an overall change in consciousness.

People are too naive nowadays and its going to be our downfall if it doesn't change. We need to stop accepting everything we are told as the truth.

Because like I said we are letting people who know nothing about us, set the norms by which we live our life.
Once this happens I think humans will advance at a much faster pace.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Don't fret, you're living during a time of a great shift. It really just depends on how you look at it. There are those who have a real and tangible fear of this social shift, as it's ultimately positioned against their own interests. Unfortunately those who would oppose a social shift hold sway in the largest information distribution centers, so in essence, they control "official" sentiment.But there is an underlying sentiment that cannot be denied, the same way there was an underlying progressive sentiment against divine rule during the late 18th and early 19th centuries. This of course was known as the American and French revolutions. The Monarchs completely denied that the progressive shift was of any substantial merit until it was too late to make any concessions that would have curbed the sentiment and restored order as they thought it should be. Sound familiar at all?There has been an absolute explosion of alternative information distribution that may not be deemed as "official", but none the less has significant value socially. Twenty years ago there were relatively few people really invested in notions of government and financial corruption, technological suppression, etc, etc, and anyone who was supportive of any such discourse would usually be immediately disregarded. There still is a level of disregard, but if you've been paying attention, not so much today as yesterday. I haven't even touched upon the technological revelations we're going to experience within the next twenty or so years. A revolution that will dwarf the industrial revolution.The more the leadership of this world acts in a totalitarian manner, the more it becomes apparent they're desperately holding on. You can't kill an idea.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

You are absolutely right but I cannot help but feel as if the people that are in the position to set these norms for us are really succeeding at it since everyday I see people believing everything that comes out of the mouths of govt officials, of news anchors, of radio hosts. And I sit and think. Why are we not questioning them? We question things that are out of the normal because it seems wrong to us but why not question the things that have been so normal for so long. Without this kind of thinking there would never have been the civil rights movement, womens rights movements, and more contemporary the gay rights movements. The problem i am seeing is that he officials like to pretend like the current issues arent issues at all. They like to pretend that they are open to moving forward but when the decision time comes they stick with the ways of the past. I feel like we moved faster with change a few decades ago than we are now. Am I wrong in feeling this way?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

The perfect example of what I am talking about is platos cave allegory. People in this day and age tend to be doing exactly what is represented in this tale.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by UnknownKnower

It happened. Last December 21st.
Where were you?

edit on 6/11/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

You are precisely on point, my friend, when you speak of a change in consciousness and that is exactly what is occurring at this moment in your linear time, however realize that this is not an instantaneous shift that will happen over night. It is a rather gradual thing, from your perspective at least, however also realize that from a universal perspective that it is all happening in the blink of an eye.

Many are continuing to grow in their awareness of that which has plagued them for the last few thousand years and are continuing to "wake up" as you say. Consciousness is expanding and that expansion is accelerating and it is an inevitable "eventuality" that all of these things you speak of will begin to manifest and they have been unfolding if you pay attention to certain aspects.

You, and all who come here to have your voices heard are fueling this process and I thank you for doing so. As GD21D said previously, "don't fret." All will unfold as it should.

edit on 11-6-2013 by InfinitePerspective because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Where were you?

Yep, totally happened .
Totally felt it. Anyone else?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

(Naw, I'll spare you the joke.)

I am curious what you felt exactly though. I admit I did feel an intense vibrational tingle throughout my body around the designated time of the solstice. It woke me up when it happened. I didn't think much of it though. I feel that from time-to-time when I sleep or meditate.

What did you feel?

edit on 11-6-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I think I hear what you're sayin OP.
And I totally agree.

Specifics would be things like,
a living wage for all wanting work,
& to throw Big Oil out on its Ass,
and back to strictly plastic production,
Like God intended.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

reply to post by GD21D

You are absolutely right but I cannot help but feel as if the people that are in the position to set these norms for us are really succeeding at it since everyday I see people believing everything that comes out of the mouths of govt officials, of news anchors, of radio hosts. And I sit and think. Why are we not questioning them?
And that's the slight of hand. You can't expect official sources come out and say "Ya know, things are bad. Nobody trusts us, and our approval ratings are horrible." It's only one statistic, but it's one I came across earlier during my daily reading.

Only six percent (6%) of Likely U.S. Voters give Congress good or excellent marks for the job it is doing, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey. Sixty-four percent (64%) rate its performance as poor.
www.rasmussenreports.com...Seems like the only ones who approve of the governing officials are the truly naive and the officials themselves. How many of those 64% have any bit of control over "official" information distribution?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I dont know if I felt anything at that point in time or not. I do think there is a change occurring and I know that in the universal sense its happening in the blink of an eye and to me it feels like forever.

I simply wish for those who are getting in the way to start thinking a little harder on things and it irritates me that they are so content with being told how to live their lives with no explanations. Those who question it are furthering the cause so to speak haha.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

It seems like no one that is willing to further our intelligence and our oneness is in a power position in any govt. I think that to get anywhere we need to stop all the wars and all the major issues and combine our wills to be one that will be better for the future.

Not a totalitarian existence, or an anarchic existence. I am meaning an existence where all of us are only wanting wants best for us as a whole.But in that system is a flaw which means that if whats best for us as a whole may be bad for me as an individual which I recognize and cant think of a solution to that yet.

I know it will be impossible to get everyone wanting whats best for everyone but I want people to want to further our advancement and hopefully one day reach that Utopian society where everyone feels that everything is going great.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Why? Why do you care? Do you think it matters? We are a grain of sand. This world will be wiped out by an asteroid or consumed by our star going red giant at some point any way. But before that happens, well all be long dead. So why should we care? Why does it matter? Humans are what they are and they do what they do and they serve their existential purpose perfectly to keep the cosmic balance.

Why do you want to change? Do you HATE the way we are? Do you hate? Do you wish humanity to be more loving and peaceful? The desire for change itself is an unpeaceful and unloving act, see? You are love, but you lose sight of this because you want to be something else.

All is balanced. You do away with the negative extremes, you also do away with the positive extremes. The desire for positivity is an unbalanced act which is sure to have negative repercussions. If you seek contentment, become content.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I do not desire a purely positive world and why dont you explain to me how me wanting things to be better or different means im unbalancing the universe? I want to know your credentials on telling me how things are balanced in the universe.

What gives you that right my friend?

I am only wanting humans to stop hurting themselves and the planet. I respect the universe plenty and I think that if the universe is a balanced being then it sure does need as much good things in it as possible. I know without the bad there would be no good and without the good there would be no bad. I want the best for everyone and whats best for everyone most definitely is not how this world is going currently.

This world and universe would be better if people were more intelligent and more loving. Why do you seem so stuck on keeping things the way they are?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   

We are the reference for our experience. Things are negative or positive in reference to our determination. We determine good and bad. Since we determine both, we are neither, and therefore neutral- balanced. So to seek positivity or negativity is to seek some ideal. And this doesnt define us.

Your vision of positivity could possibly be another's vision of negativity. So the only thing to change here, in reality, is the ideal you make in your mind. Ideals arent real. They dont speak for all, but only for the individual. You cant infringe on free will. People go to war because they choose to. The only thing you have the authority to change is yourself.. So live and let live. To direct others towards any ideal, or change them, is controlling and unbalanced.

You can be on the front line of a battle and have peace. Acceptance of how things are is peace. Yearning for otherness is sufferring.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Where were you?

Ha Ha Ha! That was Brilliant Phage! It brought be a smile, thank you!

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Now I see you're going somewhat Buddhist on me. Nothing wrong with that. But I just think the world can be better and wish to see it happen. I wish for people to finally be happy instead of always complaining about everything. Like I have done in this thread.

It saddens me that we have to complain about these things and they aren't already implicitly given to us. Humans are born with certain rights and a few of these rights are not respected by most people in the world. Do you agree?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Now I see you're going somewhat Buddhist on me. Nothing wrong with that. But I just think the world can be better and wish to see it happen. I wish for people to finally be happy instead of always complaining about everything. Like I have done in this thread.

It saddens me that we have to complain about these things and they aren't already implicitly given to us. Humans are born with certain rights and a few of these rights are not respected by most people in the world. Do you agree?

Were all born with the freedom to pursue human desires. Some desire for you to not have that freedom. Id fight them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join