It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majority Of Americans Support NSA Surveillance Programs: Poll

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake

Majority Of Americans Support NSA Surveillance Programs: Poll

www.ibtimes.com

A poll released Monday shows that despite the uproar over the National Security Agency’s newly leaked surveillance programs, a majority of Americans are fine with the agency's pervasive reach. Still, a sizable majority is opposed to the vast NSA surveillance net.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.newrepublic.com
politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com

Daaaaaang, That WAS Super Fast!!! ROFLMAO,

Monday they say, like WOW they Must be "spying" on Americans to get THAT many People polled, EVEN at a Percentage level, THAT QUICK,

Like SUPER WOW MAN

That's faster than SUPERMAN!!!

Where did they Do this Poll? Saturday night at a uh, few Bars at Two in the Morning??? LOL,

Yea OK,

And another Poll says, that Majority of Americans have fantasies about that Gangum boy, but instead of him they want the Real deal, The leader of North Korea,

Yea baby, I'm convinced!

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

The majority of Americans are over medicated and over fed idiots. Good thing it only takes 3% for a revolution.

edit on 12-6-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Shows what this country is really about.

It's about trading liberty for security.

Some smart guy tried to warn the stupid against this.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
This is indeed a conundrum, if you lust for power, you kind of want these types of things in place so you can seize the power through getting into government positions. If you have no need for power, you probably wont be targeted be targeted by this, or care about it.

However, if you seek power and someone else is not there to ease you into your position, and you go head on, you might be ruined.

Major catch 22 with the implications of programs like this becoming the new norm. A family dynasty could survive for hundreds of years with all the technological tools at their disposal.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

The majority of Americans are over medicated and over fed idiots. Good thing it only takes 3% for a revolution.

edit on 12-6-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

The majority of American people are just normal citizens who love their families and want to live a normal life. Unfortunately, you get a camera on Kanye West 24/7 and it starts feeling like this is the norm.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MyHappyDogShiner
Shows what this country is really about.

It's about trading liberty for security.

Some smart guy tried to warn the stupid against this.

Those smart guys could have never predicted the information age and level of communication we have now. There was no way to foretell this. Although they tried in spite of anything that might come up, to make rules which would govern people without interference.

A fool's errand perhaps? They ran from the reach of the crown and settled new lands. They nearly genocide'd all the locals. To set up a utopia which was not destined to last forever.

The victorious empire now will be ruling the world from behind a computer screen. The US has truly become an Empire, and they will not survive unless they stretch their tentacles across the world. And in their own borders.

Especially given the multiculturalism there is today.

I am not advocating or endorsing the behaviour, simply calling a spade a spade.

This program in the eyes of who's running things needs to exist. It exists everywhere else in the world, or at least with any major players for world dominancy. Now... they kept it secret so people didn't get all angsty about it.

It's like the revelations in Canada with paying a million to get a kidnapped citizen back from terrorist organization. When the media covered it, they said "Shut up, you're doing more harm than good."

So...

Why is that?

Because, in another report it showed that Islamic militia groups have brought in about 100 million for funding by kidnapping North Americans and Europeans. This means the whole "We don't negotiate with terrorists" lines are BS. But, they need to exist, and payments to them need to exist as well.

So now, to reaffirm their stance, the US and Canada is going to have to let some innocent people get murdered, because it was quid pro quo to pay them under the table. But now that the cat's out of the bag, they will have to do the song and dance again.

They were simply trying to keep emerging groups from getting in on the charade. The ones who've been around the block, know for certain kidnapping for money works. But they don't want it to become a new fad.

Just like the pirates in Somalia.

What happened?

They sent battle destroyers down there to clean up the mess. Because they had to.

If you run in and rob a bank, expect your mugshot all over the news and for your ass to be firmly planted in a jail cell within hours of your crime. A head of a real estate firm however, was check kiting with a major bank recently and it refused to prosecute, citing they don't want to look weak and easily tricked in the media and public eye.

So on one hand, you have a criminal who was captured and convicted in a matter of hours. Evidence everywhere captured by cameras, exploding ink bags, heck - even DNA spray. On the other hand, a greedy fat woman who got away scott free.

Image is everything.

You complain about this one, the government will probably outsource the entire thing. Defence contractors will pick up the role and the gov loses all culpability.

Are we going to see Utah centre be sold to a private party, free from oversight?

Could happen if you make a fuss.

The bottom line, I think people in charge feel that this is a necessity in this day and age and I highly doubt those views to change anytime soon.
edit on 12-6-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

IF that is True Somehow , then it just goes to show you the Majority of Americans are Couch Potato Idiots ......A Club I am not a Member of Fortunately.......

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Its like inviting the vampire in your home. They will bring it on to themselves. They will believe its for a greater good. Thats the plan

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Well considering that another poll just after another shooting a while back revealed that most Americans were not willing to trade freedom for safety, were fed up, this being the opposite, it seems that each party politics runs its own polls with different results.

A little manipulation anyone?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
You would have to be a bloody fool to believe that this poll is remotely credible.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Lets all start a poll on how many people have actually participated in or contributed to a poll!!!

edit on 12-6-2013 by Anonbeleiver77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I'm okay with Surveillance to a certain degree, but why does NSA need EVERYONE's phone record from Verizon and AT&T?? Why not just handle it case by case with suspicious people? The way I read into it is that no one is safe and we're all suspects...

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

I'm okay with Surveillance to a certain degree, but why does NSA need EVERYONE's phone record from Verizon and AT&T?? Why not just handle it case by case with suspicious people? The way I read into it is that no one is safe and we're all suspects...

This is a conspiracy website....
We are all on a watch list

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonbeleiver77

Originally posted by jhn7537

This is a conspiracy website....
We are all on a watch list

I hope I also made the NSA Irritable Bowel Syndrom list!!!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Hmmm
It would seem to me of the 7 pages of comments posted so far
almost 98% rejection of this program,..

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

More Americans disapprove (53%) than approve (37%) of the federal government agency program that as part of its efforts to investigate terrorism obtained records from U.S. telephone and Internet companies to "compile telephone call logs and Internet communications."

Latest poll update - www.gallup.com...

Interesting article....even if I don't fully trust in polls.

Still, it looks like as more details comes out....support for these "programs" are waning and people are starting to get angry.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

I think gallop polls are more valid and reliable for indicating representation. I have no idea why it matters what someone's party affiliation is though. So democrats care the least about invasion of privacy? This tells me that people defend their initial beliefs since our president is a democrat. I'm not really sure what they are trying to say by separating people by affiliation.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Hmmm
It would seem to me of the 7 pages of comments posted so far
almost 98% rejection of this program,..

here we are amoungst readers and righters
you forgot the "ain't real untill seen on TV" types
edit on 12-6-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
THIS IS NOT THE HOTTEST TOPIC RIGHT NOW WHY IS IT ON TOP!
Single digit page count and flags and this is the hottest topic??

This is obvious counter-intelligence and subliminal propaganda. The mere sight of the headline will have an adverse effect on many peoples minds without realizing it. Stop the message, it is false. The majority do not support this, by bumping this headline someone is attempting to manipulate minds with the headline alone. We can all see it.

You mean I am trying to promote that? That is the farthest thing from my intent. You are preaching to the choir here. Also, replies apparently count for it being on top, as it is not a favored thread by ratio. The headline, of course, was shared because of ATS rules and the fact that it's difficult at times to find if a breaking story was posted or not.

This headline meant to shock in the mainstream media-don't get me wrong I do agree with what you said- and similar is all over the news. People need to talk about this to expose it for what it is, polling propaganda. Would you rather have people see the poll on MSM and other sites, letting it quietly be undiscussed? People, that may otherwise believe every poll from the media and or believe that spying is okay may be searching the headline on the net may find this thread and be alerted to think of the topic of hand in question.

I would have posted it in "Deconstructing Disinfo-www.abovetopsecret.com..." however, it may not have had attention it needed. Replies will tell you otherwise that people are not buying into it as a real statement.

Anyway, sorry that you feel that way, you can feel free to contact a mod about moving the thread to a more appropriate forum. Also, yes I did come forth questioning in what looks like a naive manner, but seen that as a way to promote discussion(apologies as I am not the best at communication...). Do I really feel more than half of the country are in favor? No, I have a little bit more hope than that for our people.
edit on 13-6-2013 by dreamingawake because: Added more

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy

More Americans disapprove (53%) than approve (37%) of the federal government agency program that as part of its efforts to investigate terrorism obtained records from U.S. telephone and Internet companies to "compile telephone call logs and Internet communications."

Latest poll update - www.gallup.com...

Interesting article....even if I don't fully trust in polls.

Still, it looks like as more details comes out....support for these "programs" are waning and people are starting to get angry.

Yes I am seeing a lot of conflicting towards the original media poll. Now we have to be cautious of the backlash when they notice they are losing their manufactured favored opinion. Gallup poll seems to be the one that the public trusts, maybe the recent data can open the minds of those who support what the NSA is doing.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join