It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majority Of Americans Support NSA Surveillance Programs: Poll

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I live in a nation of idiots...people that want to be spied upon and have all of their personal information and history and correspondence confiscated and kept forever so that it can be used against them later. Why would anyone be okay with that?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

I simply don't believe this. It is made up propaganda.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
i have a hard time believing that poll, sounds like skewed results aimed at making more think that its normal/acceptable..if its true..god help you all its over

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Americans how do you think the Nazi's were able to convince people that the Jews deserved what happened. They used propaganda and fear and it worked and it is working again.

I believe this poll is a lie. Look at how all the PTB mouthpieces are using it right now. Come on people it is time to wake up. Anyone who is trying to sell the lie that this man is a traitor is part of the machine of tyranny. This event is showing us all who is against this once great country.

Tell you neighbors and friends about this we must spread the word. Most people I have talked to have not even heard about this yet. This story must get out.
edit on 12-6-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
The reason that so many Americans do not find the surveillance of their every move creepy is because most of this generation never knew 'privacy' from day one.

1. This is the "Facebook" generation, where you post for the world your every thoughts and whereabouts.
2. This is also the 'microwave' generation, where you want everything instantaneously, even friendships and romantic relationships. There is no more 'dating'. People meet online, meet up the same day, and skip right to the chase.

I asked my teenage son last night how he felt about the Big Brother state we are in. He seemed very nonchalant and said that none of his peers were discussing this. He said that privacy was not important them at all.

This generation probably could not conceive of having a thought or whereabouts that were not broadcasted to the world.

^^ That's it in a nutshell.

If you're sharing 80% of your personal life online with people you've never met, why would you care if the NSA knows who you were kissing last Friday night? What's the government going to find out that you haven't told half the world already—and why would they care?

But there's another side to this story and it's not good for the government: our capacity to collate and store information has grossly surpassed our capacity to process it.

Sure, the NSA might gather details from 20 million Facebook pages—but what happens next? Who's going to sit down and go through it all to find out what's in the national interest and what isn't? How can you efficiently analyse data on that scale?

I think the government has shot itself in the foot. They have too much information; there's no way in hell they can make good use of it without tying up an insane amount of resources, at massive expense.
edit on 12/6/13 by Sankari because: typo...

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I believe there is an important thing to look at and consider here.

Look at the dates. He came out with his name and stood up to be a man about what he'd done on the 9th. This poll almost exclusively covers the period before we knew who and what he was, let alone the context of the leaks. Given that? I'm not positive how I might have answered every question on it. I have NO doubt today.

I'd love to see this run again, now.

* Not a knock to your thread. It's very important to see this as a baseline to what feelings were in the period when this FIRST broke. It may be interesting to see in the weeks and months to come, as well.

Thank you for showing this. And only 1004 people were polled if I'm reading this right. Someone needs to hold the media accountable for manipulating this stuff. It should be criminal in fact.

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I would really like to know exactly who was questioned in this. I also agree with some of the posters before me about the posting lifestyle of the people. To me it all comes across as if they are saying everyone else is ok with it surely you are too.

However I have been shocked by the people I know that are OK with this if this is what it takes to keep them "safe".

edit on 6/12/1313 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

It's automated. It's as simple as that. They have already made a statement that it isn't agents that are going through all that data but computers that filter and find patterns in the data.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Martin75
I would really like to know exactly who was questioned in this. I also agree with some of the posters before me about the posting lifestyle of the people. To me it all comes across as if they are saying everyone else is ok with it surely you are too.

However I have been shocked by the people I know that are OK with this if this is what it takes to keep them "safe".

edit on 6/12/1313 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

I agree. All polls are taken from samples that represent the population. However they need to include the sample sizes as a disclaimer in their reports. To say 59% of Americans is misleading to those who don't understand that. It just feels misleading to me the way reporters blurt that out. The only news article i read that disclosed the sample size was the Huffington post. I think they also showed age ranges in that article (from the sample questioned).

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
THIS IS NOT THE HOTTEST TOPIC RIGHT NOW WHY IS IT ON TOP!
Single digit page count and flags and this is the hottest topic??

This is obvious counter-intelligence and subliminal propaganda. The mere sight of the headline will have an adverse effect on many peoples minds without realizing it. Stop the message, it is false. The majority do not support this, by bumping this headline someone is attempting to manipulate minds with the headline alone. We can all see it.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Extremely slanted and lying poll. Its not true. Just propaganda by fascists!

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteAlice
reply to post by Sankari

It's automated. It's as simple as that. They have already made a statement that it isn't agents that are going through all that data but computers that filter and find patterns in the data.

They must be crazy. A computer lacks the necessary intuition for that kind of job. It can't detect nuance.

Key words and 'patterns in the data' aren't going to cut it. They're going to end up with a lot of junk which has the appearance of relevance but means absolutely nothing. And then they're going to waste millions of dollars tracking that junk to its source, at which point they'll almost certainly ruin someone's day with a bad call.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I don't know what to say.

The results are engineered

Or

God bless Americans

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I haven't seen anyone on here in agreement with it, so they more than likely handpicked who they asked the question which makes it all the more less trustworthy.
The only way it could be true would be to ask everyone in the US, to have a proper referendum.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
When the news story first aired on CNN and Fox, the polls of the public had the opposite result. I believe CNN was reporting something like only 35% of the American public were OK with NSA using Verizon data with 60-something-percent of American public opposed. Fox ran a similar story before prime time news. This was about yesterday or day before.

Then when prime time news hit the channels, suddenly the major networks were reporting the opposite polls claiming that Americans agreed with the NSA spy program.

So its really the media making up their own story and poll results. And I guess they are out of touch with the public if they really think that the public buys their "poll" results which change hourly, day to day depending on who's running the story and what they want the public to think.

It's not like NSA can actually gather stuff via Verizon to stop terrorism anyway. They can't stop a bioweapons or chemical weapons attack by monitoring a bunch of cell phones. So what do they really do with all that data if it isn't stopping domestic, nor foreign attacks?

Today one news network was reporting that NSA stopped ONE terrorist attack by monitoring Verizon, but failed to say anything more about it. But I suppose that will all change tomorrow depending on which news network the govt can persuade and they'll probably claim to have stopped more without giving any specifics.

MapMistress
Verizon customer since 2003, and I do believe NSA (among others) has been snooping on it 3 years longer than the rest of the nation. -wink- Maybe I should take up the FBI's advice and switch to Nextell. The FBI guy said Cricket is owned by cops.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
For those of you who would support this NSA nonsense, let me ask you this; If you would let the government spy on you in any way shape or form, then why not let someone stand outside your window all day long, just watching everything you do?

Just have a person just sit outside any of your windows all day, and all night, watching you watch TV, watching you cook, watching you eat, watching you playing with your kids, etc. They wouldn't harass you, or anything like that. They would just sit there starring blankly at you. Just imagine that, every single day, and every single minute you'll have that person just watching you, and following you.

That's basically what the government would be like. Sure they may not be their physically, but they'll track your every step, who you see, what you say, what websites you go to, where you work, who you live with, etc, etc.

I really don't see how someone can be comfortable just having someone watching you constantly. And you always hear people say "Well if your not doing anything wrong, then what's the problem?" Whenever your being tracked like that, your basically viewed as a potential criminal, so your basically a suspect for no apparent reason. I don't see how people can have the government think your some kind of criminal and stalk you. This wouldn't prevent terrorism. Hell, the police hardly ever prevent crimes, they almost always show up after the crimes been committed.

I'm afraid what this country will be like within the next 25 years. People just keep on letting the government push them around, and their just tightening the noose, just a little bit at a time. The longer people sit around and do nothing the worse we'll be off. Once they start to really install all of this stuff, it's going to be much harder to escape it. I hope we don't get sucked to far in.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
The poll was probably rigged since they have access to microsoft,apple and googols servers as well as verizon they could fiddle any numbers with ease!

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake

Majority Of Americans Support NSA Surveillance Programs: Poll

I'm not shocked at all. These are the same people who will tell you "If you're not doing anything wrong then why does it matter?" or "We need to do something to catch the terrorists".

And the same people who will support TSA molesting people of all ages in the airport so they don't "get blown up in mid - air".

Nope, this country is no where near a revolt against anything taking place. I've started my own little protest. Standing in front of the court house each day with my signs. I get a lot of people who honk in favor of it. Gotta start somewhere. But for now, I'm alone in it. Seems everyone is busy these days. Most people who drive by me are on their phones yapping.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
ahhhh,. no
I dont, someone is trying to say that a poll was taken to over 50% of the people in
this country and they approve? I seriously doubt it

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
"cough" bullsh... start asking around. start polling NOW

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join