It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, NSA, Verizon and DoJ are being sued for $3 billion in a class action lawsuit over PRISM scand

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Obama, NSA, Verizon and DoJ are being sued for $3 billion in a class action lawsuit over PRISM scandal

Not really sure how to post this, but here is the website with the legal docs:

www.scribd.com...

So taxpayers have to pay for a secret program to spy on taxpayers. Then taxpayers have to pay to fight a lawsuit about said program. Then taxpayers are on the hook for any damages awarded.....not that I think anything will come of it.

Just take a look at Jon Corzine, he just about stole over a billion and nothing happens to him. Guess that is what happens when you know the right people.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I asked this question on another thread.

If it comes to light that they have not just been spying on US citizens but international ones also, can we sue also?

Oh and I hope you guys make em pay it is ruddy disgusting this, they should be strung up for it.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
This doesn't go past page 1 for me. It could have been made by anyone. It's on a site called scribb? Never heard of it. Regardless, I'm sure someone will end up suing the gov for one thing or another since they seem to think the people are oblivious.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Thing is even If fake others will be thinking the same and in my view they have a good case here.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

If it comes to light that they have not just been spying on US citizens but international ones also, can we sue also?

Oh and I hope you guys make em pay it is ruddy disgusting this, they should be strung up for it.

Apparently they really like spying on Germany:

euobserver.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dianec
This doesn't go past page 1 for me. It could have been made by anyone. It's on a site called scribb? Never heard of it. Regardless, I'm sure someone will end up suing the gov for one thing or another since they seem to think the people are oblivious.

It worked fine for me. The site is called 'Scribd' and there's a wealth of free books on line there. They have all of Ingo Swann's works
for which I love them.

Seems like awfully quick action getting a class action lawsuit filed in that amount of time though. Are we basically suing the American public, the fine to be paid by the American public, though?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Rand Paul: I’ll launch class-action suits to stop PRISM (with video)
hotair.com...

Go for it already! I bet he could easily get those 10 million plaintiffs as he suggested.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
You know
With all this prism business and being able to view records going back years of phone,email,text etc
You think they'd do some good and hit known and suspected tax dodgers, the powers and events behind the financial collapse and any other number of things that have gone on .........but no .......it's used on you and me.......when it should be used in actions against the real criminals
edit on 10-6-2013 by Neocrusader because: Added

edit on 10-6-2013 by Neocrusader because: Corrected

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

After reading the first 10 pages of this lawsuit I had to stop. Too much legalize for me. However since this is a Class Action lawsuit can't anyone affected sign onto the suit? Any lawyers here on ATS?

Also since this affects not just the US but potentially everyone who's ever sent an email in the last 10 years or so shouldn't this be moved to the World Court?

While it's doubtful this may go anywhere it would be nice to follow along on all the painful courtroom antics. Maybe Drudge could set up a little news box on the top of his page so we could all follow any breaking news about it.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

You would think with all this spying going on they could find all sorts of criminals, but as you said, they are using it primarily on their own legally abiding citizens. Goes to show who they think is the real threat.....and that also ties in with Obama saying, if you don't trust us, we are going to have a problem.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I'd love to see the people who filed these lawsuits prove how they have been hurt by this in any way.

Apart from increased paranoia, I can't see any possible impact on the average citizen at all.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Please take a look at your own signature. The government is taking it upon themselves to take away their peoples rights.....and seeing how you are from B.C - Canada is doing the same thing against their citizens. As a Canadian, I am upset by this. If you and others feel this is just paranoia then please hit it x in the MyATS section on this thread.

Thanks for playing.
edit on 10-6-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bassago

After reading the first 10 pages of this lawsuit I had to stop. Too much legalize for me. However since this is a Class Action lawsuit can't anyone affected sign onto the suit? Any lawyers here on ATS?

Also since this affects not just the US but potentially everyone who's ever sent an email in the last 10 years or so shouldn't this be moved to the World Court?

While it's doubtful this may go anywhere it would be nice to follow along on all the painful courtroom antics. Maybe Drudge could set up a little news box on the top of his page so we could all follow any breaking news about it.

I was wondering this too. Wouldn't someone have to prove they were searched illegally? Or will complaintants just be sending out flyers to tell people to join - heard Colorado senator was going to start a class action. If you haven't been injured by it in any way will be interesting to see where it goes. Glad to see someone is doing something. Thanks to above poster for describing what scribd is as well. Ill have to look this up later on my actual computer.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Let’s see if I got the hang of this one.

My tax dollars are being used to fund a domestic spying program.

But when it is found out, now some of my tax dollars go to sue a taxpayer funded government.

If the law suit is successful, do I get any of my tax money back? Which actually is the taxpayers anyways.

And if it fails, it just goes right back into a black hole where it went to in the first place.

Do I have that about right? Ouch…my head hurts.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

If the lawsuit is successful likely the taxpayer will have to pay the damages. Sort of like the bank bailouts (didn't get any money back from that either)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

The law suit should go after obozo, holder, verizon, and BAH personally to pay the damages - not the federal gov't.

Besides, you can't sue the fereal gov't - I believe.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Since all of us are potential terrorists in the eyes of the government why on earth would we trust an entity that doesn't trust us?

The government has made itself an enemy of the people.

Yeah, we don't trust them and it is their doing. You have a problem with that Obama? You made the problem.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dianec

I was wondering this too. Wouldn't someone have to prove they were searched illegally? Or will complaintants just be sending out flyers to tell people to join

As for their data being illegally searched I believe that's already a given. Maybe not by people but the NSA is probably running their little algorithms through the whole batch on a daily basis to narrow down any targeting. Usually when there is a class action suit there are fliers sent to anyone who has a connection. In this case it would be the Verizon customers.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neocrusader
You know
With all this prism business and being able to view records going back years of phone,email,text etc
You think they'd do some good and hit known and suspected tax dodgers, the powers aand events behind the financial collapse and any other number of things that have gone on .........but no .......it's used on you and me.......when it should be used actions against the real criminals
edit on 10-6-2013 by Neocrusader because: Added

Excellent point, just like HSBC who profiteered out of international drug money as if they didn't know and got a court fine, nobody went to the poky.
PRISM is just an update on something that has been going on for a long, long time. Either they like your face or they don't, personally or otherwise, like here just to be topical,
www.bilderberg.org...

See, this is what Snowden is saying, amongst other items, anybody in the NSA can milk the system for their own benefit.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

The washington post and the Guardian said on thursday that the NSA tapped directly into the servers of nine internet firms including Facebook, Google, Microsoft and Yahoo, so wouldn't that mean even If you use one of those you have the chance of being spied on?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join