It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, NSA, Verizon and DoJ are being sued for $3 billion in a class action lawsuit over PRISM scand

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
WHAT!!! OMG!!!

Yeah, who cares...

It will be forgotten.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

He was basically speechless, and would only keep repeating to me..."I'm not allowed to discuss that subject". Never could get an answer from him.

Just thought I'd report my conversation with Verizon.

As you report your discussion with us, so he reported your discussion to 'them' (cue X-files music).

lol... Did you really do that? That was creative, if so. I never would have thought to call them on it quite so...directly. Interesting approach though, if for nothing else than a few moments amusement.

What kinda catches me is his response. Not a good natured deflection or returned humor at what obviously was half in jest on your part....but what sounds like a very serious, deadpan 'No Comment Ma'am', as if you were a national reporter seeking official comment? Did all Verizon employees get a 'Harry Potter' like directive of what topics "Shall not be named"?? That part makes your effort worthwhile for what it revealed.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

We are so screwed as a country.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
I asked this question on another thread.

If it comes to light that they have not just been spying on US citizens but international ones also, can we sue also?

Oh and I hope you guys make em pay it is ruddy disgusting this, they should be strung up for it.

If they broke UK law, we have an extradition agreement with the US.

After you Americans get through with the bastards, we can extradite them and have a go ourselves.

BTW...we have our own version of super spyware directed at America...might want to add their names to be extradited to the USA.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Its stange to watch certain news outlets, and see the difference in reporting this story. Some say its an outrage, and others state that its treason. Most people where i live, believe the Whistleblower committed crimes against his country, and should be held accountable for his actions. I believe there should be intelligence gathering, but as to how much power these people get is the problems I have. Government trust, is at an all time low, and for good reason

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
Obama, NSA, Verizon and DoJ are being sued for $3 billion in a class action lawsuit over PRISM scandal

Not really sure how to post this, but here is the website with the legal docs:

www.scribd.com...

So taxpayers have to pay for a secret program to spy on taxpayers. Then taxpayers have to pay to fight a lawsuit about said program. Then taxpayers are on the hook for any damages awarded.....not that I think anything will come of it.

Just take a look at Jon Corzine, he just about stole over a billion and nothing happens to him. Guess that is what happens when you know the right people.

That's it? I want to see sued also all the subjects who went along with this agenda. meaning Google, Skype, Yahoo and especially FACEBOOK !!!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bassago
reply to post by boymonkey74

The suit appeared to be focused solely on the Verizon phone record "meta-data" debacle. It seems we'll need a new suit for the email/internet companies.

C'mon now. You know as well as everyone else, with a brain, that Verizon is the only official named telecom company.
But using your mind, I'm sure you will understand that EVERY BIT OF DATA / PHONE CALLS RUNS THROUGH FIBER OPTIC LINES.
Look up the definition of a prism, think back to AT&T and the NSA room below the CO in San Francisco. A prism is what they use to split the light from the fiber line to CAPTURE EVERYTHING!
Don't try to downplay this.

Every telecom company is in on it, weather official or not. Sprint, AT&T, T-mobile, Metro-PCS, all of them...

Think of what they have, as your own personal DVR of everything everyone has ever text messaged, said on the phone, posted on the Internet. So 'they' have EVERYTHING on DVR, 'they' say they only read the 'INFO' on the programs, but don't watch them? The play button is only a click away my friend...
What stops 'them' from simply clicking play? The content IS BEING ARCHIVED ALSO.

edit on 11-6-2013 by odiez2 because: dvr comparison

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthSeekersRUS
WHAT!!! OMG!!!
Yeah, who cares...
It will be forgotten.

Quickly where's the link?. I want some money. I use Verizon as my carrier
Where can I apply for a piece of this lawsuit pie?

edit on 11-6-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Wrabbit...I got the distinct feeling he was parroting, what all Verizon employees had been given as the ONLY response they could give out to any callers regarding the news story of them giving all our phone records to the Government. He did repeat it at least 7 times during our conversation. He also seemed very uncomfortable. I never could get a direct response on the question of if their violating the terms of contract service had indeed released me from any fines for early cancellation. He couldn't reply because I bet there are about a half million people calling and asking the same thing. He did tell me, the call load was* much* heavier than normal to his department, I hammered him for an answer on that one, due to waiting for almost and hr, and going through 3 lower Verizon minions to get to him.

I have no qualms about calling the highest person I can get to, for answers I want. It was eye opening in seeing the direction corporate had taken in responding to inquiries from customers. "I am not allowed to discuss that subject", I guess, is the best they could come up with on short notice....

I also think. Verizon is up the proverbial creek, on collecting early cancellation fees for those who leave their service for breech of contract. This, I hope, will cost Verizon a lot of money.

Des

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Obama, NSA, Verizon and DoJ are being sued for $3 billion in a class action lawsuit over PRISM scandal

Not really sure how to post this, but here is the website with the legal docs:

www.scribd.com...

So taxpayers have to pay for a secret program to spy on taxpayers. Then taxpayers have to pay to fight a lawsuit about said program. Then taxpayers are on the hook for any damages awarded.....not that I think anything will come of it.

Just take a look at Jon Corzine, he just about stole over a billion and nothing happens to him. Guess that is what happens when you know the right people.

LOL. The US government is composed of lawyers mostly. There is no way to win a suit against the government. Has anyone ever sued the executive branch and won? I like the idea of just calling your provider a lot and hassling them.
edit on 11-6-2013 by LastStarfighter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by keeb333
This seems appropriate here:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

A massive divestment and boycott campaign must be taken against the offending corporations. Alternative telecoms must be established for free and private communication.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Hey, so you agree that the Obama administration has stepped over the line?....or are we just trying to derail?

and yes, Bush is just as guilty (but he isn't the one in office right now)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
i have a question ...
why is everything about PRISM right now?

are folks not aware of CALEA...?

en.wikipedia.org...

from the link:

The Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act (CALEA) is a United States wiretapping law passed in 1994, during the presidency of Bill Clinton (Pub. L. No. 103-414, 108 Stat. 4279, codified at 47 USC 1001-1010).

CALEA's purpose is to enhance the ability of law enforcement and intelligence agencies to conduct electronic surveillance by requiring that telecommunications carriers and manufacturers of telecommunications equipment modify and design their equipment, facilities, and services to ensure that they have built-in surveillance capabilities, allowing federal agencies to monitor all telephone, broadband internet, and VoIP traffic in real-time.

The original reason for adopting CALEA was the Federal Bureau of Investigation's worry that increasing use of digital telephone exchange switches would make tapping phones at the phone company's central office harder and slower to execute, or in some cases impossible. Since the original requirement to add CALEA-compliant interfaces required phone companies to modify or replace hardware and software in their systems, U.S. Congress included funding for a limited time period to cover such network upgrades. CALEA was passed into law on October 25, 1994 and came into force on January 1, 1995.

In the years since CALEA was passed it has been greatly expanded to include all VoIP and broadband internet traffic. From 2004 to 2007 there was a 62 percent growth in the number of wiretaps performed under CALEA -- and more than 3,000 percent growth in interception of internet data such as email.[1]

By 2007, the FBI had spent $39 million on its DCSNet system, which collects, stores, indexes, and analyzes communications data.[1]

and their NOC should be in Brighton MO.

this is nothing new... old old old news....
its just being "abused" more now right ??? >>>>>>>>>>>

edit: other points of interest:

Carnivore (software)
NarusInsight
DCSNet
Signals intelligence (sigint)
ECHELON

edit on 11-6-2013 by nvprose1 because: other points of interest:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
I asked this question on another thread.

If it comes to light that they have not just been spying on US citizens but international ones also, can we sue also?

Oh and I hope you guys make em pay it is ruddy disgusting this, they should be strung up for it.

Apparently they really like spying on Germany:

euobserver.com...

Just looking for a good schnitzle recipe. *wink wink*

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
If Obama can use Government lawyers to conceal parts of his past from us, like his College records, & do it at our Tax payer expense. Can we use the same lawyers. Maybe a lawyer Stimulus package. They can hire Constitutional Lawyers to represent us. Hey didn't Obama study constitutional Law? Wait, then why don't he understand the Laws. O.K.. I'm starting to get confused, something that happens often when talking about Obama. Just when you think you understand him slightly, another Twist. Anyway that's what happens when you count on Shady people with things to Hide.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Yeah and 3 billion is a paltry sum if we are talking everyone that was a customer is invited to hop on board.
What is 3 billion to the mighty US Govt? A single B-2 Spirit stealth bomber plus upgrade packages? Just one of them?

Oh well, where is my 10$? Because that's what I am entitled to under this suit.

Instead of forcing them to pay for "damages" , a better goal would have been to "force them to stop doing it", maybe by naming names and charging them with crimes and taking them to court and putting them behind bars for essentially breaking the founding laws of the land.

That would have been cooler because really 10$ is a joke.
I can't even pay for a full month of letting them spy on me with that.

Politicians and the very rich don't have the same rules as we do. They don't go to prison minus the few sacrifices throughout the years who probably didn't have the right connections. That's gotta change too. If caught lying under oath - perjury charges; if caught using tax payer money for personal pleasures - embezzlement maybe; if caught breaking the law at all - see ya in court. In fact why aren't they held to higher standards.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I have a concern that is not being raised.

The Chinese have hacked the US we are told frequently and probably on multiple occasions, what reassurances do we have that the data the US government stores on all of us is being kept safe?

Will identity theft become a huge issue because all this data that is stored is then hacked and stolen and sold to the highest bidders?

Your thoughts please

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by gazzerman
I have a concern that is not being raised.

The Chinese have hacked the US we are told frequently and probably on multiple occasions, what reassurances do we have that the data the US government stores on all of us is being kept safe?

Will identity theft become a huge issue because all this data that is stored is then hacked and stolen and sold to the highest bidders?

Your thoughts please

Good point. If they have our personal info in their computers and those get hacked it wouldn't be hard. It seems a bit useless to continue with the program and if our government got off the defensive for just a moment they might realize that this wont work anymore (if it did to begin with which I don't see evidence of yet). It's out in the open. Terrorist worldwide will find other ways to communicate. Just tell us they are doing away with it, going to have an over site committee (by the public sector) and will insure it won't happen anymore.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TFCJay

Germans accuse U.S. of Stasi tactics before Obama visit

www.reuters.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join