It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Europe reacts to recent U.S. surveillance revalations

page: 1
15
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Europe reacts to recent U.S. surveillance revalations


www.rawstory.com

Europeans reacted angrily on Friday to revelations that U.S. authorities had tapped the servers of internet companies for personal data, saying they confirmed their worst fears about American Web giants and showed tighter regulations were needed.

Beyond Europe

In Australia, the conservative opposition said it was “very troubled” and had voiced concern to U.S. diplomats in Canberra about what it called large-scale, covert surveillance of private data belonging to foreigners.
(visit the link for the full news article)


Related News Links:
www.reuters.com
economictimes.indi atimes.com




posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
It seems as though Americans aren't the only ones who are livid about the recent spying and data surveillance. Soon enough our government will have a file on all of us with sheets of paper documenting every single move we make. I feel as though a lot of this stems from the whole "war on terrorism", as now, it is no longer the criminals who are the terrorists, it is the activists and people who have more than 7 days of food in their fridge. They just gotta keep track of everybody and their brother.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)



posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Erich94
 


Europe should react to it. It's happening here then soon all the puppets will follow suit... When will humanity learn that ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

-SAP-



posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Double post. -_-

-SAP-
edit on 8-6-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The only countries "reacting" to it are the countries the U.S probably never shared the data with.



posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
And in the uk.......


Ministers will respond in parliament on Monday to claims that UK intelligence agencies have gained access to a vast reservoir of private data relating to people living in Britain – including emails and phone logs – collected by spies at the US National Security Agency.

Amid growing calls for the government to reveal what it knows about the data interception scandal revealed by the Guardian last week, senior Whitehall sources said it was "highly likely" that a statement would be delivered to MPs in the Commons either by the foreign secretary, William Hague, whose department is responsible for GCHQ, or the home secretary, Theresa May
.


Guardian

I think our goverment going to try the few rouge staff routine and they knew nothing.

edit on 8/6/2013 by skuly because: little edit



posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly
 


Yeah, if I remember correctly, I read that the UK got access to the same records of the NSA or that the NSA shared the records with the UK.

I'll try to dig up the link.

-SAP-



posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
So is everybody in the world under blanket surveillance by the US gov ?
Admittedly I've not seen the ins and outs of this, but from what little I've already seen it seems that the US gov has had access to all our records if we have used these companies or theirs subsidiaries

If so how can this be allowed to continue
This is a threat to the national security of every country in the world
Not only a threat to national security
But to commerce and the economy
Politics
Technological innovation ( more suppressed and stolen tech )
The risks are endless

This is the last straw that will turn us all into the slaves and victims of the US gov
edit on 8-6-2013 by Neocrusader because: Added

edit on 8-6-2013 by Neocrusader because: Auto



posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Can you imagine how the world would have reacted if the Soviet Union would have done this during the cold war? Your right, it's not just American privacy which is being violated, but every person who calls or receives a call from the United States. Better start using snail mail againe.



posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
No wonder my friends in the UK suddenly aren't returning my calls.

2nd



posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neocrusader
So is everybody in the world under blanket surveillance by the US gov ?
Admittedly I've not seen the ins and outs of this, but from what little I've already seen it seems that the US gov has had access to all our records if we have used these companies or theirs subsidiaries

If so how can this be allowed to continue
This is a threat to the national security of every country in the world
Not only a threat to national security
But to commerce and the economy
Politics
Technological innovation ( more suppressed and stolen tech )
The risks are endless

This is the last straw that will turn us all into the slaves and victims of the US gov
edit on 8-6-2013 by Neocrusader because: Added

edit on 8-6-2013 by Neocrusader because: Auto



To answer your question....pretty much.....ever since operation ECHELON they have been expanding their
web of intercepts and data sources to feed the NSA computers.



posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I think it's interesting how other nations are looking to America as the bad guys here and yes, it does look like the US has been running it. However, to believe it's not in close cooperation with the security services of allied nations would be extremely foolish. The UK and Australia are joined at the hip on this and have been since the earliest days. Decades of it. Australia looks to us? Look to their own Government. The 3rd leg of the intelligence collection triad has been based there longer than most have been alive.

It would be most unfortunate to take apart the US side of it..and leave the rest fully intact while those running it just chuckle at how so much of the global nanny network is missed entirely.

Just my thoughts...but this is far from a one nation issue, even if one nation has pioneered much of it from the looks of things.



posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Righteous indignation..oooh, we're all very upset and angry about it...for a couple of days...next.


The western world is beyond a joke...the people are beyond calling sheeple...they have the attention spans of nats and the moral compass has to be set by the Guardian newspaper...pathetic...lets all do a student protest, I mean the weather is fine so its good fun in the sun...we can all work on our tans because that's about the height of the protest movement, we might even get on TV.

So what happened to impeachment? I mean they would only replace Obama with another clone anyhow..but they wont even be seen to do that much now, that's how far its gone, TPTB don't even need to fake it anymore, its all in plain sight...and look at the reaction.. Righteous indignation...In the past this would have toppled governments..not anymore..

This is the level society has sunk to...so if i were in charge it would let me know, its time to go to the next level, why not, its easy now..no opposition what so ever, just fear, anxiety and apathy.
edit on 9-6-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-6-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Siberbat
Can you imagine how the world would have reacted if the Soviet Union would have done this during the cold war? Your right, it's not just American privacy which is being violated, but every person who calls or receives a call from the United States. Better start using snail mail againe.


Ha if things keep going like they are we wont even have a postal service.



posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Cursed double post

edit on 9-6-2013 by SuicideBankers because: double post



posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideBankers

Originally posted by Siberbat
Can you imagine how the world would have reacted if the Soviet Union would have done this during the cold war? Your right, it's not just American privacy which is being violated, but every person who calls or receives a call from the United States. Better start using snail mail againe.


Ha if things keep going like they are we wont even have a postal service.


You mean the postal "service" that rips your mail open to check through it, or the one that delays packages for weeks whilst they run them through xray machines and tests..

I mean you see these TV shows to legitimize all the tests they put mail through..in case its got drugs inside...supposedly...And then yet another ricin letter sent to the president...so more delays and tests on everyone's mail...and more snooping.

The postal service is just as busted as the internet...phone calls or walking down a street full of CCTV.

We're in it up to our eyeballs...1984 eat your heart out.
edit on 9-6-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackHat

Originally posted by SuicideBankers

Originally posted by Siberbat
Can you imagine how the world would have reacted if the Soviet Union would have done this during the cold war? Your right, it's not just American privacy which is being violated, but every person who calls or receives a call from the United States. Better start using snail mail againe.


Ha if things keep going like they are we wont even have a postal service.


You mean the postal "service" that rips your mail open to check through it, or the one that delays packages for weeks whilst they run them through xray machines and tests..


Yeah thats the one. The one thats going broke as well.



posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Oh I forgot to mention..remember how about a year ago, Yahoo, Google and YouTube all started asking for your phone numbers...oh so that if you forgot your passwords they could text you them...or some absolute BS like that...I wonder how many saps fell for that one.



posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I think it's interesting how other nations are looking to America as the bad guys here and yes, it does look like the US has been running it. However, to believe it's not in close cooperation with the security services of allied nations would be extremely foolish. The UK and Australia are joined at the hip on this and have been since the earliest days. Decades of it. Australia looks to us? Look to their own Government. The 3rd leg of the intelligence collection triad has been based there longer than most have been alive.

It would be most unfortunate to take apart the US side of it..and leave the rest fully intact while those running it just chuckle at how so much of the global nanny network is missed entirely.

Just my thoughts...but this is far from a one nation issue, even if one nation has pioneered much of it from the looks of things.


Totally correct, it's actually under a banner name, something like UKUSA but that includes Australia, Canada and New Zealand as well.
The BBC is picking up on it big time.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 9-6-2013 by smurfy because: Text.



posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by skuly
And in the uk.......


Ministers will respond in parliament on Monday to claims that UK intelligence agencies have gained access to a vast reservoir of private data relating to people living in Britain – including emails and phone logs – collected by spies at the US National Security Agency.

Amid growing calls for the government to reveal what it knows about the data interception scandal revealed by the Guardian last week, senior Whitehall sources said it was "highly likely" that a statement would be delivered to MPs in the Commons either by the foreign secretary, William Hague, whose department is responsible for GCHQ, or the home secretary, Theresa May
.


Guardian

I think our goverment going to try the few rouge staff routine and they knew nothing.

edit on 8/6/2013 by skuly because: little edit


William Hague has been on TV and dared to use the line of "if you have done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear".


I'm not even joking, he's the Foreign Secretary and First Secretary of State, and he's appeared on live TV to give a fascist statement like that to the public!


If all of these people are still in power by the end of the month then I will give up completely. I'll stop caring about politics, I'll stop voting, I'll treat ever politician like they're criminal scum.

The UK politicians who knew about Prism should all be charged with treason. They have allowed an agency of a foreign government access to the information of private British citizens. They should be in a cell right now facing questioning from MI5 - if our agencies were not also in collusion with foreign powers to hand over British citizens information.



new topics

top topics



 
15
<<   2 >>

log in

join