It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laura Ingraham: "Maybe We Should Have Focused More On Patriot Act, Not ‘Laughed at Liberty"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
reply to post by jude11

There are already systems in place to prevent such a mass exodus. If the $&!# really hits the fan, people won't be able to come and go freely unless they are well connected. There is really only one way to deal with the issue and that is to face it head on and not run from it.

When they start shooting US citizens at the border...watch out.

Peace

kix

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Well is always Canada and Mexico to do the exodus, I can only laugh at the site of a caravan of American people trying to cross the Mexican boders and the Mexican people scream "build a wall, build a wall"

Well, that you be Ironic to say the least.

What did the USA needed, to be honest America rally needed ROSS PEROT back in 1992, I did not like him much, but he had a point THEN and now more than ever.

He wanted a real business man in the White House, someone who built empires, business and economic prowess and he had the credentials. I remember perfectly he saying that NAFTA should be put as a principal agenda to repel the asian attack and make the whole North America a powerhouse....look were we are 20 years later...

If he had been president he would have made a big diference in the political system and the duopoly on the government would have changed for good or bad 20 years ago...

The real question now is what to chosse were you have no real choosing power, where you are being spied and controlled and BRAINWASHED 24-7??? Some of us had the cultural and brain power to see trhought he lies all these years BOSNIA? 9-11? the Internet bubble of the 90´s the crash and bank saving or 2008? ad infinitum, and dont even mention invasions, wars and outright stealing of other countries in the pursuit or DEMOCRACY, what democracy were its inexistent due to the patriot act... oh boy its very sad to see what has become of the great ideas of the founding fathers. Really sad

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by jude11

Hold on now. This Administration grossly abused the Act. It's author was interviewed the day before yesterday and said this NSA nonsense with the FISA court was never a part of the Patriot Act.

Looks like the author forgot about section 215.

The Chief Justice of the United States shall publicly designate seven district court judges from seven of the United States judicial circuits who shall constitute a court which shall have jurisdiction to hear applications for and grant orders approving electronic surveillance anywhere within the United States under the procedures set forth in this Act, except that no judge designated under this subsection shall hear the same application for electronic surveillance under this Act which has been denied previously by another judge designated under this subsection.

Sen. Obama voted to reauthorize the Patriot Act in 2005, a decision he defended on the campaign trail in 2008 with the caveat that some provisions contained in Section 215, like allowing the government to go through citizens' library records, "went way overboard." But in 2011 President Obama signed a bill to extend the Patriot Act's sunset clause to June 1, 2015—with Section 215 intact in its 2005 form.

This Is What Section 215 of the Patriot Act Does

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
So, this may be as close as we get these days to being exonerated in KNOWING what was going on. Maybe many of us are not as crazy as they made us out to be. (Ok, some)

This seems to be breaking open as to what is really going on and all of us "Conspiracy Nuts" may have actually been right in the first place.

But, it has taken a long time and it might be too late to do anything because of the tentacles that have been implanted over the last 12 yrs. 12 years with no one listening is quite sufficient to destroy everything that was once held dear to all...freedom, privacy and liberty.

Is it too late?

12160.info...
“It all started courtesy the Patriot Act,” Ingraham said. “A lot of civil libertarians at the time raised red flags, and they were laughed off. I didn’t focus that much, to tell you the truth, about the Patriot Act. I wish I had. I think that was a mistake.”

And O'Reilly?

O’Reilly was quick to separate his support of the Patriot Act, which covers the NSA’s data grab revealed yesterday, from the Obama’s administration’s use of it. “I supported the Patriot Act, but I never thought that a warrant could cover every single American,” he said.

So maybe these people can do a little research before reporting on something they don't know anything about? Isn't that their job? And should we welcome them with open arms now that they are finally seeing the light after doing so much harm to the psyche of the US citizen?

Or?...Like many have stated upon pondering the sudden turn of the MSM against the Obama Admin...is this something else that we have to approach carefully due to all the mistrust that has been built up for a decade? The MSM lies, propaganda, shill tactics, false reporting...

I'm getting very tired as of late.

Peace

edit on 8-6-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

That is how the MSM is when something becomes painfully obvious then they will talk about it and call a spade a spade and they only do this to gain back all the credibility they lost over the years!
The truth is they are as corrupt as the politicians, banks and corporations!

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The MSM lies, propaganda, shill tactics, false reporting... I'm getting very tired as of late. Peace

I'm very tired too my friend... All the above mentioned during the 2012 election I'm sure removed like 2 years of my life.

It's somewhat a sigh of relief that some things are really coming to light now, but it does make you wonder... what's the agenda? We can't trust the MSM as far as we can throw them..

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join