It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laura Ingraham: "Maybe We Should Have Focused More On Patriot Act, Not ‘Laughed at Liberty"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
So, this may be as close as we get these days to being exonerated in KNOWING what was going on. Maybe many of us are not as crazy as they made us out to be. (Ok, some)

This seems to be breaking open as to what is really going on and all of us "Conspiracy Nuts" may have actually been right in the first place.

But, it has taken a long time and it might be too late to do anything because of the tentacles that have been implanted over the last 12 yrs. 12 years with no one listening is quite sufficient to destroy everything that was once held dear to all...freedom, privacy and liberty.

Is it too late?

12160.info...
“It all started courtesy the Patriot Act,” Ingraham said. “A lot of civil libertarians at the time raised red flags, and they were laughed off. I didn’t focus that much, to tell you the truth, about the Patriot Act. I wish I had. I think that was a mistake.”

And O'Reilly?

O’Reilly was quick to separate his support of the Patriot Act, which covers the NSA’s data grab revealed yesterday, from the Obama’s administration’s use of it. “I supported the Patriot Act, but I never thought that a warrant could cover every single American,” he said.

So maybe these people can do a little research before reporting on something they don't know anything about? Isn't that their job? And should we welcome them with open arms now that they are finally seeing the light after doing so much harm to the psyche of the US citizen?

Or?...Like many have stated upon pondering the sudden turn of the MSM against the Obama Admin...is this something else that we have to approach carefully due to all the mistrust that has been built up for a decade? The MSM lies, propaganda, shill tactics, false reporting...

I'm getting very tired as of late.

Peace

edit on 8-6-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Oh now everyone wants to do a freakin 180. LOL. They were telling us day after day after day how the Patriot Act would never be used against American citizens. Now everyone wants to wash themselves. Ha ha ha ha

I guess the American public has freaking Alzheimer's. Do you not remember this stuff??

What about the selling of the Iraq war?? Do you not remember this crap???

Now all the Patriot Act and Iraq War cheerleaders want to bathe themselves.

Not just the MSM but members of the legislative branch. Everyone wants to talk about how they were duped.

Horse manure.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Unfortunately Jude, we'll hear it from the highest levels when it IS too late.
Maybe a good control mechanism to rachet up the control to another 2x4
headed for our collective head... from another direction. Tired right with ya

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Too little too late Jude.

These people have no cares in the World, when it comes to civil liberty's. Republican and Democrat alike.

Not only that, "We the People" let them do it!

Just sad..........

S&F

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Well, we've all been wanting to see some of these things come to the public eye and in the main stream for all to see and discuss for a very long time now. It appears, in some areas anyway, it may finally be happening. I'd say this is a good thing and I have a great deal of respect for Laura Ingraham. I was listening to her on Satellite radio while on the truck for a good number of years with her radio show. Very down to earth on most things, IMO.

She's respected across the public though and that's what matters most for seeing discussions starting on a much wider basis, right? Maybe all this does go somewhere.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
What O'Really probably means is that he never thought the Democrats would use the Patriot Act. He thought that extraordinary rendition, warrantless surveillance and extrajudicial assassinations were the exclusive property of the GOP.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
honestly? this is leading up to a single eventuality. i don't know who will win or lose, but we are past the point of no return for fixing the system WITH the system.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snsoc
What O'Really probably means is that he never thought the Democrats would use the Patriot Act. He thought that extraordinary rendition, warrantless surveillance and extrajudicial assassinations were the exclusive property of the GOP.

What I think he means is "Damn, maybe I'm actually going to be a target and I should start thinking about myself and who will REALLY stand behind me?"

And then a light bulb goes off..."I think I might have to stand with the greater numbers."

Welcome to the fold people...
Now just help us turn a few more.
And then all can be forgiven...

Peace

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Man, I'm in conspiracy overload I've been on ATS all day reading it's like the whole system is falling apart right before my eyes.

Now I'm wondering is this really a good thing? We speculated on what they'd do to keep things quiet, but what will they do if even their talking heads are against them. What will happen if TPTB feel backed in a corner?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
LYING TO WE THE PEOPLE IS TREASON AND SHOULD BE PUNISHABLE AS SUCH. THAT INCLUDES NEWSCASTERS, 'ENTERTAINMENT' SHOWS AND ABSOLUTELY EVERY REPRESENTATIVE AND POLITICIAN WHO KNOWINGLY RELATES AN UNTRUTH OR OBFUSCATES OR AVOIDS A TRUTH.

Yes, I'm shouting.

The Patriot Act was written BEFORE 9-11 and was all ready to go afterwards. The few awake people who screamed bloody murder not only about the WTC and what in hell happened there, really, as well as the people who pointed out that this appeared to be an unprecedented power grab by the executive and military branches were laughed at, ridiculed and called traitors. All so the consummate neo-cons (a better moniker has never been used) could start their war for profits with Islam as the fall guy and every 'raghead' became a target for the ever present and endless number of bigots just waiting for another target. What part of 'it's another religious war masquerading as a 'war on terror' do you people not get? It's SO much easier to take a 'Christian God-Fearing' Country full of brainwashed bible thumpers and convince them that that OTHER religion attacked them, even when the government's explanation of that attack is laughable by any standards. Because Halliburton needs more profits.

I'm getting really tired of this disgusting country and its idiot 'consumers' who apparently don't deserve any freedoms. They're cows being led to the slaughter and their awareness of such is less than you would see in a real slaughterhouse.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

I'm getting really tired of this disgusting country and its idiot 'consumers' who apparently don't deserve any freedoms. They're cows being led to the slaughter and their awareness of such is less than you would see in a real slaughterhouse.

Could not have said it better.

I'm Canadian and we have the same issues. Believe me.

Peace

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by terriblyvexed

What will happen if TPTB feel backed in a corner?

War is my guess. I don't mean to be casual about it either, but it's not the first time, nor will it be the last. War with some other nation or more than one. Syria is the candidate now I think with Iran always a plan B or next step. If Obama can get us into a real war where it's a stand up, daily fight we're fighting hard just to stay even in? Much of the domestic problems fade for focus and attention.

It's a scary but logical thing and made worse when one looks around the world to realize how many Governments are not only beating war drums of one tone or another, but in an equal 'nothing much to lose and things to gain' position of letting it happen.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

War is my guess. I don't mean to be casual about it either, but it's not the first time, nor will it be the last. War with some other nation or more than one. Syria is the candidate now I think with Iran always a plan B or next step. If Obama can get us into a real war where it's a stand up, daily fight we're fighting hard just to stay even in? Much of the domestic problems fade for focus and attention.

It's a scary but logical thing and made worse when one looks around the world to realize how many Governments are not only beating war drums of one tone or another, but in an equal 'nothing much to lose and things to gain' position of letting it happen.

War is the correct answer my friend. They will not go lightly.

And I also believe, neither will we.

See ya on the battle fields.

Peace

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

The good 'ol Boston shuffle they say, look right then they move to the left.

Not that I want war, but I'd take that over martial law. That whole Boston thing looked horrifying.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Thank you Jude11.

The weird thing is that if the global population simply decided to arrest, try and convict (or draw and quarter, I really don't care anymore) less than 1000 of those people directly responsible for our current situation, and maybe as few as 100 people, the situation would turn on a dime to something far more manageable.

Instead, millions are going to die. There's no way out of it at this point. They have WMDs and we're all of us sitting ducks.

Sorry guys, I'm on doom overload. Been watching 9-11 videos again and it sickens me how obvious the lies were. All along, everywhere you look, lies.

What kind of planet do we live on where liars run things, and the truth is ridiculed?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire
reply to post by jude11

Thank you Jude11.

The weird thing is that if the global population simply decided to arrest, try and convict (or draw and quarter, I really don't care anymore) less than 1000 of those people directly responsible for our current situation, and maybe as few as 100 people, the situation would turn on a dime to something far more manageable.

Instead, millions are going to die. There's no way out of it at this point. They have WMDs and we're all of us sitting ducks.

Sorry guys, I'm on doom overload. Been watching 9-11 videos again and it sickens me how obvious the lies were. All along, everywhere you look, lies.

What kind of planet do we live on where liars run things, and the truth is ridiculed?

I believe that millions are going to die before TPTB can be taken down.

But I am mostly saddened by the fact that millions have to die before the billions realize what just happened.

Peace

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I warned those ATSers and any lurkers willing to read, many months ago when the military began to be dismantled - the country is being taken in a political (which has happened in other countries, read up on it) - coup, from the inside.

You are seeing someone, or several someone's, revealing this to us. Do not focus on the trees, focus on the forest.

A political coup, from within, is taking place - and someones' conscience got to them. Someone is blowing whistles to wake up the sleepers in hopes that someone, or several someones - will finally DO something besides TALK.

Enough information, more than enough ammunition, has been given to reveal and activate a response. Problem is, no one is picking up on it, and before too much longer, all positions will be replaced, filled with a willing cohort, or unwitting cohort, to assist the continuance and finalization of the coup.

This is bigger than any protest groups, this is bigger than Anon, this is bigger than a few angry GOPers.

Like I said, read up on political coups. They are rare, but they do happen. At this point, it is undeniable.

edit on 8-6-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Ya Laura maybe you should have used a little common sense. As long as my guy is in power who cares what rights are flushed down the toilet. This is the pathetic attitude that's in America.

How many more stories do we need to see before it is a pattern? Are we already living in a police state? Does my political party actually represent me? Is the media telling the truth? Are the two parties actually one in the same? Who is the real enemy of liberty? Is my future looking bright?

These question everyone should be asking themselves both right and left.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

I think we should have an influx of Conscientious Objectors.

I don't think I feel like paying taxes,because I think this is taxation witbout representation, at this point.

Besides, they can't find their receipts at the IRS. So show me yours, I will show you mine.

A tax holiday woukd get some attention. By the people, for the people.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Hold on now. This Administration grossly abused the Act. It's author was interviewed the day before yesterday and said this NSA nonsense with the FISA court was never a part of the Patriot Act.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join