It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laura Ingraham: "Maybe We Should Have Focused More On Patriot Act, Not ‘Laughed at Liberty"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
These complaints were echoed loudly 11 years ago and they were stifled by the shills and traitors that run the mainstream corporate controlled media. The ones that told the truth about what was happening were ridiculed, and called lunatics.

Now, here we are in 2013, the sheep are finally starting to realize that they have all been had.

But...here's the thing.

When they start to talk about it, and complain about it in the MSM...

IT IS ALREADY TOO LATE.

The Constitution is a worthless document. The "system" that you all put your faith into is broken, and we are now in the midst of the police state.

When the civil unrest begins, and when the elites call their attack dogs, who the fools call "police officers", on the public, you'll all see what I'm talking about.

It is already too late. Make peace with your loved ones, and do not fear death.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

So the rats are getting hot in their nest and now they are trying to justify and find a way to distance themselves from the heat

This is so funny I want to cry

Didn't we all ATSer dissectedi the darn Antipatriot act from its birth to becoming a law? darn we spend threads and post after post of that crap and what was going to do the nation constitution and liberties, even warned about the repercussions of that treasonous act, after all didn't Bush call Constitution during this time that people were opposing to the anti patriot act a darn piece of toilet paper

I guess politicians had their head so far up their own arses to notice what an act of treason it was.

We really have dumb moronic leaders in this country than think we are as dumb and moronic as they are.

I feel highly offended with commnets like that.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I think the idea of whether or not it's Constitutional, is mooted by the idea that this nation has been declared in a state of emergency since September 14, 2001 and retroactively to September 11, 2001, by George Bush via EO. This has been renewed each and every year since by the sitting president including Obama. As such, the president has the authority to pretty much do as he pleases in the name of national security and protecting the nation. I'm not even sure why the need the PA or NDAA unless they were used to form additional agencies and allocate more money from the federal budget to specific programs and agencies.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Oh it's good seeing them squirm like that. Plenty of people were sounding the alarm when the Patriot Act was being rolled out, and plenty of these right wing nuts were in support of it, but now they're finally having to eat humble pie and listen to the chorus of "told you so!"

Don't give up, these asshats need to be reminded over and over again what they supported, they should expect to have the abuse, because they were dumb enough to just go with it and trust their government.

It's great to see them stuck in this place, having to concede their precious Bush was a bad president in order to throw mud at Obama too. Both presidents deserve it, and all those who supported any of these measures deserve the same mud slinging at them too!

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Oh now everyone wants to do a freakin 180. LOL. They were telling us day after day after day how the Patriot Act would never be used against American citizens. Now everyone wants to wash themselves. Ha ha ha ha
reply to post by GrantedBail

The news media is supposed to protect the public from government tyranny, yet they all turned a blind eye to it. Now that the government and corporate owners are in bed with each other, the news media is just another arm of our government. Now they come out expressing how they didn't realize it was going to affect our civil liberties. All this, after there were groups warning us that our government would be taking advantage of the Patriot Act to justify spying on its own citizens.

(I can't stand O'Reilly, he's always interrupting his guests when they're talking...I digress)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Heh. So it's reached the point where the mass media is now grasping for relevancy. Too little too late I think.

kix

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I am glad that a lot of us Ridiculed about the destroying of the US constitution, are about to be recognized as Spot on.

Sadly I think its too late. Its control/police/facist State and ther is no way around it!

WHO WILL YOU VOTE FOR NEXT TIME IF BOTH CHOICES ARE HE SAME ONE?

Maybe Ron Paul was an answer.... (WAS BEING THE MAIN WORD HERE).

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

To be honest, during the Bush Administration I was more angry at TARP and the bailouts. That was when I left the reservation and began my trek to a libertarian-type of thinking.
The Patriot Act didn't factor into my anger of the Bush Administration.

I've done much online and will admit that the Daily Kos hasn't banned me yet Hannity has given me a life-time ban.

We talk a lot of how laws can be abused all the time.

Now we're actually seeing it.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I didn’t focus that much, to tell you the truth, about the Patriot Act. I wish I had. I think that was a mistake

That's probably because she assumed that anything with the word "patriot" in it must be good.

What a coincidence that there is a post on here today about how conservatives are easily to manipulate if you just speak the right words.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kix
I am glad that a lot of us Ridiculed about the destroying of the US constitution, are about to be recognized as Spot on.

Sadly I think its too late. Its control/police/facist State and ther is no way around it!

WHO WILL YOU VOTE FOR NEXT TIME IF BOTH CHOICES ARE HE SAME ONE?

Maybe Ron Paul was an answer.... (WAS BEING THE MAIN WORD HERE).

The idea of voting is a joke.

The next president will pick up right where the treasonous Barack Obama has left off....as he did when he replaced the treasonous George Bush

The scary part is, if this country doesn't descend into madness by the end of his term, the next president will probably be the one to have tanks patrolling the streets of America.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

When the patriot act was been readacted and passed it was many opposition to it, but the American people were to busy and confuse with the 9/11 to even care what was in it, then the war on terror took over and the invasion of two nations in the middle east.

Yes it was one of the most confusing times in the history of this nation and even when it was warnings nobody was listening.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by jude11

To be honest, during the Bush Administration I was more angry at TARP and the bailouts. That was when I left the reservation and began my trek to a libertarian-type of thinking.
The Patriot Act didn't factor into my anger of the Bush Administration.

I've done much online and will admit that the Daily Kos hasn't banned me yet Hannity has given me a life-time ban.

We talk a lot of how laws can be abused all the time.

Now we're actually seeing it.

Don't feel bad. You are like most of the run of the mill republicans that didn't care as this country was being sold to the wolves. I applaud your honesty.

Now only if your liberal counterparts will stop sipping the kool aid, and see through Obama's treachery.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by CB328

When the patriot act was been readacted and passed it was many opposition to it, but the American people were to busy and confuse with the 9/11 to even care what was in it, then the war on terror took over and the invasion of two nations in the middle east.

Yes it was one of the most confusing times in the history of this nation and even when it was warnings nobody was listening.

People STILL aren't listening. An alarming number of people are SO hypnotized by partisanship that they can't wrap their heads around the idea of democrats and republicans being two sides of the same coin. There are a lot of people out there so enamoured with President Obama that they feel he can do no wrong simply because he's a democrat. Until people wake up to the fact that both parties march to the beat of the same drum the U.S will get more of the same.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Yes you are right, but have you noticed how the many voices are starting to become silent, Obama is becoming a liability.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by supremecommander

Did I recognize the danger right away?
No.
Am I a republican anymore?
No.
I'm not going to spend time defending myself. Call me any name you want. In 2001, I believed what was being told to me.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kix

control/police/facist State

Agreed 100%.

Now that we have established this as fact and more people are starting to see it even if they didn't want to way back when...

My question is what is it going to take before we start seeing a mass exodus out of the US? There are going to be millions more waking up every day in the "control/police/fascist State" and I just can't see all of them accepting it.

Every Dictatorship that has risen in the past, taken control of every day lives, instilling laws, taxes etc, has seen their population run for the hills when they woke up. They went underground, crossed borders, even tried to launch a coup...(I like this one).

Many of means have already started to run for greener pastures. Belize being a big landing spot. But many don't have the means to do it like this. My guess is Mexico or Canada.

I started talking about this about 2 yrs ago on ATS and was met with such defiance that I just took a wait-and-see approach. I waited and now many are seeing.

Something is going to kick off a run for the borders soon I believe. TPTB don't want people to get too organized and prepped. Makes it more difficult for them.

But for now, let's just wait-and-see...

Peace

edit on 8-6-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Hannity has given me a life-time ban.

You, too?

Actually, in her defense, Ingraham has never exactly been shy about calling out her "side". She's much closer to being a libertarian then perhaps she realizes...

I've listened to her show, off and on for several years; and while she has no use for most of the left, she's also shown that she has little use for overly strident members of the right.

Few of her guests get a free pass, though occasionally they come close.

...and she has great musical guest on at times, too.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by supremecommander

Call me any name you want. In 2001, I believed what was being told to me.

I will call you Beezzer or Bunny Boy...a person who can admit they were wrong.

And for that...Welcome!

Peace

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

There are already systems in place to prevent such a mass exodus. If the $&!# really hits the fan, people won't be able to come and go freely unless they are well connected. There is really only one way to deal with the issue and that is to face it head on and not run from it.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Well is always Canada and Mexico to do the exodus, I can only laugh at the site of a caravan of American people trying to cross the Mexican boders and the Mexican people scream "build a wall, build a wall"

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join