It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama orders US to draw up overseas target list for cyber-attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
What the?! Who the?! HEY! Just what the hell is happening here?!

I'm not sharing this one to oogle and ogle and point fingers while giggling at Obama's downfall, as we're watching it begin....and I do think that is what we're watching. I want you to focus HARD on the emphasized part.

Barack Obama has ordered his senior national security and intelligence officials to draw up a list of potential overseas targets for US cyber-attacks, a top secret presidential directive obtained by the Guardian reveals.

The 18-page Presidential Policy Directive 20, issued in October last year but never published, states that what it calls Offensive Cyber Effects Operations (OCEO) "can offer unique and unconventional capabilities to advance US national objectives around the world with little or no warning to the adversary or target and with potential effects ranging from subtle to severely damaging".

The directive also contemplates the possible use of cyber actions inside the US, though it specifies that no such domestic operations can be conducted without the prior order of the president, except in cases of emergency.
Source

Now, the order itself pisses me off and causes me to ask, who does this man think he is? Domestic only by order of the President? I'm sorry, that man doesn't carry the authority by the Constitution of this nation to make war on our OWN PEOPLE.

However, that, again, isn't the point of this. If accurate, this is the leak of an Honest to God Top Secret directive, currently in place or meant to be and absolutely still covered under the terms of the Secrecy regulations and controls of our nation. (Things like my last thread are tweaking the nose of TPTB to post ..it's not OVER the line of legality ...it's dancing a little Jig just one hair on the right side of it..while this stomps right across it)

Manning burned Secret to Secret/NOFORN Level. That was bad and he'll do at least 20 years for it, as he deserves to. This is FAR above that if it's truly Top Secret. That's not a SMALL or technical change of classification status. It's a *BIG* leap in treason for release of critical war planning DURING war time.

Someone needs to hang for this and Obama's lack of keeping his own house in order would seem to be the direct cause and effect to his downfall. When the world media is blowing true Top Secret level directives like fodder for just another story? We're in deep deep trouble. What is next?! There ARE things classified at that level and not too far above it which could have world changing effect in the WORST ways to be made public.

This isn't good, it's a damn calamity of bad. Obama would seem to have his own people turning on him, IF this is what it appears to be.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
However, that, again, isn't the point of this. If accurate, this is the leak of an Honest to God Top Secret directive...

Manning burned Secret to Secret/NOFORN Level. That was bad and he'll do at least 20 years for it, as he deserves to. This is FAR above that if it's truly Top Secret.

Oh the hypocracy abounds.
Could write a whole book on it.

So this cyber warfare list was made last year then? That would be about the same time that

...according to both The White House and Pentagon’s own definitions, a cyber-attack is to be considered “An act of war.”
link

Rules for some, rules for others.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

What the?! Who the?! HEY! Just what the hell is happening here?!

The directive also contemplates the possible use of cyber actions inside the US, though it specifies that no such domestic operations can be conducted without the prior order of the president, except in cases of emergency.
Source

First off Wrabbit you really type fast.
That said yeah, this almost seems a declaration of war against his own people. My guess is the Drudge Report is at ground zero followed by sites like ATS. With all these leaks and scandals pretty sure he's thinking this qualifies as an emergency.

As far as the leak goes we'll have to disagree, whoever did this is a hero in my book. Sometimes people just have to make a stand. Is it messy? You bet. Will the whistle-blower pay? Probably but I'm glad this person had the guts to take a stand.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
With all thats going on, it seems the REAL Barack Hussein Obama is finally shedding the thin veneer thats fooled so many. I guess with no more terms to win, hes feeling more comfortable with being himself and showing his true colors.

Worse than Bush, this guy.

Ironic... you get the worst president ever, directly followed by the worst president ever.

edit on 6/7/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Alfa.. WHEN the directive was written is 100% and absolutely irrelevant to when it was leaked. If it's current in terms of being in effect and it's Top Secret in classification? That is the story I'm writing here and the outright crisis, as I see it which Obama is now facing. He has a leaker that makes Manning look like a kid just playing little games.

If someone with proper TS access is now throwing documents out the back door.....well, as I said, agree with this one as someone else on this thread does. Fine ... Principle is totally lost on some people. The next leaks from this little Traitor might be something we don't find quite so happy and comfy to see thrown out there like yesterdays news, eh?

It's the gross violation of a core level of United States National Security I have a MAJOR problem with at this stage. That isn't a reason for them to attack the Guardian with the NSA dogs either. It's a real good reason to start checking very hard at who had access to this document and WHICH literal document...physical copy...the Guardian is holding at the moment. People familiar with classified material will know what I mean by that and those who don't? Let's just say not every document at that level is created equal. In fact, often times, 20 copies of the very same document will appear identical but are, very much, 20 DIFFERENT copies to the eye who knows where the changes are.

There is a dire security issue for Obama and his people to track down and it's in his own Executive Branch house, by the look of it.

@ Bassago

lol... You're not the first one to note my typing speed. Now come on over and help me mate accuracy to speed and I'm in business. I learned typing over years and years of chat room time at AOL and Yahoo, long before I came over here. It makes for typing at regular spoken speeds ....but accuracy isn't worth a thing for overall 100% levels that it needs to be.

edit on 7-6-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The U.S. government has gone rogue...

WACO was nothing - wait until some hard line militiamen go rogue themselves...the populace, late as usual, will then see the Finger that has been given to them for some time now.

The only Fix: the entire GI generation must be cloned immediately...and throw in a few of the founding fathers to lead the way, and science will have prevailed over ideology - as odd as that seems.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

reply to post by alfa1

Alfa.. WHEN the directive was written is 100% and absolutely irrelevant to when it was leaked. If it's current in terms of being in effect and it's Top Secret in classification? That is the story I'm writing here and the outright crisis, as I see it which Obama is now facing. He has a leaker that makes Manning look like a kid just playing little games.

If someone with proper TS access is now throwing documents out the back door.....well, as I said, agree with this one as someone else on this thread does. Fine ... Principle is totally lost on some people. The next leaks from this little Traitor might be something we don't find quite so happy and comfy to see thrown out there like yesterdays news, eh?

It's the gross violation of a core level of United States National Security I have a MAJOR problem with at this stage. That isn't a reason for them to attack the Guardian with the NSA dogs either. It's a real good reason to start checking very hard at who had access to this document and WHICH literal document...physical copy...the Guardian is holding at the moment. People familiar with classified material will know what I mean by that and those who don't? Let's just say not every document at that level is created equal. In fact, often times, 20 copies of the very same document will appear identical but are, very much, 20 DIFFERENT copies to the eye who knows where the changes are.

There is a dire security issue for Obama and his people to track down and it's in his own Executive Branch house, by the look of it.

I've a feeling the Brits will be discussing this with the Guardian which may prove quite interesting. So we have no idea who actually leaked this? Feels like it came from within the NSA itself. Maybe from someone close to BHO but it doesn't feel like it. They seem a pretty tight bunch.

My gut tells me this was a calculated shot by a patriot inside the NSA itself. Someone with a very sharp perspective of just what they wanted to achieve.

Jeez today has been a whirlwind.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

What The French! Toast!

What the hell. I mean, really, what the hell!

Basically, within the past few weeks Obama has said;

Yeah, we spy on you.
Benghazi? We promote people who lied for me!
And . . . . . .
MY stones are so big, I can start a war with whomever I damn well please!

And oh yeah, even though we're pumping 85 billion dollars into the economy each month, and we fiddled with the numbers. . . . unemployment is still going up.

edit on 7-6-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Well, holy #.

This week has been a huge catastrophe in regards to US National Security. Someone's going to pay for this, and it shouldn't be the journalists...

As a foreign individual, i am glad that this information (PRISM, OCEO etc) has been made available to the public. But saying this, something needs to be done to limit the leaking happening from the higher tiers of the US intelligence community. Because sooner or later, something is going to leak, and it may have the potential to severely damage the USA, as well as countries of which it is connected to. People who leak this stuff seem to underestimate the damage a confidential document may cause to not just their nation, but their nation's allies too.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Source

Yeah, kind of like targeting some massive corporations like Facebook, Microsoft and Google to gather data on millions of innocent people...

But don't worry, they're all held to account if they do anything like, say, breach the basic fundamentals of the Constitution... oh wait, they could just do what Obama is doing now and invoke Privilege, thereby rendering your Constitution completely ineffective and irrelevant!

You remember when I said in a previous thread that this is bigger than Watergate? If the "special privilege" rule existed back then, no one would have been any the wiser about what was going on. Now your president is using it to try to prevent anyone questioning the legality of PRISM...

Guardian - US government invokes special privilege to stop scrutiny of data mining

This one act alone is bigger than all the fears about gun-grabbing. If Americans want to scream and shout about their government abusing the Constitution in their supposed pursuit of gun control, look no further than this for evidence that the Constitution means nothing to your government, nothing at all.

What now? Obama is blocking any real investigation into this. Your elected are seemingly powerless in the face of this unaccountable leadership. The secret services of your nation have effectively staged a coup - again something I suggested in recent days before this happened.

Your government is seemingly now being controlled by the NSA, DHS, CIA et al, and Americans are finally waking up to it.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Yeah Yeah whatever.

So Obama orders cyber attack list, and China the worlds largest 'hacker' won't be on it that costs this nation trillions.

Crouching Potus, Paper Dragon.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Here is a link to the PDF

s3.documentcloud.org...

Yes this a sinking ship and he is doing everything to seal the holes and leaks while it is taking on gallons per second. I have a strong feeling there is something HUGE coming down the pipe soon.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Cyber attacks on the Dali Lama, and US based servers, seem to be emanating from hackers in Hainan province, according to UofT proffesor and head of the "citizen lab", Ronald Deibert.

There's also major hacking networks in Russia, Brazil and even Africa. But undoubtedly, the biggest sponsor of cyber warfare are the Chinese. They let the genie out of the bottle even before the west.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Just had a thought , remember a few times back when when ATS had them DNS attacks, what if that was this, is related? Say a dry run to see what kind of ATS defenses its Sevres have, and get a "feeling" for the next time around. like I said just a thought.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Makes sense?...

Draw up a list of over sea's targets for cyber attacks in the case its needed.

Ensure you list the domestic affiliations or nodes of these targets, so that their testicles in the US can also be disrupted.

(yes i meant to say testicles in place of tentacles)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthFazer

And that sinking ship should be the whole obozo administration arrested - including "recent" appointments - susan rice, brennan, samantha powers, the donilons, hagel, kerry, and of course hillary.

Who is in command then of the armed forces? Would boner as house speaker be?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthFazer

Please Please Please... do me a favor. Warn people before you link straight to something like that. I appreciate the link, don't get me wrong. I honestly do. This is NOT the machine I can be pulling something like that up on though, and for a variety of reasons. What is it's current classification status? That's still showing Top Secret/NOFORN across the top with no marks or indicators of status change on them.

It's not a thing where I'm trying to be in-grateful or bitch for the sake of being a pain in the butt. I just need to note that for some people, having a T.S. document that may still be seen that way by anyone, anywhere, come up on screen and into the system/browser cache creates .....complications.

It's not like I don't ..well...HEAR about people viewing such sensitive things.
...I just 'understand' those people take a few logical steps of precaution before hand. That's all. Thanks for the link though!

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Gosh. Not cool.

You know when the USA starts a war soon to distract everyone from all this (since that's the only option left)? Can the UK stay out of this one?

Or are we the overseas target now, since we have the Guardian over here reporting on all this?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Hey, did you hear about this thing where the US government has a full blown military drawing up potential plans for overseas assaults?! I also heard the President CAN direct them to operate on American soil in order to quell an insurrection or assist during national disasters. That memo seems to expand cyber based law enforcement/military tactics to being the exact same as it is for when boots touch the ground. Nothing more, nothing less. That said, I agree that the administration is absolutely sinking itself with these leaks.

reply to post by Rocker2013

United States v. Reynolds was the case that solidified the legal precedent known by the short hand of "State Secrets Privilege" in the form it is most often referenced today. This case took place in 1953-- about 20 years before Watergate. The reason Nixon's attempt to invoke this privilege was unanimously shot down by the Supreme Court in United States v. Nixon was because it was quite clear he wasn't protecting the America people, but merely his own interests. Prism is hardly so clear cut. Even if we were to accept that it is unequivocally stepping on the 4th Amendment's guaranteed right to privacy, all the information that we've seen has shown that it has been primarily used to protect American citizens. That article also oversells the obscurity of this privilege, considering it was invoked about 20 times during George W. Bush's presidency.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Manning burned Secret to Secret/NOFORN Level. That was bad and he'll do at least 20 years for it, as he deserves to. This is FAR above that if it's truly Top Secret. That's not a SMALL or technical change of classification status. It's a *BIG* leap in treason for release of critical war planning DURING war time.

Your right Wrabbit, we are at war. The thing is, it is not the war that john and jane public sitting on their couch watching Fox and CNN think it is. America is currently in a form of "soft" revolution. I could point you to the list of the top 100 reasons why this is happening but I know for a fact, you already know what they are.

What we are seeing in lightning fast and dramatic fashion is a war of information, this type of strategy when a country is at war with itself is absolutely needed before any direct force is applied or arms are taken up. The government of the United States has decided to wage a war on it's civilians since 9/11 when it began in earnest and now, those that oppose what our country has become and is rapidly evolving into are taking action.

I agree that we need national security but I do not trust this administration, the one before it or this government as a whole to be allowed to keep or hold this type of power, the power of knowledge. They have proven that they are irresponsible, reckless and lack the ability to take blame when things go wrong. I firmly do not believe they have the American peoples best interest in mind and I can not put my faith into entrusting them with our safety and security.

As has been evidenced clearly and without question in the last 2 decades, the government can and will continue to manufacture war for the sole purpose of maintaining it's interest in oil, the dollar standard and to conceal the fact that we are printing money when it is just simply not there. This is the approach taken by our government instead of doing real things to strengthen the economy, cutting spending and reducing our obscene national debt and is the biggest reason China owns most of our nation in the form of production employment and bonds.

China owns what it does in American interests because our government has sold it too them by the way, despite them telling all of us they are the boogy man. Much the same way we fund Al Qaeda in a dozen countries and even give the Muslim Brotherhood billions of dollars and state of the art weapons in Egypt when they are blatant and known terrorists yet American citizens are led to believe the same people our government funds overseas every day are the reason we are being robbed of our Constitutional rights and liberty.

Like they say, all is fair in love and war. Americans have fallen out of love with their government and all that is left is war. A war to restore the Constitution, the republic and our personal freedoms and liberty. To hell with the rules and to national security, at least for now.
edit on 12-6-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join