It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS knew about "Eschelon" Years Ago...Are we still Conspiracy Theorists if we were Right?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Congratulations to ATS for nailing this Conspiracy.

I guess we were not just paranoid after all. They even admitted Keystroke technology.

Here's a great thread...

Another great thread...

It's not a Conspiracy if we were right.

Use the search function to see just how many threads nailed this...

edit on 7-6-2013 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2013 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2013 by whyamIhere because: spelling

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Minimal posting at it's (Not so) finest.

^Rendered invalid with OP edit.
edit on 7/6/13 by IntoxicatingMadness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntoxicatingMadness
Minimal posting at it's (Not so) finest.

Did the accidental post before I finished...

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Wrong, it was/is a conspiracy ... but now not proven not to be just a theory.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
You mean eschelon? A system like that has been known all over the place for years. Worst kept secret in the ... secret world? Har har har

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyswatter
You mean eschelon? A system like that has been known all over the place for years. Worst kept secret in the ... secret world? Har har har

Yes that is what I meant...I corrected the spelling.

Thanks

It was not very secret around here...

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Hey Sgt Hulka (sorry.. couldn't resist...Stripes has been running a lot lately at night), I have a question?

Why put Echelon in quotes as Escelon in the topic? I didn't catch the meaning on that? Agreed on people catching this long ago though. It's always interesting to see events prove out theory as having been fundamentally accurate. Then seeing just how accurate and where they differ for facts, of course. Not too much got missed in the theories by what we're seeing.

I recall reading a book by a University team years back who had bought a surplus Gov't property in Virginia. On it, were the remains of a second tier NSA listening station, by the descriptions. Anyway, what struck me and never left for how it relates to Echelon was the remains of the satellite dish array on-site. It's not the HUGE dishes the NSA stations often have ...which may as well be a giant billboard to drive past them, but the specifics of what they did. Remember now, I read this years ago..to the tech was 90's if not earlier.

The dish mounts, they discovered, were designed and tweaked so they could literally follow Soviet/Other spy satellites, locked on, as they passed over the US, so they could catch any signs of burst/beam transmission. Now it's remarkable because the speed at which low orbiting satellites make the transit...to imagine with those GIANT dishes moving that fast, is awesome to picture. Echelon knew no bounds...and it's children are far more capable, it seems.

*Just caught the correction posted as I posted mine... Sorry, disregard the first question.

edit on 7-6-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

As somebody who has built Headends for CATV.

I cannot imagine any dish array that could move that fast.

Is it possible? Not with the stuff they sell the public.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I remember talking about Eschelon just as the Internet was coming out.
Back then we thought simply typing Eschelon could bring trouble,haha.

But yeah you're right, conspiracy debunkers will move to,
"Oh yeah..we've always known about that, what's the big deal?"
In 1996 however, you were a nut case.

And man... you got some grumpy picky replies pretty quick
with this thread. People having a bad day I guess.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Same thing goes for NSA and Verizon, secret intelligence court order forcing Verizon to hand over customer dialling movements. This was discussed some time ago here, and you can bet your boots NSA have people listening into audio. See the Washington Post story, which claims that at leasy one phone company has a NSA private room.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
I remember talking about Eschelon just as the Internet was coming out.
Back then we thought simply typing Eschelon could bring trouble,haha.

But yeah you're right, conspiracy debunkers will move to,
"Oh yeah..we've always known about that, what's the big deal?"
In 1996 however, you were a nut case.

And man... you got some grumpy picky replies pretty quick
with this thread. People having a bad day I guess.

You are so right...

Two weeks ago if you mentioned this technology you would of heard,

You are just paranoid. Nobody tracks innocent people's phones.

You can bet we will find out they are also listening.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Oh but but but...They promise, it's only phone dialing and connection records. You aren't suggesting that No Such Agency would lie, are you? Surely not... Not to us... After all, we are "We the People". We pay their salaries. If they say they don't listen into our chats and peep into our private lives, I for one, believe them 100%. Yes sir.

Now ...someone, tell me where I get this oddly growing nose looked at? It seems to have gained a full inch while typing. It's the craziest thing.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
YAY!
We all get a cookie.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Oh but but but...They promise, it's only phone dialing and connection records. You aren't suggesting that No Such Agency would lie, are you? Surely not... Not to us... After all, we are "We the People". We pay their salaries. If they say they don't listen into our chats and peep into our private lives, I for one, believe them 100%. Yes sir.

Now ...someone, tell me where I get this oddly growing nose looked at? It seems to have gained a full inch while typing. It's the craziest thing.

But, But,,,Diane Feinstien said "We have nothing to worry about".

I feel much better now...

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
YAY!
We all get a cookie.

I am afraid we all just sent a "Cookie" to NSA.

Seriously, it is nice to see "ATS" proven correct.

It makes me think I am spending my online time in the right place.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Exactly, it doesn't take a brain surgeon to realise that the NSA, once they get a number, or a mobile/cell number they can do all the listening themselves, without anybody knowing. Their HQ building in Maryland has maxed out on power because of the amount of installation going on, and even the power utility can't supply them any more extra power. They have the most powerful computers ever made, and they have a company making them bespoke chips designed specifically for intelligence gathering, They operate at all levels, and as somebody has said, could be looking in now
to them.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

It's not the first time.
Certainly it won't be the last.

You just have to get past all the bigfoot, alien and I saw a rat on mars posts.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I think you have the name wrong , it is Echelon www.fas.org... the would wide web snooper that collect's all forms of data from all sources to see who is with or against US er us, oh did i just let the cat out of the bag??.... No this is been going on sense 2000, it is now a full blown snooper just add a few key words to any form of communication and you too will be looked at:

NSA, TSA, and DHS is the bomb when it comes to National Security, they blow the lid off Terrorists acts. good after noon fellers.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I think the most interesting aspect of this was what Obummer said this morning about how if you don't trust the NSA, executive, legislative and judicial branches to check themselves then, "we will have problems."

Damn straight we have problems.

Also, the NSA director definitely needs to go down for perjury. He lied to Congress clear as day. Unlike Holdee he has NO wiggle room.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I think you need to look at all Them in office for if you look real close you will,see they all wear Teflon , nothing will stick. The key word's are "In the Name Of National Security" anything goes, so what he lied but it was for the grater good of the Nation, so they think, Is it not time We the People, get a treason list going?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join