It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Votes to Defund Obama’s Illegal Executive Order For The DREAM ACT

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sheepherder91
Ok I have been looking into this and I can't seem to find an aswer, I have a very close friend of mine who is an immigrant, who is for lack of a better word illegal, she applied for a DACA, which is part of the DREAM ACT, She had to get the courage to pretty much let the Government know she has been living in this country illegally since she was 9, and she just turned 31, she has a college degree and is a contributing member of society. Her DACA was accepted, meaning she couldn't be deported. The point of this is she had to register with documented proof that she is living illegally in the United States, and if this gets defunded and the next step would be repealed what will happen to her and the other folks who took the leap of faith so to speak.

Well hopefully it would mean that they get sent back to their home country. I am sick of people standing up for people that are here illegally. I am also sick of all of the advantages that most of the have by them way of decreased college tuition based on race regardless of if they are illegal or not. Most illegals have fake identification and not too many people seem to care. We have a naturalization process.... why cant these law breakers just go through it instead of trying to blend into the norm? It's like they are wiping their asses with the books of law behind closed doors and then going and getting government assistance... basically free healthcare (mostly under falsified identification stolen from legal citizens or citizens who are dead....yeah in know i said citizens that are dead but somehow a lot of them still get counted somehow when we vote... imagine that... i bet a lot of them voted for Obama) and all of the legal citizens are paying for it. It's BS, but hell.... I guess as long as they can "legally" vote even though the majority can't read a ballot even when they have been in our country for 5 years and its not in their language....then the powers that be will continue to give them more leeway that the average citizen. I'm not a psychic but if this keeps going on it will not be too long before its us americans sneaking into other countries illegally.... and bet they will deal with us as illegals in a much more straight forward and hands on manner than we patsy to our own law breakers.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Well Muse looks like they got tired of your crap. lol

They need to defund this. It is a crap law. You ever heard of La raza? It is what they teach Mexican immigrants.
It is no wonder the Mexicans hate us.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dianec
Didn't he receive proper on the job training?

Nope. The 'Constitutional scholar' doesn't know what the heck he's doing.
Either that .. or he knows he's wrong but he's trying to see what he can get away with.
This is what happens when an inexperienced 'community organizer' is made POTUS. :shk:

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
This is not a matter of on the job training, Obama is an arrogant imperialist. I suspect that he is not going to leave office voluntaringly. Not now and not when his 4 years are up either.

Dear Fearmonger,

Yes, our dark lord imprealist Obama is going to take control of America and implement all of his evil plans upon poor unsuspecting US citizens.

Appernetly the military will allow this to happen? The US citizens? Get realistic.....

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cabin

1) I doubt this was actually illegal. Obama knows the laws well. He has the degree from one of the strongest laws schools in the world after all. Even if, from some viewpoints it might seem illegal, there are either loopholes or some extra conditions that make it legal. He is already having too much scandals, so I doubt wants more of these. I believe it to be just a "made-up scandal" by some opponents. I do not know the laws of US well enough, although the illegality of it seems to be questionable.

Please provide the constitutional provision that allows for Executive orders and the conditions required. Then perhaps you will understand, truly, rather than just accepting things at face value and swallowing whole the power grab going on as though it is business as usual.

Just because you believe that Obama knows the laws does not mean he will not violate them, as has been shown on numerous occasions. I sort of doubt he will make any attempt to extend his stay in the White House... I do believe that he will make every attempt to exercise and expand on Executive powers over the next few years.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djayed

This is not a matter of on the job training, Obama is an arrogant imperialist. I suspect that he is not going to leave office voluntaringly. Not now and not when his 4 years are up either.

Dear Fearmonger,

Yes, our dark lord imprealist Obama is going to take control of America and implement all of his evil plans upon poor unsuspecting US citizens.

Appernetly the military will allow this to happen? The US citizens? Get realistic.....

Get real? Those who ignore history are bound to repeat it.
History has shown us repeatedly that we, the people, cannot depend on the military (who reports to the President) to do what is right. Citizens are too divided, too lazy, and too ignorant to really understand when they must take charge and by the time they do realize this (historically speaking) it is too late. This is exactly how leaders abuse power, each abuse setting a new precedence for the next.

That is why the recent actions against the Media, particularly AP and Fox reporters, is so particularly disturbing...the first step towards shutting up the media allowing the Executive Branch to abuse even more rights and freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution. A Constitution which is looking more and more like a piece of used toilet paper.

For the average Joe it is too easy to ignore things that do not directly affect them and then they can go on about their daily lives blissfully. If they come for your neighbor will you stand up to them? If they come for your relative, will you stand up to them? If not then who will stand up for you when they come for you?

Imperialist...apparently... Does the website not let you know when you are misspelling a word? Or do you just ignore it when it does?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by bbracken677

Originally posted by Djayed

Dear Fearmonger,

Get real? Those who ignore history are bound to repeat it.
History has shown us repeatedly that we, the people, cannot depend on the military (who reports to the President) to do what is right. Citizens are too divided, too lazy, and too ignorant to really understand when they must take charge and by the time they do realize this (historically speaking) it is too late. This is exactly how leaders abuse power, each abuse setting a new precedence for the next.

That is why the recent actions against the Media, particularly AP and Fox reporters, is so particularly disturbing...the first step towards shutting up the media allowing the Executive Branch to abuse even more rights and freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution. A Constitution which is looking more and more like a piece of used toilet paper.

For the average Joe it is too easy to ignore things that do not directly affect them and then they can go on about their daily lives blissfully. If they come for your neighbor will you stand up to them? If they come for your relative, will you stand up to them? If not then who will stand up for you when they come for you?

Imperialist...apparently... Does the website not let you know when you are misspelling a word? Or do you just ignore it when it does?

You're going to correct his spelling now?

Guess what buddy? People have been saying that Obama is going to ban all types of weapons and that he's going to declare Marshall law since he took office back in 2008.

NONE of that has happened and all of the "predictions" made by conservatives have not come about. If you believe every fear mongering rant on this website then I truly feel sorry for you. You must be living a nightmare inside your head!

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
reply to post by Indigo5

Now...Seeing as the President did not do anything illegal, and nothing that other Presidents haven't done thousands of times..issuing directives via executive orders on how to enforce existing laws...

It seem to me what the GOP did was send a symbolic EF You to the hispanic community.

Goog luck with that in the next election. How's that attitude been working out for them thus far?

BTW - My bad...It was not an Executive Order...

The President did not create a new law, sign an executive order or grant anyone citizenship or amnesty, he merely directed DHS to exercise discretion to grant deferred action to qualified immigrant youth—an action that is well within his power as President.

Putting aside ridiculous critiques from fringe groups (think “dictator, tyranny, treason”), others have mischaracterized Obama’s administration’s discretion directive as an “executive order” or “new law.”

immigrationimpact.com...

So you are saying that a directive telling Executive departments to ignore the existing laws and NOT enforce the legal laws of the land is perfectly legal, acceptable, and ethical.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by marg6043

that is crap, illegal means illegal plain and simple,

Except people are trying to change the law so they aren't illegal....
you know, so they aren't illegal....
edit on 7-6-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

Until the laws are changed, regardless of any attempts to change them, illegal IS illegal. Period.

Law 101.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

You're going to correct his spelling now?

Guess what buddy? People have been saying that Obama is going to ban all types of weapons and that he's going to declare Marshall law since he took office back in 2008.

NONE of that has happened and all of the "predictions" made by conservatives have not come about. If you believe every fear mongering rant on this website then I truly feel sorry for you. You must be living a nightmare inside your head!

A) I never said those things had happened, and in fact in another post on this very thread I clearly stated that I did not believe he would make an attempt to overstay his welcome.

B) My point was simply directed to the statement regarding how we could, apparently, depend on the military and the citizenship to prevent wrongs from occurring....one which history disavows. Perhaps you should actually read what I wrote?

C) When should I correct his spelling? (The NOW part seemingly being emphasized in your reply). I am confused by massive amounts of misspelling in posts, seeing as how when I post my misspelling or typos are highlighted in such as way that I can make a correction. Unless that is I cannot spell it in the first place and I am too lazy or don't care to make it right. An honest and truthful observation, I believe. If he is, indeed, too ignorant, lazy and just doesn't care then why should I take anything he posts seriously?

D) Perhaps, if you are going to reply to my post, you should actually agree or disagree with something I actually, specifically, posted.

E) Are you just trolling? I see several of your postings deleted.

edit on 8-6-2013 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

I really doubt Obama was a Constitutional law professor, heck you would think a Constitutional law professor would know how many states are in the Union. Obama has been caught more than once saying the Republic of the United States has 60, then like 65+ states...

Someone who supposedly has studied the Constitution of the United States should know how many states are in the Union, and should not be making/signing laws that are unconstitutional. Which would be every law/bill Obama has signed.

edit on 8-6-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Same old Republicans!!!!!!

They have learned nothing from the past election.

Unveiling a 98-page election post-mortem, Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus promised a kinder, gentler GOP that will not write off any voters. That begins, the party said, with Hispanic voters and immigration reform. Read more: www.washingtontimes.com... Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

www.washingtontimes.com...

I predict 2014 and 2016 will be the same as 2012. Republicans will continue to lose power because of their refusal to learn from their wrongs in not being more inclusive of Hispanics, gays, blacks, women, and youth.

Peace

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Same old Republicans!!!!!!

They have learned nothing from the past election.

Unveiling a 98-page election post-mortem, Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus promised a kinder, gentler GOP that will not write off any voters. That begins, the party said, with Hispanic voters and immigration reform. Read more: www.washingtontimes.com... Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

www.washingtontimes.com...

I predict 2014 and 2016 will be the same as 2012. Republicans will continue to lose power because of their refusal to learn from their wrongs in not being more inclusive of Hispanics, gays, blacks, women, and youth.

Peace

Time to sweep the Republican trash off the House floor!

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
So you think kids who get dragged here by their parents as children, then live here all their life, should be kicked out of the country?!?
What's wrong with you?

Maybe if you guys had stood up against EOs in the past they wouldn't exist at all. Why wait until a man you dislike uses them.....
and really, have you guys read any of his EOs? I've read them all....
The only bad ones are ones that were already enacted by previous presidents.

FAR from tyrannical, and anyone saying that is a dumbass.

Anybody calling anybody else a "dumbass" for seeing tyranny and calling it as they see it, is the only dumbass in the room.

You mistake people's dislike of what Obama is doing for dislike of the man himself. This argument, is OLD, tired, stale, and used by people who want to pull the race card because they got no other cards to play.

We have immigration laws. Obama is basically saying, ignore those laws and allow these people to stay. What part of that do you not understand?

We have had amnesty before, starting with that idiot Reagan, and it did NO GOOD whatsoever. Why have immigration laws at all, if we're going to pick and choose which illegals get to stay, and which ones get kicked out ? This is a give-away to the latino population, so they can become citizens and vote for the party that let them break the law and forgave them for it.

Anybody who thinks that it's because Obama "cares" doesn't understand politics.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I do not really have an issue with amnesty, per se, as long as we plug the holes that exist in our borders.

Amnesty without control of our borders is idiotic and asking for more problems as we just provide another incentive to cross over illegally.
When Reagan provided amnesty back in the 80s without control of the borders we just provided an incentive for millions more to come....guess what happened.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
About time congress relearned who constitutionally holds the purse strings and the power that entails in limiting other branches abuse of constitutional authority.

Now if they'd just get on a roll on several other matters my respect would go from a negative to a positive very quickly.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Lol so you think Obama will try to implement some type of law that will extend his term limit or maybe even try to eliminate it?

I hope he's not that arrogant.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
If you go to the Gov. website & read some of the proposals in Immigration reform you will realize Reform is not the primary goal. The restrictions on immigrants & provisions that need to be upheld once your a citizen are Scary. Plus it will be used to promote national I.d cards, which means now you and I... Born Americans, have to possess a work card that tracks many things that were once your private business. They will sell it to us like they sold the Patriot Act. They will tell you it stops illegal workers & employers from hiring them. We as American citizens have to suffer & bear this because the government Cant & won't do their job to stop it. We give up our freedoms to serve non Americans who broke the law by sneaking in here. I couldn't care if they were Green, Red, or any other color. If I have to consider somebodies color before basing my opinion on an issue, and fear that my opinion might be looked at as a racially motivated one, then I am a slave to public opinion & have also given away my freedom of speech & individuality. Many people are stripped of this already, it's called Political correctness. psychological warfare is a Huge Tool of the Evil Empire. They make you believe it's actually a good thing & use it manipulate our whole society into what they want. The fact that we are on this website means we are upset & bothered by current events & that a part of our mind is actually consumed by thoughts & actions they inflict on us everyday. Mental Slavery

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mizzijr

Lol so you think Obama will try to implement some type of law that will extend his term limit or maybe even try to eliminate it?

I hope he's not that arrogant.

You know what? What I think will not affect anythying, so que sera sera... But what I have been seeing with the perception of Obama is the most amazing thing I have ever seen in all my years. Almost like the populace of the US and the AP were hypnotized. Are they using subliminals or what? Or are we seeing utter perfection in beating down opponents with a hypothetical "steel bat"?

Ok I just did a fast search on Obama subliminals due to my suspicions. Will you check this out!
Maybe I have somthing here..

Edited to add... Looks like the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons has accused Obama of mass hypnosis also.

edit on 9-6-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by elouina

Hopefully it passes.
Is it 2016 yet????

Oh please let the days be shortened for the Elect....

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join