It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House votes to delay bulk ammunition purchase by DHS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Originally they came from KGB (Committee for State Security) then they were SS or Schutzstaffel (Protection Squadron or defence corps) and now they are Department of Homeland Security.

Also Federal Protection Service is literally owned by Russia.

I would say they came from hell.

But thats where marines go and then they regroup.

But to answer your question more affirmatively they are just a group of perverts and criminals picked off the street.
edit on 6-6-2013 by txinfidel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

GTFO of Seattle then!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

If I were to guess, the Department of Homeland Security was created because it has a job the other agencies don't have. It's job is to police dissent and suppress freedom of speech, critical thinking, etc.

The very nature of that job description means that they had to create a new agency. It is like the Gestapo.

The whole point is to suppress individuality. That isn't in the job description of the other agencies.
edit on 6-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Well some day they are going to be calling the shots.

Look out!

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by txinfidel

Already gone. No worries.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Good for you my friend. I know they only legally operate in two states, one is Tennessee is Washington the other?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I thought that they already had about 2 billion rounds. Sounds like they're try to fool everyone into thinking that they are'nt going through with it. Or,, they are saying that so that they can aquire only another 2 billion rounds. That's not a lot,,,really. Just a few more,,,Mr President,,,please????

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by curiousme333

Thats what Im saying.

Its a smokescreen I see right through it though.

What is getting hard to find is 9mm full metal jacket. I can get the hollow points but its not cost effective.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by Bassago

Who are these DHS employees? Does anyone know anyone who is employed by the DHS? Are these former military people?

Where did all of these DHS employees come from?

Unfortunately I have no idea. Cockroaches come out of the woodwork in every country I've been to.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Sankari

It absolutely has morphed far beyond and outside it's original charter...

Reminds me a lot of SWAT teams, that were only supposed to be used for the worst case, hostage with a big bomb type scenarios. Now they are called out to kill people suspected of having a little pot, or yelling at their kids to loud and whatnot.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Sankari

It absolutely has morphed far beyond and outside it's original charter...

Reminds me a lot of SWAT teams, that were only supposed to be used for the worst case, hostage with a big bomb type scenarios. Now they are called out to kill people suspected of having a little pot, or yelling at their kids to loud and whatnot.

That's the real-world result of lowering the crime rate (which has been dropping steadily now for about 10 years or more). With the crime dropping, and all these paramilitary forces (SWAT, etc...) around, with nothing to do (since the drop in crime rate that they were organized and trained for), they need something to do in order to justify their budget and existence....right?

Couldn't lay THEM off with all the rest of the unfortunate folks out of work because THEY were laid off from their jobs.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
We already have state police, local police, and county sheriffs. For federal issues we have the FBI, ATF, and US Marshals. What the heck do we need DHS police officers for to begin with, and what do they need to be armed for anyway? If I recall correctly the DHS was formed to be an organization that was to coordinate the other agencies to work together, they were not supposed to form their own police organization on top of the already existing ones.

DHS does not have its own police force. They are buying ammo for its umbrella organizations that make it up. So they are buying ammo for the coast guard, border patrol, ICE, customs, TSA, the Federal law enforcement training center, the Secret Service etc. That is what DHS is. When you see some one in a DHS jacket they belong to one of the many DHS organizations. So unless you would prefer the Coast Guard and Border Patrol to start using rocks then they need ammo. It is amazing that people are so confused that DHS would want to save money buying in bulk.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

Originally posted by coldkidc
reply to post by defcon5

I completely agree with that statement!
WHY do they need ammo at all?

Department of Homeland Security. The clue is in the name.

So if I gave myself the title DEFENDER OF PLANET EARTH, I would trump DHS? Then I would be able to claim the rights to all the ammo?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Are you trying to say the FBI did not have any ammo prior to DHS? Are you trying to say the COAST GUARD did not have any ammo prior to DHS? Are you trying to say the THE BORDER PATROL did not have any ammo prior to DHS? Are you trying to say the ICE did not have any ammo prior to DHS?

Of course you are not. Because every one of us knows that they had plenty of ammo. Government agencies have always had the ammo they need. Nobody has ever stopped the FBI, CIA, BORDER PATROL etc. from buying ammo. We can see through your transparent attempt to rationalize bad government trying to usurp the citizens right to ammo.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

It's interesting to note that German SS started as a small organization to simply provide security for the Nazi party meetings in 1920

Look how much their organization purpose changed after Himmler joined in 1925 - it only took another 5-10 years before they became a legitimate force in control of policing the nation.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Ok, nevermind.
edit on 6-6-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I thought the badge photo was interesting. The badge included DHS, FPS &
US Police. I didn't realize we had a US Police.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ektar
I thought the badge photo was interesting. The badge included DHS, FPS &
US Police. I didn't realize we had a US Police.

Cheers
Ektar

We've always had US marshals and you know, the fbi, border patrol, coast guard ect..

Im trying to figure out whether this has anything to do with that civilian force the pres was talking about. Maybe a new branch of armed folks for the homeland? Im not sure. dhs has its own set of people in addition to all the security we have now? damned If i know wtf is going on.

Either way, between the american people and the dhs I feel pretty damn safe.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

So why comment on some thing you know nothing about? I see you in these types of threads all the time.

And now you admit that you are just trolling?

WOW just WOW.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This whole situation is/has become way out of control and reason. I saw my first DHS 5 ton truck open bed with stake racks [ appears to have been for carrying personel ] pass through here in Logan Utah yesterday and damm-near choked on the Subway sandwich I was eating. It was totally semi-gloss or flat black with white DHS painted on the doors. Only saw it for a few seconds but sent a chill and alarm through me. We had better start doing something to get control of this if you guys know what I mean. Heinrich Himmler would be so proud of how far the US Government has done in 70 years to pick up where Nazi Germany lefy off.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join