It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British have invaded nine out of ten countries.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
The simple reason why the Brits are worried about the influx of new people is that there is just enough land to feed roughly twenty million people, there are now sixty three million people in the UK, in 1939 the UK imported thirty million tons of food a year, lord knows how many millions of tons of food a year the UK now has to import, and pay for, eventually the UK will be totally bankrupted by its food bill alone, let alone its energy imports and raw materials.
(plus all the imports from China).

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
8 out of top 10 cities to live in are in countries that Britain "Invaded"

www.telegraph.co.uk...

And 5 of the top 10 countries to be born in are countries that Britain "Invaded"

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Not a bad achievement eh?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I don't know why people bother bringing this up again and again unless they suffer from some type of intrisic inferiority complex.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alekto
they suffer from some type of intrisic inferiority complex.

Thats why Americans are so obsessed with guns.....

Who know when George III will come knocking again

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingIcarus
Given Hollywood usually portrays the British guy as the baddie (a stereotype that doesn't offend, btw) I'm going to say - yes, we had an Empire. And it was huge. And we'd do it again, ten times over!
You are assuming that the thread starter is an American
Its a nice try and old practice of setting up the brits and the yanks against each other on ATS

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

I dunno why us brits and American have to always be fighting. why cant we put our diffrences aside and pick on someone worthwhile, someone who deserves it someone who we have a commons history with......

THE GERMANS

edit on 7-6-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok
reply to post by hp1229

I dunno why us brits and American have to always be fighting. why cant we put our diffrences aside and pick on someone worthwhile, someone who deserves it someone who we have a commons history with......
THE GERMANS

edit on 7-6-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)
yeah if they act up again then I'm sure we'll pick on them
But IMO I still think this particular thread poster is not from US or UK.
edit on 7-6-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari
Australia doesn't count. It wasn't a country when the British colonised it.

Can you please explain your statement that Australia wasn't a country.

Are you saying this because Australia was declared terra nullius?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by deessell

Originally posted by Sankari
Australia doesn't count. It wasn't a country when the British colonised it.
Can you please explain your statement that Australia wasn't a country. Are you saying this because Australia was declared terra nullius?
Australia is a Continent

Australia

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by KingIcarus

Well then you'll be glad to know that the empire is still alive and thriving.

Only difference is the front has become business - public and private without direct affiliation to the English government. It's amazing that Australia and Canada are still subject to the Queen.

Not to mention that the currency exchange has been a dream come true for Imperialists.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

I wouldn't count on the UK going bankrupt anytime soon ha.

Also it's been good seeing some redcoats in this thread bringing a sense of humor. But don't think you'll be able to charm me into putting my guard down. I've got my eye on the high seas 24/7 waiting for the Queen to send you limeys to take our colonies away from us.

Just here to remind pikestaff that the Crown has businesses in all countries and likely have financed a large portion of their own imports. It'll take more than an export deficiency to break the UK.

edit on 9-6-2013 by On7a7higher7plane because: lack of double checking

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Here we go.

I love it how its always the 'British' who receive the blame for this.

By the way, Britain is not a country, it is a political union between four states. Some equate being British with being English which is not true, a lot of Scottish hate the English after having watched too much Braveheart but there are very few that really realise the full gravity of subjugation the English and by extension the Welsh, Scots and Irish have had at the hands of the royal families that have been here since 1066.

England was invaded by the Normans in 1066 and all the nobility were replaced with Norman usurpers. Practically all the wars in Europe and in the Holy lands after that point were either Papal or French wars with a number of family feuds in which the commoners fought and died for literally no reason.

Then the Tudors took control of the throne, although both houses in the War of the Roses were of Norman decent - so once again the English were fighting for their own usurpers.

Then throughout the rest of time it moved to the Scottish linage through James I (who incidentally the Scots always seem to forget) until the Civil War in which Cromwell, financed by the Jewry and supported by the Netherlands gained a foothold in England and was thereby able to plant the seeds of financial expansionism which essentially went on to guide Britain on that path of Imperialism until Europe tried to kill itself for ridiculous reasons once again during WWI.

Whilst there are loads of people who bash the British (or English) there are relatively few who will accept positive aspects came from these isles too such as right to a fair trial and enshrined legal rights which came originally from the Magna Carta and later on the Bill of Rights. It was the British who gave up Slavery before even America did.

There are also very few who will accept that England has not been in control of its own destiny since 1066.

It wasn't the English by the way who went on genocide campaigns to kill of native Americans right up until the turn of the 20th century.

I'm not saying Britain or the British are perfect, but you need to put things into perspective. Were it not the British who did what they did, then some other country would have, and it probably would have been worse.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Well I guess I better learn english for when they finnish conquering the world. Oh wait I'm good hey won't be so bad easier then trying to learn german. Although who calls an elevator a lift a cigarette a fag and a trunk a boot????? So come to think of it could be tough.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
you british love to deny FACTS when they aren't in your favour.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

What "Facts" would you be referring too?

2nd

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
We'll have to get a shift on, the Americans have nearly caught up.......Iceland should be an easy target.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Wow hate much? This thread is hillarious people trying to bAsh the english and treating a thousand of years of history as if it happened yestarday. Of course a wise man once said don't hate the player hate the game.
edit on 6/20/13 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuttle

He was talking about the british

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

US FRANCE UK AND ROME???

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join