It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women & Blaming Others First

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I wonder if you have a Scorp moon...? Anyways, meh, I'm the only chick where I work and I get this # from guys all the time! Been there ten years and it still happens.
This ain't about gender it's something else man... Could be you, could be everyone else, either way if you aren't happy just leave...

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Charles, I was going to whack you with a wooden spoon- but then I saw your reply to Windword so you are safe. We wont vote you off the island this week!

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The thing about having mostly guys in the world place is because you know they not gonna stab you for some emotional reason or some other BS.

Only time you will make a guy your enemy is when you do something directly to him that affects him.

One day my female co-worker is moody.... and her tone with me was rude for no reason... then the other day she is cool like nothing... you well never get that with guys.

Plus guys have to stop putting women on pedestal. Some women go crazy with that ego.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I have worked with plenty of women, and never had such problems.

Are you sure you aren't talking about conservatives?

They tend to be the worst backstabbing b's

Take the house of reps for example.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
people don't like being wrong...they especially don't like when you point that out to them.

I think it's a character trait...not a gender one. But than again, I have never been outnumbered in a workplace by 5:1, so can't be sure...

btw...are they hiring ?

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
no woman in the world will ever admit that she is wrong about anything ... they will always shift blame to everyone / everything around them ...

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
I have worked with plenty of women, and never had such problems.
Are you sure you aren't talking about conservatives?
They tend to be the worst backstabbing b's
Take the house of reps for example.

Not a single conservative goose in the gander.

I manage the non-living merchandise at the highest grossing plant nursery in town, we employ over 70 people. In the front area there are 14 women and 3 men.

Most of our customers are conservative though.

I am not enough of an idiot to make divisions along political lines as my experience has shown most people don't have a clue what they are talking about and like to blame the other "side" for everything and anything they can.

edit on 4-6-2013 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Dear littled16,

Oh no!
Not the WOODEN SPOON!

I've given this just a little thought overnight, and I think I may have hit on my real problem with some women. It's a combination of two of the things I mentioned earlier.

One problem is found in the phrases "The Women's Movement," "Feminism," and "The War on Women." These ideas lead some women to think of themselves, not as individuals, but as units in a group. A group which is always under attack by "Men," or "The Patriarchal Society." This means that if one woman makes a mistake and is punished, it's seen as an attack on "Women," and just another reason to be angry at men in general.

My other problem is more vague. One approach to describing it can be found in the elementary schools. Young girls tend to play with objects (like dolls) in a very thoughtful way. They'll make stories about them, make small adjustments in the object, find another girl and make stories about the toys, etc. They're also more willing to sit and read.

Little boys want to test their strength, show their abilities at running, jumping and climbing. They'll play games in which they are the "good guys," destroying the forces of "evil" with weaponry. They have to do things.

Both of these skills are necessary to a healthy society, indeed, you need a little of both to be a balanced individual. But one set of these activities gets you punished, and the other gets you praised. The large majority of elementary school teachers are women. I'm not surprised that the system is set up to reward young women's behavior.

And the boys? They're diagnosed with ADHD or some other mental difficulty. They get drugged, pacified, and as a result, become sullen and quietly defiant. What are their outlets? I understand that some schools have banned "Cops and Robbers," and Dodge Ball during recess. Not to mention the games in which no score is kept, so the feelings of the losers aren't hurt.

Another result is that boys, having become marked as losers in the educational system, are not entering college or getting degrees at the same rate as girls any more. (This, by the way, is a bad thing for women. The pool of eligible, college educated men, is shrinking.)

So, in general, this issue seems to be the labelling of the traditional, "normal" man as bad. Remember the Metrosexual movement? It's not around with that name anymore, but it's effects linger. More gay and "Sensitive" men are showing up on television, setting a new standard for what a man should be. Look closely at commercials for products which are not tools or trucks. Surprised at how many don't bother to include an adult male? And of those which do, how many show the man as an imbecillic sidekick to the competent woman? I'm still waiting to see one where the woman is portrayed as the imbecillic sidekick to the competent man.

But I can't end this on a negative note. Women, as a political grievance group, or a cluster of busy bodies trying to remake the society in their image, I have no use for. But some individual women! Ah, there you find humans at their best. As I mentioned, a good woman is beyond all price. She is a storehouse of love, beauty, inner peace, and spiritual closeness to God. Forget, for a moment the outer appearance and sexual attractiveness. I'm not talking about any of that stuff, nice as it is.

Only a good woman can get me to go Ahhhhh! and simply gaze on her with wonder. Jiminy Christmas! I'd better stop there or I'll lose my membership in the "just a guy" club.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

LoL I gave up loooooooonnnnggggg ago bothering to place any complaints against women standing around talking or having to get in a group discussion with each other to eventually someday make a decision on the most trivial of items.

Some people have asked why I don't just leave, well my father's business went under and so I have been paying off the last two years on his mortgages (no house) so that he will still have most of his material possessions while he gets his life back together. I have been paying off my own student loans (almost done!) and taking care of the bills in general.

Basically it is this thing called personal responsibility to provide for my family.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by wagtail
I wonder if you have a Scorp moon...? Anyways, meh, I'm the only chick where I work and I get this # from guys all the time! Been there ten years and it still happens.
This ain't about gender it's something else man... Could be you, could be everyone else, either way if you aren't happy just leave...

I am a Gemini, I share a b-day with JFK and Mae Brussels.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

It's called Misandry.

And it's VERY popular.

The link above should provide some eye opening conversation starters for you.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Anecdotes that I've come across during my life suggest that females do make the absolute worst coworkers en masse. Maybe it's mob syndrome. I'm not sure...

Anyway, men are by no means the sole victims. If you're a woman who is particularly pretty or kind (my mom), look out, because you're going to be the subject of coldness and gossip from the rest of the female workers.

edit on 4-6-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This is another example of not being held accountable for one's actions. These women are obviously not very mature and not a good example for other women to follow. I wouldn't group all women in the same category, though, look at each situation individually please - it will help.

Also, there is the possibility that they are being playful or even flirting with you! That would definitely explain the situation with the music. She wanted you to play along, good Sir. Or was interested to see what would happen - those would be the intentions, I believe.

If it gets out of hand, and they start blaming you for their own mistakes, or there are consequences, you will need to build a case for yourself. You don't have to do their work for them, you have the right to confront them, you should speak up. You can do their work for them if you want to, but speaking your mind (in a tactful manner helps in this case) could help find a solution.

If your boss is going to fire you when you are the productive one, then your boss is an idiot and is going to have to deal with the consequences of losing his only productive worker and trying to deal with excuse makers.

I've been in situations with majority women rule as well.
edit on 4-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

Yes... men are not the sole victims of workplace scorn...

Women suffer from women too... especially the nice ones that always backed out...even to a point of not applying for a promotion because of consequences.

Women on women arguments are more mental than how it is with men... since Men's mental defense is so high(sometimes too ignorant t give sh*t).. that some female doesn't have the effect.. so only choice they have is to hurt them by blaming crap or spreading rumors to get others involved.

i seen it all.

I feel sad for those ones.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by wagtail

Just thought I should point out that most of the self identifying women here are in one way or another insinuating that I am the cause of these women's behavior.

This really just proves my point and offers support of my rant in that women tend to blame others first.

My issue is one of general disrespect for no reason. There is no reason to act in such a disrespectful manner towards another human being.

So ladies how is it my fault that even complete strangers (who happen to be women) still engage in such brutish, degenerate behavior?

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
This is another example of not being held accountable for your actions. These women are obviously not very mature and not a good example for other women to follow. I wouldn't group all women in the same category, though, look at each situation individually please - it will help.

Also, there is the possibility that they are being playful or even flirting with you! That would definitely explain the situation with the music. She wanted you to play along, good Sir. Or was interested to see what would happen - those would be the intentions, I believe.

Oh dear God I hope it wasn't her trying to be playful she had to be at the very least my senior by 20-30 years.

Also I did not catch the slightest hint of a smile as she attempted shove me out of he way.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Okay, totally don't try this unless you want to, but here is a creative solution to the problem: maybe the workplace has devolved into a situation where the women are competing to see who can use you the most? If so, can you identify the woman who is using you the least? Ask her out.

That should rattle some feathers hahaha.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
Okay, totally don't try this unless you want to, but here is a creative solution to the problem: maybe the workplace has devolved into a situation where the women are competing to see who can use you the most? If so, can you identify the woman who is using you the least? Ask her out.

That should rattle some feathers hahaha.

LoL just the thought of that has left me laughing myself to tears!

All of the women up front here are over the age of 35 and we recently lost the only two who were under that age,

I have done something similar though. Several times a month we have models come in for photo shoots as the grounds are absolutely gorgeous with hundreds of varieties of flowers, tropical plants in our greenhouses, along with beautiful stonework.

One of my coworkers is a former professional photographer and he and I usually end up assisting in the photo shoots as the ladies find it hard to resist a man in a cowboy hat (me
) in such a setting. It doesn't hurt that said coworker is not only an amazing photographer (published in some major outlets) but is such a smooth talker he could seduce damn near anything walking through the entrance.

Needless to say the bitchiness increases ten fold in the days following these events and we take full advantage of it.

One of the daughters of another wonderful female coworker, who I absolutely love because she is straight with me 99% of the time, is a professional model featured in bridal magazines and occasionally walks down the catwalk in very famous locations. She often brings in her friends for some fun us.

You sir do know one of the best methods of revenge and I salute you for it!

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

My issue is one of general disrespect for no reason. There is no reason to act in such a disrespectful manner towards another human being.

So ladies how is it my fault that even complete strangers (who happen to be women) still engage in such brutish, degenerate behavior?

"You mean you don't even know why they're being like that? Tsk-tsk. Young man, how foolish can you be? You don't even understand the basic things of life yet? And you're out of the house and on your own? Why, if I was your mother, I would have raised you differently. You're not sensitive to others are you? You don't have a nice bone in your body. I'll bet you're a bad and selfish, naughty little boy. I would have spanked you if you had said such a foolish thing to me, young man.

"Talking about your mother, when was the last time you saw her and brought her a present? She gave you life. She suffered unspeakable pains to bring you into the world and how do you reward her? Some wilted flowers and cheap candy? Faugh! If you were any sort of a decent son you would have sent her on a vacation cruise at least. You should have bought her a cozy little bungalow out in the country away from all you mean, spoiled, ungrateful little boys. To think that a son of hers would bring her such sorrow and pain as she withers and wastes away . . . "But! But! She weighs 14 stone, works in a steel mill, and downs five pints for starters....." None of your lip young man. You're rude and constantly interrupting. You have no manners or social graces. You should be ashamed of yourself.

"That's the trouble with you, you, you, Babies. You have no respect for other people. It's always me, me, me, isn't it? You don't care about your mothers, you don't care about anybody but yourselves. I bet you even spend money on football matches when you could have been spending it on your poor, dear mother. You go out with your friends regularly, don't you? Well, why don't you take your mother out just as often. I know she rather fancies a tea shop not far from her place. It's all fitted up with the most delicate lace window coverings and the most darling little tea cups. The whole place is just so fetching. Why don't you invite your friends to go out with you there. I'm sure they'd all enjoy it after a day at work. They could even talk with old Miss Wilkerson. She'd teach them some proper manners. They might even talk her into giving them some lessons with a crochet hook. That would do you a world of good.

"Now, I hope you see where you've gone wrong in this whole mess. It's all been your fault, as you can see now. If you ever have any more of these silly little, childish questions, be sure you come right back to me. I'll soon have you shaped into a proper young man."

I hope you had as much fun reading that as I had writing it. But it does explain all your problems, doesn't it?

With respect,
Charles1952
edit on 4-6-2013 by charles1952 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I've worked in a lot of jobs where most of the staff we're women, often being the only man there at a time other than the boss. I was always the one getting yelled at the most, I felt like the scapegoat.

Women tend to manipulate more and talk in the back of everyone if it serves them immediately.
Men do it too, don't get me wrong, but women do it more.

Which is why I agree with the title of this thread.

The contrary would also prove to be a sort of psychological experiment, one women working with a bunch of man.
Men among men act differently the instant a women enters the room.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join