It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women & Blaming Others First

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
To begin, welcome to my personal rant.

For the last three years I have worked in an environment where women outnumber men at least 5 to 1. Over these years I have found myself to be the go to scapegoat for anything and everything in the workplace whether I was present or not. The things I am blamed for have ranged from extremely trivial to outright illegal and possibly grounds for defamation of character. The one common factor is that I was the only male present at the time when the issue was being addressed.

Examples include; not answering an incoming phone call to the workplace on days which I was not even present at the workplace, improper inventory keeping of merchandise which arrived before I began working at current location, not signing off on paperwork in other departments, "planting" drugs on persons (female), and "stealing" merchandise by ringing up sales under the associate numbers of others (female) for the incorrect price.

Today presented a prime example of this behavior. I was in a computer lab when suddenly music begins playing from a computer in my general area. The woman, whose computer was obviously playing the music turns to me and tells me, does not ask but commands me, to turn my music off. I respond informing her that it can not possibly be from my computer because my volume is muted and the drafting software which I have running does not include any features which allow for music to begin playing.

This was not acceptable to her and so she proceeds to make her way over to my terminal and verify for herself that my computer was muted and no audio files were being accessed. Having proven my innocence I stand up and walk over and mute her computer at which point the music ceases to play.

This brings about the all too familiar female's response of not admitting or apologizing for accusing me, but rather making some snide comment calling me a jerk.

Ladies, what gives?

edit on 3-6-2013 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
If your theory is in fact true then Obama and Holder really have us fooled because they must be women in disguise! You do have Pelosi and Hillary to back up your argument though - tough call.

Don't think this particular personality trait is gender specific - but hey - it's a rant so have fun!

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
If your theory is in fact true then Obama and Holder really have us fooled because they must be women in disguise! You do have Pelosi and Hillary to back up your argument though - tough call.

Don't think this particular personality trait is gender specific - but hey - it's a rant so have fun!

Those are all politicians . . . .

Everyone knows politicians are full of it, but nice try at redirecting the issue

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

FriedBabelBroccoli hacked into my ATS account and posted this! He also left the iron on while I went to the store!

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I'm not female, so of course I'm wrong, and I'm not expressing my personal opinion, I appreciate the tolerance with which the women of ATS allow me to post this, it is a sign of their kindness and mercy along with their vast superiority which provides me with this forum to express even my most pitiful thoughts. Oh how I wish we were all women! What a wonderful and glorious race, er, sex, er, gender.

1.) The outsider gets blamed. You, as a male, are the outsider.

2.) Women have bought into the idea that they are trampled upon by men. They want revenge. You're handy.

3.) Women tend to be more Liberal. Liberals believe that the only thing wrong with the world is that people won't let themselves be controlled by the wisdom and moral superiority of Liberals (women).

4.) Women are unnerved by the idea that they might be ignorant or incompetent. Showing them that, in this case they are, makes you a marked man.

5.) An expansion of 2.) Politics have divided people into groups. Minorities, the Young, Immigrants, Women, are all pushed to see themselves, not as individuals, but as part of a group. You're running into this when they are willing to blame you and not a member of the group they belong to.

6.) Women believe that if they think they've done it right, or if they wanted to do it right, then they have done it right. Conflicting evidence must be a lie made up by the enemy.

It's a shame that I have to say this, but in this society I must. There was intended to be humor in this thread and not offensiveness, at least, not the kind you can sue over, complain to the Mods about, or cry over (even if you've got hormones).

If anyone cares, I may try to explain this post.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Ah! I see FriedBabelBroccoli hacked into your ATS account too! I know that the real Charles1952 would never generalize and stereotype all women in such a broad stroke of the brush!

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

its all part of the same discrimination we have implanted in our brains. If your in a room full a women your gonna treated differently. If your in a room full of men treated the same. If your in a room full of whites and your the only black guy your gonna get treated differently. Its the same mentality we have had for 100's of years when we see some different then our "group".

Racism, discrimination, hate it all still exist within our society because we dont teach it on a daily basis. we think it doesnt exist and we pretend it doesnt exist, but when we do it we try to hide it
'
edit on 3-6-2013 by Tlexlapoca because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Wasn't trying to redirect the issue just trying to use some humor to point out a flaw in your theory. Obviously women have no sense of humor either - in your book.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Dear windword,

All right, I confess, I'm guilty. But have you ever seen a thread cry out so loudly for broad brushes, sarcasm, and divisiveness?

I can't even plead drunkenness (I've never been drunk), just a generally mischievous spirit, fed to the teeth with society and controlled thinking. Every now and then, I slip my leash, just to see if i can still do it:

I'm the kind if guy who would sit in the greasy spoon and think "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the big rack of Barbecued spare ribs with the side order of gravy fries?" I *want* high cholesterol. I want to eat bacon, butter and buckets of cheese alright? I want to smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinatti in a non-smoking section. I wanna run around naked with green jell-o all over my body reading a Playboy magazine. Why? Because maybe I feel the need to okay pal? I've *seen* the future, you know what it is. It's made by a 47 year-old virgin in gray pajamas soaking in a bubble bath, drinking a broccoli milkshake and thinking "I'm an Oscar-Meyer Wiener". You wanna live on top, you gotta live Cacteau's way. What he wants, when he wants, how he wants. Your other option: come down here, maybe starve to death.
Edgar Friendly in The Demolition Man

As far as women? They seem to be spread out over a little wider spectrum then men. They can be worse than the worst man, or better than the best man. The things they do are priceless and to be treasured, a good woman is a gem worth trading everything for. Unfortunately, men can't hit bad women, so we take the condescension and babying that comes from the bad ones.

You? You're wonderful.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Well I'm female and I actually think I get along better with men most of the time because women see to have this generational leftover of feeling as if they need to be equal. Those times are over ladies. Now we need to treat our fellow females and male coworkers the same way we would want to be treated. No need to need to exert power at every opportunity on the men in your path. In fact, its sexist and wrong. I'd be saying something if I were you. That's BS and I'm sure you have to be on edge in that environment. Not all women are like that but sounds like your in an office full of women acting on unconscious impulses. Get yourself into a better position around healthy people and if you can't make them aware of how you are feeling.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I worked in situations (nursing related) where I was surrounded by women, and felt extremely coddled. The women were more judgemental of each other, I almost had a "mascot" status. So if it is sexism against you, maybe it can swing both ways.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
When I worked at a TAFE here, a lot of offices were chock full of the ladies. It was like walking into a dangerous strange world where you barely escaped with your shoes on. It was exhilarating
and a little bit naughty.

I'm not sure OP. If you replace the gender of the people you work with, would they still be the same? I tend to think they may have been.

Some guys are just naturally .. well, emasculated as soon as they wake up.

Sort of like a fish, flailing in the water, blood seeping from the wound on his dorsal fin as the sharks approach just before the frenzy..

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

In all fairness I should indeed have lowered my expectations of my coworkers at my initial job.

The first location was a major high end retailer at which I was in an assistant manager position. The girls' club included my direct overseeing manager whom made the career mistake of involving herself with illicit drugs making their way through the building.

Memories of my final day there still bring a chuckle years later.

Having been fingered for theft (by said girls' club) and thought, by management and coworkers, to have been unaware of investigation into my ALLEGED activities I engaged in what I fondly recall as "operation fcuk up."

I was dressed entirely in black. Black tie, black shirt, black slacks, socks and shoes were a necessity for the occasion. I had, over the months made friends in "informed" locals whom passed along damning evidence involving 4 out of 10 of the clique in my department as well as their "friends" (a.k.a. PIC's) in other departments.

I secretly passed along information to the right people and waited until the final hour of the day when people were usually fired. I played along acting oblivious to the watchful gaze of those eagerly awaiting my expulsion form the company.

Oh the look on their faces when cometh the fated hour the security guards approached me only to give a nod of the head and instead proceed to walk those 4 to their cars.

The best reaction would be of one "Tina" lets call her who immediately placed her hand over her mouth turning pale as ghost and subsequently fleeing the sales floor not to be seen again for the rest of the day.

Bwahahahahahaha!

Needless to say I then walked to the store manager's office to turn in my letter of resignation fully detailing my experience which then led to my former manager being fired days later.

Bwahahahahahahaaha!

To top it off the store manager complimented my actions and attire as "worthy of a Shakespearean plot of deception." He then wrote me a letter of recommendation and landed me a manager's position at my current place of employment.
edit on 4-6-2013 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

EDIT
Let me add that it would be foolish to treat with scorn the maintenance crews, outsourced security, and scorned saleswomen as they can be the best of friends when one honestly treats them with dignity and respect in the world of deception high end retail operates within.

For the record I despised classical literature until I entered the ridiculous world of high end retail and management and have since been forced to admit my ignorance in having had such low opinions prior.
edit on 4-6-2013 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: Sometimes I wonder if I should have entered politics, LoL I kid I kid!

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Misogyny's twin, misandry. It's in your office. Hens and roosters. From the sound of things you're not the alpha male in the office either, sorry, welcome to human nature. It sounds like you're getting bullied and aren't taking steps in your day to address the problem.

One technique is to focus on work so hard that you can't feel it when the immature coworkers are around poking at you for attention. Can't be disturbed now, too busy doing something useful with my time. Troublemaker makes a trouble, oh look, I just did another awesome thing for the company, what are you doing troublemaker? Don't give room for the devils.

The best revenge is a promotion over the people annoying you. And not a single f--- was given that day.
edit on 4-6-2013 by Sandalphon because: they're both evil. don't m/f it just be a worker bee

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sandalphon
Misogyny's evil twin, misandry. It's in your office. Hens and roosters. From the sound of things you're not the alpha male in the office either, sorry, welcome to human nature. It sounds like you're getting bullied and aren't taking steps in your day to address the problem.

One technique is to focus on work so hard that you can't feel it when the immature coworkers are around poking at you for attention. Can't be disturbed now, too busy doing something useful with my time. Troublemaker makes a trouble, oh look, I just did another awesome thing for the company, what are you doing troublemaker? Don't give room for the devils.

The best revenge is a promotion over the people annoying you. And not a single f--- was given that day.

Actually the event today took place with a complete stranger at my local university library/ computer lab while I was preparing a presentation for my thermodynamics class. Working full time and going to school usually leaves me too tired to even pretend to be interested in the "Alpha Male" game. I often allow these folks to run their mouths and make their own mistakes if not prepare the situation to leave them inclined to do so.

I am the manager at my current place of employment. The issues there arise from a female coworker who went to high school with the owner so there is not much I can do about her.

Well not much except schedule her to work the registers which are located outdoors when the temperature is breaking 90 degress F daily.
edit on 4-6-2013 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

In all fairness I should indeed have lowered my expectations of my coworkers at my initial job.

The first location was a major high end retailer at which I was in an assistant manager position. The girls' club included my direct overseeing manager whom made the career mistake of involving herself with illicit drugs making their way through the building.

Sounds like you have run into this problem before....

Maybe you attract this kind of behavior from said 'women's club' .
The question would be.....Why????

edit on 4-6-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

*THAT* was awesome tho

Hahaha love it!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412

Now that, Snarky412, is a wonderful question.

Pray tell what sort of behavior do you think would illicit such behavior from women? If you need some background info I am in my mid-twenties and a (poor quality) image of myself can be found in the member's photo thread. I currently have a BS in business focused in consumer "science" and a minor in economics and management and am a semester away from an AD in engineering.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by FriedBabelBroccoli

Originally posted by snarky412

Now that, Snarky412, is a wonderful question.

Pray tell what sort of behavior do you think would illicit such behavior from women? If you need some background info I am in my mid-twenties and a (poor quality) image of myself can be found in the member's photo thread. I currently have a BS in business focused in consumer "science" and a minor in economics and management and am a semester away from an AD in engineering.

Oh, I'm not knocking your smarts....... I know many people, men/women that are book smart - college educated --, but not very sociable with others.
In other words, not very 'people oriented'.

This one man we know, is very successful and rich.
Yet, his communication skills with people are little to be desired.
He has a tendency to rub people the wrong way, not on purpose mind you.
So there are some that don't care for him on a personal level, men/women alike.
But being as he is the owner of the company, they put up with him and try to overlook his quirky ways, no matter how annoying.
He's more comfortable dealing with machinery than with people.......

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Ah I may have a clue what you are hinting at. Unfortunately I found from day one that the women of my former employer were engaging in deceit at my expense. I would be asked if I could go lift something heavy conveniently when a customer would enter our area. As an assistant manager I still had a quota equivalent to everyone else on the sales floor.

My irritation comes from the fact that they seemed to think I had no clue. I would allow it on occasion knowing I had well surpassed my own quota and viewed as throwing a dog a bone. However acts like these only escalated as they didn't seem to understand that I was aware of it. It eventually resulted in the lady shouting at me and calling me names in front of customers because I refused to go see if someone who works upstairs was present at work that day . . . . honestly how lame and unoriginal can you get.

Now issues like this seem to only come from the women coworkers. The men who worked there were just as sleazy but never pretended that they were not doing what they were.

I happen to have had wonderful "bedside" manners and was informed of customer compliments by our store manager upon the monthly reviews, so I doubt that was really an issue. Now this does not indicate sleazy as I had the lowest amount of returns in the department, which was notorious for them, in six years which would indicate an honest sale which left the customer pleased.

In regards to wanting to work with machines, well I am pursuing the engineering degree based entirely upon the ratio of male to female coworkers after my years of experience on the other side. My passion for technology was a hobby before I became fed up with my current situation.

I say I am the manager however I still end up having to clean our entire sales floor, carry all inventory into the warehouse and back out to the floor, construct half the displays, and be selling on the floor all while I still having to complete the administrative responsibilities typical of management.

I was hired because my current department was worthless before I got there and the one person who showed any responsibility refuses to take over as manager because the other ladies are crazy. I promoted her from working in the plant stocking area which involved a lot of manual labor in the sun for 8 1/2 hours a day. Honestly I am probably the only thing keeping these ladies from clawing each others' eyes out. The ladies work in our gift shop.

I don't have any of these issues with the guys I have in the hard goods selling heavy pots and statues in the sun all day.

I don't have any of these issues with the young guys (17-19) working as carryout assistance for our customers.

The only issues that last more than ten minutes arise from the ladies in our various departments. Hell my favorite woman there was just demoted for supposedly yelling at my new gift shop hire, I was there and the woman just talks loud. This woman has been there for ten years and produced millions (literally) of dollars for the owners while my new hire has not been able to make it through an entire day due to "migraines", "colds", and whatever have you.

It is just never ending drama with these ladies (kind of like my posts hahahaha
)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join