It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible to block posts from a member?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
This is probably somewhere and I am using the wrong keywords to search for it, but is there a way to block posts from a certain user? Let's say I am on a thread a poster is very off topic - is there a way for me to block him just from the threads I'm reading without giving offense?

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DiscreteParticle

In the past you could ignore other members. But it was removed and the best you could do is report a post that is annoying to you.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Why?
What did I do now?

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
They have this function on another forum and I find it quite useful .
You can block a user whos comments you find ,not worth your time. They can also not post on you blog posts .
If they do post,it come up as hidden ,and you can click on it,if you choose to read it .

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
we use to have the ignore button, but some one in charge thinks it better this way.
man i wish we still had it.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

I sometimes miss the ignore feature too. I also wondered how many members might
have had me on their ignore list.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I think if you make a post and someone makes a post that is inappropriate the original poster should be able to delete said posters comments, after all its the poster who has some some of control on his post without getting slammed from others in their own opinion.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The "Ignore" button has been gone for about four years now. At first, I was unhappy with the change, now I see the point, and it's fine. You can still manually ignore someone (in my case, when you see the fluffy dog, prepare to ignore
) but sometimes a person that you really, really disagree with will post something that is in line with your thinking and you'd lose something by not seeing it.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
yes we do have a function
It's called blinking

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Ignore buttons seem kinda counterproductive in a forum environment IMO. Everyone has bad days, some more than others lol. People do get pretty petty about ignoring someone that disagrees with their opinions on one pet topic, and otherwise miss out on seeing things from any other perspective than there own.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1
I think if you make a post and someone makes a post that is inappropriate the original poster should be able to delete said posters comments, after all its the poster who has some some of control on his post without getting slammed from others in their own opinion.

So you want to censor remarks you do not agree with, or censor statement that show you are incorrect....

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

The other forum with the ignore button ,is not as civilized as ATS .Not from what I can see so far.
So it is useful ,over there.
Here,it seems to behoove us to read it all,even if we do not agree.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

LOL I will always pay attention to the fluffy dog!

No, some guy was trying to draw me into a fight and I didn't want to and it would be easier to be polite if I just didn't see the insults. The mod eventually corralled him/her but at the time it was very hard to take the high road. I would have liked an 'ignore' button, but then I guess I would have missed a fabulous opportunity to be a better person that I'm not.

Thanks for the info everybody!
edit on 4-6-2013 by DiscreteParticle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I think some people (like me) like tidier threads just for ease of of reading. Also I like it if the original OP gets to have their run before people pile on. A lot of the posts are seriously just pot shots and sidebars so they break up the read. I get the idea of people running tidier threads, but I am happy to have it all available, too.

Thanks again.
edit on 4-6-2013 by DiscreteParticle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

Yep

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DiscreteParticle

I have been begging for an ignore feature every time it comes up.
Nope - the mods seem to want us to be abused by shills and trolls However, when you call them out for what they are 'you' get spanked not the troll/shill.

new topics

top topics

join