It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Sentinel copy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
The Aviationist has a picture showing an alleged new Chinese UAV (or two), which closely resembles the RQ-170 Sentinel. There had been several reports that Chinese delegations had gone to Iran to examine the Sentinel captured there, and this is the best proof that the reports were true (not that there was much doubt).

It was reported in August of last year that 17 Chinese scientists were in Iran to examine, and remove certain key parts of the aircraft to take back to China to copy for their own aircraft. Iran has also said that they're ready to fly their own copy of the aircraft.

It allegedly shows a series of brand new UAVs (unamanned aerial vehicles) one of those resembles the famous Lockheed Martin RQ-170 Sentinel, one of those was captured in Iran in 2011.

Last Februrary, Iran released footage that proves it has, if not literally decoded, at least accessed some of the data stored inside the U.S. stealthy RQ-170 drone captured in December 2011.

Previously, in Aug. 2012, The Aviationist published an article titled: Chinese delegation currently in Iran to copy the U.S. stealthy RQ-170 drone captured in 2011 about the news that a group of 17 Chinese expert had visited Iran not only to inspect, but also to collect and bring back to China some key components of the U.S. RQ-170 drone captured by Iran in December 2011.

theaviationist.com...

There is no confirmation that the picture is real, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is. The timing is about right for them to have developed a copy of the aircraft.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Not to be alarmed, ourselves and the Japanese are so far beyond these big drones technology wise

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
another lesson learned : your enemy can think and devise counter measures against your technological toys. underestimation of your enemy and overconfidence is what lead to slaughter and disaster in the military history.

Someone once thought, who can destroy 3 roman legions reinforced with auxiliaries ? The Germans did...

Someone once thought, who can make war with carthage and it's navy ? The Romans did..

Someone once thought, who can defeat the mighty german wermacth ? The Russians did..

Obama thought, Surely US military can easily defeat Iran easily ? The Iranian slaughter the US Navy in persian gulf, Destroy arabian oil fields and refineries , activate their terrorist cells all around US mainland , Oil Price rise thru the roof and destroy world economy

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
It makes me wonder how advanced the countries are when they take photographs with potato's, whats the deal with that picture, even my daughters toy waterproof camera with its VGA camera can take better pictures.

Almost like its easier to fake if its so crap.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: milomilo
another lesson learned : your enemy can think and devise counter measures against your technological toys. underestimation of your enemy and overconfidence is what lead to slaughter and disaster in the military history.

Someone once thought, who can destroy 3 roman legions reinforced with auxiliaries ? The Germans did...

Someone once thought, who can make war with carthage and it's navy ? The Romans did..

Someone once thought, who can defeat the mighty german wermacth ? The Russians did..

Obama thought, Surely US military can easily defeat Iran easily ? The Iranian slaughter the US Navy in persian gulf, Destroy arabian oil fields and refineries , activate their terrorist cells all around US mainland , Oil Price rise thru the roof and destroy world economy

Someone once thought, who can make this pain in the arse go away? SirDrinksalot did and requested the moderators take this anti america xenophobe out of a forum about aircraft.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: bladdersweat
Not to be alarmed, ourselves and the Japanese are so far beyond these big drones technology wise

The red arrows can fly tighter than these quads, faster, higher and with a more kickass sound.

A sawnoff shotgun would make light work of these pesky bugs....

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: bladdersweat

Figure 8 was especially cool I thought. I loved that quad copter video.

THank you!

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
How about what Lockheed and Intel can do:

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: IamSirDrinksalot

those nano drones were bloody awesome.
remember, this is in its infancy, it doesn't take long for technology like this to be mastered by us.

Not far from the size of a bird right?

imagine if they honed this a little more to look like a bird until it was right in front of you.

get 20 of them all with single shot poison needles or a bullet each.. you could eradicate a nations government in a few seconds.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Wow! So glad I watched that! Quadcopter pilots get realllly bored apparently

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   

that was awesome..

I think (did it happen differently?) the only problem so far with these, is that.. both the movies you posted were carefully choreographed and measured.
Both of those rooms were measured to a gazillionith of a mm. It was then carefully planned and written into a sequence of events. once it was 100% it was polished and recorded.

awesome, but they (the drones) need to be figuring it out as they go, not obeying commands.
edit on am532318112014-07-11T05:32:23-05:00052014p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: milomilo
Obama thought, Surely US military can easily defeat Iran easily ? The Iranian slaughter the US Navy in persian gulf,

Uh, no. Who exactly is going to slaughter whose navy?

Destroy arabian oil fields and refineries

OK, and then what? Another enemy?

activate their terrorist cells all around US mainland

So Iran is a terrorist-using nation after all? Might not the Arabians also let slip their dogs of war?

Oil Price rise thru the roof and destroy world economy

Geography & Economics quiz.

can Iran attack the US oil fields and refineries?

a) yes
b) no

can US attack the Iranian oil fields and refineries?

a) yes
b) no

Which country's economy is more dependent on oil production and exports

a) Iran
b) USA

Which country is better position to blockade the other's oil imports and exports by military means on a geographic choke point?

a) Iran
b) USA

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
The notion that chinese need to study RQ170 is laughable since chinese have developed better stealth drone than RQ170 years ago. Chinese technology have been surpassing US nowadays , heck the chinese can launched their astronauts with their own spacecraft , unlike the US astronauts who need to hitch a ride with the russian soyuz.

Bear in mind that the ancient Chinese Silkworm missile operated by hezbollah holy warriors can heavily damage Israeli Stealth Frigate. If US tried to attack iran it would lost it's naval fleet in persian gulf from combination of mines, suicide boats and endless missile salvos by the iranian.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: milomilo

I can't comment on most of your post simply because I just don't know. However I have read recently that U.S. Navy is by far the best in the world. I would like to think that since they are good, probably not alone, and capable of combating many of your threats they wouldn't be completely lost to Iranian attack. However I know next to nothing about Naval capabilities.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
It is an eye opener to see how scary a massive missile attack can inflict on a naval task force , where numerous incoming missiles and decoys overloading the ability of the fleet defender.

In a bathtub sized persian gulf, in the middle to unrestricted mining and suicide boats, a coordinated antiship missile with air attacks will devastate any US ship in the area. Sure the iranian will take horrible losses in life but this is a country that willingly spent the lives of youngsters to clear out iraqi minefields in Iran Iraq War. How can US fight a people that willing to die happily in combat (because they believe will receive their reward in heaven) ?

Remember how easy the USS Stark got destroyed by a single subsonic missile with small warhead and how USS Wasp got holed by a mine ? Multiply it by 1000x and you got the worst day of defeat for the US Navy..

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: milomilo

Thanks for the input, like I said I have next to zero knowledge on U.S. Naval capacity or any other country for that matter. While assuming that yes they would take massive casualties and losses in this scenario, is it likely they would be wiped out or just heavily damaged? Do you think there is a point where the losses start to platue? For instance maybe the first 6 months are very bad while they move forces into place and deal with new threats and scenarios while adjusting and changing strategies and then things start to even out and losses get back to acceptable levels?

new topics

top topics

join