It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People are getting ruder

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

I want to apologize for how you were treated by our fellow human beings my friend. Some of these shallow, selfish and self righteous puke bags were not raised the correct way, or even if they were, this plastic society that we all live in has infected them to the core, they no longer have a soul.

At the same time, some people are just condescending assholes period. Just like the loser who assumed that you had an Iphone. He sounds like the type of person I would like to punch if he treated me the same. Not that I would assault him, but one can dream about teaching one of these spoiled disgusting examples of a human being brats a lesson.

Yes I realize that violence is not the solution, and I know that is wrong, I am just upset about how you were treated. They have absolutely no respect for anyone whatsoever, not even their own Women, children or family.

What can you do? I am sorry to hear that you were treated that way though. Please remember for every jerk who would not gladly point you in the direction of a nice place to eat with your friends, there are thousands more who would actually enjoy informing you about all the nice places that there is to grab a bite in Seattle. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
It sounded worse before you explained what you actually did say. I was thinking some guy was a douche and you ended up attacking the girl but I'm relieved your remark was directed at him. Be careful when you're out having fun...You don't want to get into an accident or get beat up, when you're trying to live it up!

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Yes, I completely agree with you OP....The world has become nothing but a self-centered, cesspool...You are best to go back to your small-town...

Personally, I dropped out of the rat-race and could not be happier in my village, despite its shortcomings (good and bad everywhere)....

Peace, quiet, and a healthful lifestyle.....I have no money, no mortgage, no steady employment, an old car... but who cares...I am a free man(woman).....I have a roof and a full tummy!

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
In my city people are wimps.

They drive by and yell stuff and speed off. If you chase them in your car like I do they speed to get away frantically.

I pay them no mind anymore because they bring themselves to shame on their own. Who cares?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

too many times people walking down a grocery aisle, or a hallway in an office building, or on a sidewalk, will not share the space. it's frustrating. no courtesy. people act as though others need to move for them.

arrrrrrrghh!

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by LizardSlicks

Well, it may please some people to learn that the only drinking I do now is at Mass, and it leads to far fewer verbal altercations.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Being originally from the UK I can say that is is the same there. I remember when I was a kid in the 70's, all the neighbours were out in the streets chatting and looking out for the kids playing. Yet now, people dont even know their neighbours. The only conversations they have with each other is to complain about things and criticize. I know there are some small pockets of community spirit left in the UK but it seems that it is getting more like the US.

I now live in italy and the community spirit here is fantastic. The kids play in the streets and gangs of old men hang out at the bus stops chatting and shouting friendly abuse at the kids. The younger generations really respect the older folks and the community spirit is strong. Also due to the economic downturn, lots more spare land is being used for growing food. The older guys are letting the younger guys use their land for growing veggies and they even have a no GM rule in our local village. It is great. I hope it lasts.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by greavsie1971
Being originally from the UK I can say that is is the same there. I remember when I was a kid in the 70's, all the neighbours were out in the streets chatting and looking out for the kids playing. Yet now, people dont even know their neighbours. The only conversations they have with each other is to complain about things and criticize. I know there are some small pockets of community spirit left in the UK but it seems that it is getting more like the US.

It wasn't always that way here in the USA. When I was a kid you new everyone on your entire street, and sometimes the next street over. These days people are just hermits, or maybe just have their heads buried in pc's, tablets or iphones.

I know my neighbors very well, but even a few I don't know at all. A new family moved in right next door to us 2 years ago and we don't even know them. In fact, the only contact we have made is when this guy comes over at 8:30pm to complain about my wife and her friends playing bunko. Just a bunch of harmless women playing a game together that's only are at our house twice a year because they rotate. He claimed his little daughter couldn't sleep because of the bell they would hit when one wins the game round.

Well, Luckily I was picking my son up from football practice, or I might have been a jerk to this guy. I mean, curfew is 10:00pm anyway. The ladies were kind about it though because we all have kids too, but come on you crybaby, shut your windows. Another time we both were putting up our Christmas lights and I yelled over "hello neighbor, how are you?", and he kind of looked at me funny and said fine and went about putting his lights up. Whatever, some people are just not social.

Little does he know the 1 year battle that I had with our other neighbor who's dog barked 24/7. Yes, 24/7. My daughter was only 2 years old and could not sleep through the endless madness. Hell my son could not get any sleep and he was busting his ass in school and football practice in 90 degree heat every day. The dog is a puggle, a wretched mix of a breed. Whoever bred those dogs should be shot in the back of their head cause there is another one down the street that I can still here during summer when the windows are open.

Anyway finally, the only way to get through to this asshole was to threaten to sue him. So what does the idiot do? He gets a shock collar instead of training his pet. = Clueless. Anyway, this other new guy complaining about the bunko party should thank me, cause that dog drove us almost insane and surely would have caused him a lot of stress like it did us. ~$heopleNation
edit on 6-6-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

Basically, the only reason why people did get nice towards the end of the 60s is because of the aliens.

Before the 60s everybody in civilization had the same style. People were nice, but all the same. When the aliens started coming in large numbers people started dressing in bright colors, the hippie generation started as a specific definition of how the aliens saw humans should live on earth - free love, a lot of music, higher consciousness...

This change from the UFOs rubbed off on all of civilization. All of a sudden there was pure sexual and natural beauty, something that didn't even exist 30 years prior. So the 70s were the best years in American civilization, and in 1973 the UFOs came down in the masses, in 1953 they also came down in the masses but it took that long for the change.

By the 80s aliens had pretty much took over, more drugs were introduced to civilization. During this time music had reached an all time peak across the world. It was the most expressive time in world civilization.

During the 90s, as the aliens started to go to ancient outposts in south America and left north America, women in civilization started to pick up on the fact that men ran things, so they started taking all of their sexual advantages and using them specifically against man. Women started showing the world that they could advance financially with their communication skills and even better yet they can do it without caring about man, because man does not see through the misuse of women's sexual exploitations.

So in the future, without the aliens, we are living in a very hateful world. Basically all of women now hate man and will lie to them under any circumstance and especially take advantage of the chance to feel superior by priding themselves over making man feel negative in emotion, in a vicious cycle of repetitive showing lack of care, then they will blame the emotions on you, saying that people who do not care about you and show you that should indeed make you feel happy.

A pure delusion in this world, and they will actually make you consider believing in their absolutely crazy delusion and purely deluded pathetic view of reality.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join