It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions for British and/or UK People

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
reply to post by Trueman

Technically,the Queen has the power to shut down parliment and dismiss any/all of the government if she feels the need.
In reality,the government write her speeches for her,and keep her in a little box out of the way for the tourists to marvel at.

IMHO,she should have sacked the last government after finding out they conspired to lie to the public about the dangers of Saddams WMD,then lied again by claiming the UK were not involved in rendition/torture.

So I have to wonder what is the point of her having such powers if she never uses them?
Other than keeping the government"decent"(oh the hilarity)I don't really see much use in the queen-unless you count her being the biggest/second biggest landowner in the UK and the owner of Austrailian Uranium mines.

Your post put her in a very difficult position. Unavoidable, made me think maybe she is a puppet or she was previously aware of Saddam's WMD.

I didn't know about her australian uranium.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Yeah,she is quite possibly the owner of the most land on the PLANET!!
Of course,most of that she didn't buy personally-rather it was taken by the sword,over hundreds of years,but hey its hers now.
This is an interesting article just about the land she owns:

www.whoownstheworld.com...

The numbers are almost incomprehensible...
I wonder if Charles will turn all that land into an organic farm when he takes over?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Has anyone else noticed that they all have what I call the 'horsey' look?
Charles,Andrew,Edward,Eugenie,William,Beatrice etc.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376

That could well be the inbreeding-not of this particular generation,but previous gens.
They used to "keep it in the family"so to speak-don't want to go adding impurities to the royal bloodline now do we?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

Sarah Jessica Parker is a member of the royal family

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

Yea theres some right mingers in there. They can keep there money. I will just carry on being incredibly good looking but broke

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

Maybe,it's the gum to teeth ratio that's the giveaway.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

Know how you feel,you can't put a price on being a handsome devil!

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376

Neigh to that !!!

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
the queen bows to the lord mayor of the city of london and asks his permission to enter ?? who has the power

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
reply to post by Maxatoria

Ok, now let me ask. Don't you believe she (and the nobles), represents the oppression and/or authoritarianism of people of other times? In that case, all the money coming from tourists could be an excuse to preserve a monarchy, or not?

If the people of the UK had the option of opting out of funding the windsors and only their supporters need put their hand in pockets, I guarantee you this, we'd be a Republic in no time.

Only a complete idiot agrees to someone shoving a hand in his pocket and taking how much he likes to keep a family of bigotted leeches in a lifestyle one can only dream of under the pretence of "Tourism".

The French had the right idea with the invention of the guillotine.

And there is no way that the freckled ginger Harry is the son of Charles, He's got James Hewitt written all over him.
edit on 2-6-2013 by ChristianJihad because: add

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

For those that haven't seen this is a great watch -

.The Coming Fall Of The House Of Windsor part 1 .

The Coming Fall Of The House Of Windsor part 2

Queen Elizabeth II - is NOT the rightful heir to the throne of England .

edit on 2-6-2013 by ChristianJihad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Ironicaly alot of our top members of our aristocracy seem serve in the military with our currnet princes serving on our front lines.......

That more than can be said of our Current prime ministers MP and other rich influential people and I don't see many presidents or there family members going out to Iraq or Afghanistan?

Least they lead by example.
edit on 2-6-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Yeah you know you are so right what we need is a president because after all they have always been so great.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
My conclusion is that most of UK citizens don't like the british nobles at all, for good reasons (I must say).

To be honest, it doesn't look like that from outside. Probably because a false image projected by media. Making this thread was a good idea.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
we get good value for our monarch given it costs 1.4 billion bucks to keep Obama happy compared to just under 60 million bucks to pay for the monarchs official duties

now.msn.com...

JAK

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Ok, if you promise to keep it under your hat: It's amusing, if you look closely at the label on their clothing there's a tiny, inconspicuous yet legally recognised 'for entertainment purposes only' disclaimer.

We keep them around for giggles and to keep the rest of the world off-guard wondering just exactly what the we are playing at.

As you can see on the link provided, what many in the civilised world would consider grossly offensive and indeed in England would be considered part of a pattern of behaviour which could lead to a secret court hearing on the ability of the defendant to look after themselves and consequent enforced placement in a care home with the stripping the defendants assets to pay for the sentence privilege is, in this instance, regarded merely as a sequence of hilarious 'gaffes'.

So ask yourself, 'Why the apparent discrepancy?'. Answer: 'cos we're just having a giggle.

As I said though, this is just between you, me and the internet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join