It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recall effort against Arizona's Sheriff Joe Arpaio fails

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
This was a total waste and sore loser party.

He JUST won re-election by a wide % and they instantly start a recall? Like he said himself, it's a real abuse of the system to run a recall days after a very clear election result just because the outcome isn't what you wanted it to be.

It would have been like Conservatives challenging the Obama outcome in November. Arpaio wasn't a close race, much less a nail biter...despite being the closest he's had, historically...and he won handily. As he always has among the county voters. They like who they have as Sheriff ...even if others don't. Sore Losers.
It's a bitter taste.
edit on 2-6-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Exactly. The majority of times, this is what this issue boils down to because there isn't much in the way of common sense in their arguments. Sure, he's not perfect, but the people who vote for him obviously think his good outweighs his bad. Either that, or they don't really care too much about his bad qualities because they don't effect THEM.

Having watched this guy for 2 decades now, all I have to say is that he needs to step down, have a beer and unwind. He's spent his entire life in the higher tiers of law enforcement, In Arizona mostly, and it's starting to take it's toll. You can tell by the way he responds to these sorts of things. "They're not going to win".....or......."They're not going to stop me from doing my job." ( Watch the news clips, I'm quoting the man) That's right Joe, only God will do that, right? This is what happens when you spend your entire life doing one thing. The line between professionalism and your own personal feelings become so blurred that is there is no difference anymore. As a result, you get someone who thinks that their way is the only way and everyone who thinks otherwise is "Out to get them". And when you're in a profession like his, dealing with the general public, that's a very dangerous unproductive way of dealing with things.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FriedBabelBroccoli

I don't think people who are commenting with complaints about illegal immigration believe that a very large portion of it is drug smuggling in exchange for access to the US.
All the more reason to end illegal immigration.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by DarthMuerte

The problem comes from the fact that his officers have detained, arrested, and even deported US citizens simply because they are of Hispanic descent. US citizens who have done nothing wrong are being arrested simply due to their appearance. How can anyone be okay with that?

Interesting spin being state / local officers / courts cant deport anyone, being its a federal responsibility, something the courts in question have stated time and again.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Ok, I've had enough. Have I broken the law, yes. I have broken the speed limit and sometimes got a ticket and sometimes got a warning. I have also broken the speed limit and didn't get caught. I drank under the influence of alcohol and got caught. I paid the price, did my civic duty and learned my lesson. You do the crime, you do the time.

Do I break the law now? NO!!!!! I learned my lesson.

Should people that cross our border illegally and get caught be deported? YES!!!! You do the crime, you do the time. Are there repeat offenders that cross the border illegally, get deported and come back? YES!!!

If Sherriff Joe knows the majority of illegals in his jurisdiction are Hispanic, then he should be more mindful of Hispanics. He should also look out for Middle Eastern, Chinese or any other person from another country if they display suspicious behavior. We have a HUGE problem with people coming here illegally and many want to harm us. Many that come here illegally just want free stuff.

I AM SICK OF PAYING FOR OTHER PEOPLE, legal or illegal and having them harm us. It must stop now!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SICK OF BEING CALLED A RACIST because I want everyone to obey our laws.

Come here legally, become an American citizen, learn the language and contribute like the rest of us, otherwise, get the H3LL out and stay out.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by NeoVain

You failed to mention the real reason of all this pressure against arpaio: the obama administration dislike his digging into the past of our "dear president" (he already proved the birth certificate was a fake), and they are trying to "get him" in any way they can. Too bad the people "won´t have it", since they keep re-electing him and aren´t stupid enough to have him recalled no matter the propaganda about "racial profiling" etc they try to use. Well, some people obviously are, but the numbers are there for a reason.

The truth wants to be free.
edit on 2-6-2013 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

Joe hasn't proven anything against Obama. His "investigation" came up with the same crap that had already been shown to be fake. And his problems with the Feds started long before Obama went into office.

If you believe the birth certificate is authentic you sir apparently believe what you are told. On day 1, independent from any information I read or heard on the subject, all I saw was a link to the birth certificate, I downloaded it, saw the perfectly separated layers and immediately knew it was a fabrication. I don't know if it's a fabrication of a real certificate, perhaps it is, I'm not saying a real version doesn't exist in the files in Hawaii, it could be, what I'm saying is the adobe document is 100% created, layer by layer, it wasn't scanned and separated after-the-fact, anyone with 2 years experience with similar software will know, but it's clearly a taboo subject, I wonder why, oh perhaps because Obama has an iron fist when it comes to the media?

In September, 2012, top Israeli scientists including Israel Hanukoglu, PHD, a former science adviser to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, indicated the certificate was a fake. His website even carries instructions for taking apart the fabricated document.

www.examiner.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
The one comment i can make on this issue is that having dealt
with immigration in other countries ours is by far more civil and
for lack of a better word gentle, for example, if you wish to immigrate
to Honduras, you must have a monthly income of 2500$ or more,
if you ever fall beneath that they will kick you out, if you enter
illegally then things can get really messy really quick, you would
more than likely end up in jail and well a Honduran jail is very harsh,
the thing is, we don't need to be like those places, what we need is
to just grant amnesty again and absorb them as a new official work
force, that way they get all the "benefits" of paying TONS of taxes
and being held responsible for their medical bills via garnishment
of wages and so on.

That might actually fix the problem we have, of course the only way
to permanently fix it is to do away with prohibition and then go after
the cartels for real and quit supporting these guys with so much
money, its the only way to get their real power base and start to
address all of the corruption it fuels.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by pyramidikal
I saw was a link to the birth certificate,

No you did not....

In September, 2012, top Israeli scientists including Israel Hanukoglu, PHD, a former science adviser to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, indicated the certificate was a fake

not much of a expert if he is willingly to declare a document he has never seen a fake....

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by pyramidikal
If you believe the birth certificate is authentic you sir apparently believe what you are told.

^^ The irony is strong with this one.

Birth certificate 'layer' theory debunked.

Birther myths refuted.

Israel Hanukoglu didn't bring anything new to the table, and certainly didn't rely on his professional expertise when looking at the certificate. He simply repeated the 'layers' nonsense, which has already been demolished.

Much as I don't like what Obama is doing to the USA, I have to admit: it is undeniable that his birth certificate is 100% real.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Outstanding...
Sheriff Joe is what ALL real lawmen should aspire to be!
I have only met one real lawman who was unhappy with Sheriff Joe, and he was on his security detail and prefered to be back on the street.
And the people who are against him...illegals bringing in all the dope, crooks and criminals...emphasis on the illegals bringing in the dope!

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I have no problem with this guy. Illegal immigration IS a real problem and someone has to be responsible for the task whether they like it or not. It's a polarized issue so either way you're going to catch flak from one side or the other.

Besides, any law enforcement who's willing to stand up to the establishment is good in my book. We have far too many just-take-orders, trigger happy, meat-headed, taser firing, authority abusing, anti-civil rights scumbags... This guy might not be perfect but who is?

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Honestly I fail to see the problem with racial profiling here.

Well, you'd have to ask a Hispanic U.S. citizen, why there's an issue. It's hard for us to understand "other people's problems", when we don't have direct experience our self. Believe me, if the Sheriff was only stopping white folk, there would be an issue. Say we elect an Hispanic sheriff. We know some Mexicans are white. So, our Hispanic
Sheriff, who believes he can easily identify illegal hispanics, only needs to stop and check white folk, who are harder to detect. All the hispanics he stops are actually illegal, because he knows how to spot them, being Hispanic himself. He knows the signs, the clothes, the walk, the accent, etc..and can tell if they just came over the border or not. On the other hand, the white undocumented blend in too well, so he's got to stop every single white person to check.

This is not an impossible scenario either. Sometime in the future, the ratios of the different ethnic groups will change, things will be reversed, and then those people who don't understand today, what's all the fuss, will begin to understand then.

edit on 3-6-2013 by KingErik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Originally posted by technical difficulties

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Why do liberals/democrats always seem to support people who are criminals instead of regular people? The first thing an illegal immigrant does by coming here is break our laws by doing so. They are criminals and should be treated as such.
So all Hispanic people in America are criminals is what you're saying? That's quite an interesting point of view.

Sure! Why not?

How did you even read that from his post?

Are you having technical difficulties?

The U.S. has plenty of illegal aliens running about, but let's face facts. The majority are hispanic. And that is not racist as I don't like anybody who is here illegally.
But are all Hispanics illegal immigrants? To think that racially profiling latinos to find illegal immigrants somehow doesn't effect the latinos who are in this country legally means either you believe all latinos are illegal (which is racist), or that you're incredibly naïve.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I live in Maricopa County and like it or not he was ELECTED by the majority. Too bad if you don't like it. If he is looking for illegals in Arizona I guess he should pull over every white and black person he sees!!! Get real, liberals just can't seem to use reasoning for anything....lol

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TSSCI
I live in Maricopa County and like it or not he was ELECTED by the majority. Too bad if you don't like it. If he is looking for illegals in Arizona I guess he should pull over every white and black person he sees!!! Get real, liberals just can't seem to use reasoning for anything....lol

That's exactly it. The Sheriff is a true representation of the people in his neck of the woods. He reflects their thoughts. He acts according to their will. And I guess the only people who really complain about the Sheriff are other Americans who live in other states, who happen to travel and may drive through the Sheriff's territory.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Buster, buddy, you have to realize that the ILLEGAL crossing of our borders is coming from MEXICO. Or is that new to you? Who do you think should be targeted? We have a huge problem here with ILLEGALS. The "they make things cheaper by working cheaper thing" that I'm sure will be brought up, hold no water and I don't feel like explaining why. If it's Mexicans that are crossing the border ILLEGALLY, then sorry, you're going to be targeted whether you like it or not for the sake of our country, the US of A. If we were connected to Ireland, and Irish were coming in here illegally, I wouldn't give a hoot if I had to show I was here LEGALLY. THE MEXICANS PROTESTING AGAINST THIS SHOULD START TO BAND TOGETHER AND HELP WITH THE PROBLEM. Instead, you cry and moan, work here, take jobs and ship money out of our country.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by technical difficulties

Let me ask you some questions? Who are the 12 to 20 million illegals in this country? Are they mostly Canadian, British, Yemeni, Australian, Russian, etc, etc, etc. or the majority from Mexico? I don't dispute the fact that there are illegals from other countries here but have you been to Del Rio, TX? Have you been to Eagle Pass, TX? I have!!! "It ain't rocket science".!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by leeb768

So because the majority of illegal immigrants in this country are Hispanic that gives Arpaio and the MCSO the authority to detain and arrest US citizens for no other reason than being of Hispanic descent? As Ben Franklin said, "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Arpaio's policy towards illegal immigrants is no different than the Patriot Act. It presents the guise of protecting the people but in the end all it really accomplishes is to hurt US citizens.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

So, do feel the same way about the IRS and the Tea Party people? If a group of people fit a description, you investigate those people?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Love or hate Joe, at least hes doing something about people breaking our countries laws. It's not his fault the federal government fails to enforce the law or will go out of it's way to avoid deporting illegals. I think any illegal caught in the US should have to work for the state for up to a month to cover the cost to send them home.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join