It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just seen a UFO . Bright light low in sky

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Nothing spectacular but it was Not a plane as it never had any flashing lights plus it was lower than an actual plane that was close by , clearly flashing its navigation lights , this however was similar to a satellite but much lower and brighter at first i thought i was seeing maybe the ISS but it was way too low , i watched it slowly move across the sky much slower than a satellites orbit . It then entered a cloud and i lost sight of it , there was two planes in the sky so they would have seen this light very clearly i would think . This is my first proper UFO sighting . normally i dont post when a see things that i know will probably be a satellite but this time i am convinced it was something totally different to a satellite . I am in Scotland in the Lanarkshire Area i wonder if anyone else saw it , this was less than a hour ago now . I know its not much of a thread without pics or video but i would like to keep a written record of my sighting all the same .
edit on 30-5-2013 by shambles84 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Where?

Who?

What?

When?

Why?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
One of them invisible UFOs, huh?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Thanks guys , i hit enter just as i wrote the title out and it posted the full thing , i am quite hyper and excited after my sighting . i now going to have a cup of coffee and calm down .

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by shambles84

How long ago? I'm all the way south, almost in the channel, is it headed this way?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Interesting, thanks for sharing.

I'm sure if you wanted you could probably find a way to know which planes were supposedly flying at the same time as your UFO and possibly ask the airline if they saw anything unusual.. it's a long shot though.

Apparently Lanarkshire is a UFO hot spot

LANARKSHIRE is Scotland's hottest spot for UFO sightings, according to a study. The county has had 15 unexplained sightings since 1994, claims research by Virgin Media.

Source

Try to see if you can remember the exact direction where it came from/headed to... is there a military facility or airport nearby?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Just looking it up on google maps , it was heading North East .

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Dominar

I have my eyes on the sky most nights as i like to look for Satellites and of course if i am lucky UFO`s , on a clear night i can see upto 5 satellites i am getting very good at spotting them with the naked eye , been doing this for over a year now . Its possible it could have been a military flight but with two planes in close proximity it would surely have too flash to give warning to their fellow pilots , what i seen was like when a plane has its fog lights on or landing lights on ,really bright but yet with no flashing , Comparing it to the other planes in the sky which were higher this was something totally different . the fact it was low enough to enter a cloud without hearing the rumbling a normal plane gives off makes me think it was no plane .

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Was the Ufo glowing, like somewhat pulsating in a sense, or was it a solid light?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Just making sure this wasnt to the west. The Venus/Jupiter/Mercury conjunction the past few days at sunset has got a lot of people here looking at the sky. They are very bright and clear here in the southwest.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Specimen

It was a solid yellow/white light , moved really slowly with no sound low in the sky , lower than the average plane with no flashing of red or blue lights that you would normally expect to see on a plane i watch the sky most nights i see a lot of planes.

I must have watched it for at least 2 minutes only time it dimmed was when it entered the cloud , and quickly faded i ran to higher ground but my sight was then obscured by a line of tall trees .

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gavron

I understand that some people get mixed up with the planets , as they are really bright at certain times .

But this was in no way a planet , it was actually moving slower than a plane and to low to be a satellite .

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
no pic,no proof

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

There were two sighting opportunities for the ISS in your area this morning .
Fri May 31/02:03 AM
Fri May 31/03:38 AM

You will also have chance to see it tomorrow morning as well so you could compare it to what you saw .
Sat Jun 01/01:15 AM
Sat Jun 01/02:49 AM

spaceflight1.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

The time frame certainly fits , my 1st guess was the ISS but i thought it might be too low but that could just have been an optical illusion of course .

I will be keeping a keen eye on the skys at these times tonight , thanks for your response Gortex , for me this is the best explanation .

Only thing that makes me not think it was the ISS was it looked like it was in Earths atmosphere , it did enter a cloud it did not go over the clouds which at the time i did expect that it would had it been above Earth . Also would the ISS not arch over earth , for me this was low and going in a straight line it never arched or arced like a satellite orbiting earth .
edit on 31-5-2013 by shambles84 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by flana23

I dont need prove anything , i simply wanted to share what i saw so people more experienced like Gortex for example could tell in their opinion what it likely was that i saw and right now the ISS is a very good bet .

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Your sighting sounds very similar (apart from the speed) to mine.

Here's my submitted report to MUFON -

My window faces East towards Portsmouth and the small row of 3 terraced house rooftops this thing flew over are at a 90 degree angle to my flat as i look out my window, so the rooftops run west to east. (Hope that makes sense)

Now my living room window is pretty big, about 2.5m wide and 1m tall and my TV is in the corner to the right hand side, so when im sat on my sofa the window is just naturally part of my peripheral vision. It was so quick and as soon as I’d seen it, it was gone.

It was silent and was going from west to east. It wasn’t the ISS because i checked and I watched that fly over head at 0418 BST as predicted and that was very dim.

What I saw was as bright as those “day sun” lights on police helicopters Very bizarre, I almost wouldn’t of believed my eyes but it was SO bright and moved SO fast.

MUFON sighting report

I received a response from a MUFON investigator who contacted my surrounding airports and the police, but nothing accounted for my sighting.

King
edit on 31/5/2013 by kingears because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by kingears

Thanks for sharing mate , i am going out tonight to try and get a look at the ISS to compare it to what i saw , your sighting sounds like it was faster than mine .

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by flana23
no pic,no proof

Thanks for sharing your opinion on this, the vast amount of information you provided is staggering.

If there were pics, I'm sure you'd drop a one line like "Fake" or something else? Plus, the OP didn't say it was 100% undeniable proof that it was a UFO either.

This "pics or it didn't happen" mentality has GOT to go.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Thanks for posting, I just want to ask what shape it was and did you notice if it lit up the cloud as it got close to it ? Are you in or near the Falkirk Triangle ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join