It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just seen a UFO . Bright light low in sky

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I cant really describe the shape as such only that it was a bright light , so bright you could not see the object properly to see the outline of it , unlike when a plane gets closer you eventually see the navigation lights and hear the noise . And yes it did make the cloud glow when it entered it .

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by LEL01

Falkirk is about 30 miles away so not all that far away .

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dominar

Originally posted by flana23
no pic,no proof

Thanks for sharing your opinion on this, the vast amount of information you provided is staggering.

If there were pics, I'm sure you'd drop a one line like "Fake" or something else? Plus, the OP didn't say it was 100% undeniable proof that it was a UFO either.

This "pics or it didn't happen" mentality has GOT to go.

There will always be the pics or it didnt happen brigade and thats fine they are entitled to their opinion , but not everyone who gets the chance to see something will have a camera to hand . Maybe if i had a pair of those google glass thingys i be jamming

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I'm guessing there weren't no rays of light coming from it, like a light bulb, until it got into the clouds. It was somewhat neon I guess you could say. And since you said it was solid, it didn't happen to appear some what on fire.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This is very similar to what i saw .

Comparing it to the ISS mines was alot brighter .

edit on 31-5-2013 by shambles84 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by shambles84

There apparent brightness of the ISS can vary at one's location.

Did you check for satellites, etc at your location at that time?

edit on 5/31/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Specimen

The light was artificial in my opinion not like it was burning up as in space debris or meteor etc , i have almost convinced myself it was the ISS but again it was like it was lower than the planes in the sky so how could it be the ISS , its rather puzzling to say the least .

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Ye Gortex pointed out the times of the ISS going over my area and the time frame fits in nicely . for me it was to low and to bright to be just a satellite .

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The ISS some times is low near the horizon. Probably the ISS if a pass matches.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Kinda far from yellow/white wouldn't you think. I'm guessing it didn't appear to have spikes on it sides. Seeing the video you posted it not as solid as I would of guessed. At the height it was at, did it have somewhat of a purplish inside of or to it.
edit on 31-5-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I asked about the shape because I had an up close sighting of a light last year in NE England. It had a shape a bit like a ship but it just looked like an orb when it was in the distance. I do have to keep in mind that my sighting was at the same time as they had Hadrians wall lit up with weather balloons but I'm sure this was not a balloon and it was travelling towards the wall not away from it, between NE and ENE direction.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Specimen

Ye i should have pointed that out the example i tried to show in the you tube clip is not the color i saw , it was bright yellow/white . I will be going out tonight to have another look , if it is the ISS then its pretty darn awesome all the same .

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I live in Northern Ireland, and on the 29th May at around 1am I was letting the dogs out and a shooting star caught my eye so I decided to have a look around the sky, as I do have an interest in astronomy, and as I was looking around I saw a satellite slowly moving across the sky. I have seen these on numerous occasions. However, I then saw flashing lights at first I thought that it was a helicopter, as we get a lot of police helicopters flying overhead, then I thought it was an aeroplane, as we are on a flight path between Dublin and Belfast but there were no landing lights or the port, starboard lights. I looked for a further couple of seconds then the flashing lights started to go in a triangle. The light would start at the top then to the right side then to the left side and then back to the top, I did try to film it but the iPhone would not capture it. It actually got very scary as the lights sped up and the dogs started barking in a defence way and i also heard a scraping on the garden wall.
All sorts was going through my mind, as I am sure you can imagine. The lights then ascended at speed towards the east of Ireland towards the Isle of Man so it is very possible that the same thing could of been seen in Scotland..

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by chelsealad

That sounds chillingly awesome , i hope it is clear skies tonight i cant wait to get out there now .

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Clear skies forecast tonight mate
there is also an asteroid set to pass over at midnight tonight GMT there is a thread on ATS about it.. Unable to link sorry.

I can confidently say that we will see some sort of phenomena this evening!

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
From my experience, it when you least expect it.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
You just "saw" a UFO, not seen, I post this as a helpful resource to everyone who
also saw a UFO, if you say "seen" in the wrong context it will make your claim
seem less legitimate.

I see airplanes all the time, and at certain angles they look like UFOs, just their
'headlights' are pointed in a direction which creates an illusion, watching for long
enough they can be identified as conventional craft. I'd say this is what a good
99% of UFO cases are based on, simple misidentification. We don't need excuses
like swamp gas or Venus, because every day airplanes, jets and helicopters are
mistaken for UFOs all the time.

One time my nephew ran into the house yelling "There's a UFO outside!" We all
went out and it was a regular jet flying to the air force base. I believe the youth
are being brainwashed to a degree to not only accept but to actively look for
UFOs.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Zotor

During the 1980's when I was living in England children were encouraged to look up at the night sky and report what they saw. This was a country wide scheme in all schools. His may of been an effect of the Cold War but none the less it has had an effect of the minds of our nation.

We need to take away the stigma and ridicule away from reporting such events and only then will we start to get a better picture of what is going on in our world, solar system and universe.

However, I do agree with what you are saying and I understand your reasoning and a lot of "sightings" can be explained away as aircraft but as I mentioned I live in a flight path, and as the airport is only 45 miles away the aircraft have to have full lights on except the main lights which only turn on about 10 miles from the airport.

I will have another look tonight and if anything of interest happens I will post it on this thread.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zotor
You just "saw" a UFO, not seen, I post this as a helpful resource to everyone who
also saw a UFO, if you say "seen" in the wrong context it will make your claim
seem less legitimate.

Thanks for pointing that one out Zotor . I hope my eyes are as sharp as your brain tonight when I`m out sky watching .

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Hello,
I saw something from my backyard that sounds kinda similar. I have an idea of what it may be , but really it kinda freaked me out when i saw it - flying low and fast - Here is a link to the video, hope it works.
backyardwonder

The orientation is sideways as i captured it with my WebOS phone and I can't get it to flip - if anyway can do it, that would be great.
edit on 1-6-2013 by sanchertx because: want to try and imbed video

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join