It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trayvon Martin: Cellphone pics of guns and drugs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Do we know he was chased?

People get followed all the time by cops and nosey fogeys who dont like the "looks" of you.

If you turn and punch that cop or that nosey fogey following you you just assaulted that person.

Ideally Zimmerman would have done what I wish more people would do and minded his own damn business but he didnt and just following someone isnt a crime in and of itself.

So do we know that Zimmerman chased Martin down? Because that would put the aggression solely on Zimmerman and make the case a slam dunk.
edit on 30-5-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Paschar0

Oh worries me, pictures of guns and drugs on a teenagers cellphone. This must make him a murderer! I mean this is totally out of the norm for kids these days right? No, it's not. What actual proof does Zimmerman and his supporters have that Trayvon was the aggressor? Because:

1) The fact Zimmerman had some bleeding that night doesn't prove that Trayvon was the aggressor, it proves that Zimmerman was involved in a fight. I've seen people start fights in bars and many of them come out with bruises and bleeding. They like to start fights, and them having these bruises is not evidence of innocence.

2) Zimmerman claimed Trayvon ambushed him, he's had nothing to show for it other than his own testimony. Nothing. Trayvon was unarmed, Zimmerman had the loaded gun, he was clearly the adult here, he made a choice that night.

I have the feeling Zimmerman will get off, much like OJ did in his first trial and many murderers did. Fortunately there are many people that will not forget what Zimmerman did.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
Zimmermans story has changed multiple times. His testimony is not reliable.

Eye-witness testimony is notoriously unreliable because memory has been proven to not be infallible, especially in stressful situations. You defend yourself and actually end up taking a life... I'm curiously to see how well your memory would be after getting your head bashed into the ground and having a traumatic experience happen to you.

Trayvon would still be a live if Zimmy wasn't trying to be a real life batman, no wait, batman actually confronted criminals, not innocent people walking through a neighborhood near his fathers house..

Being a neighborhood watch captain is illegal now? It's illegal to watch shady people you've never seen before walk thru your neighborhood?? An argument could be made that if Trayvon didn't embrace being a 'gangsta' (his OWN words) he might be alive also?

George Zimmerman had a legal right to carry a firearm. Why on earth do you keep bringing that irrelevant nonsense up? Using the situation to push your anti-gun agenda?? Sure looks like it.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Imagine if this was some white kid that had a gun on his phone. He'd just be a hunter or avid 2nd amendment supporter. You'd all be going on about how the media is trying to demonize guns. But since it is a black kid you go along with it. Total hypocrites.

I have a photo of a gun on my phone. I use it as my dad's avatar in my address book, simply because he used to collect guns.

It means nothing.

I don't even like guns.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Oh worries me, pictures of guns and drugs on a teenagers cellphone. This must make him a murderer!

Stop exageratting. It doesn't make him a murderer, but it calls into question his character, which is completely relevant.

What actual proof does Zimmerman and his supporters have that Trayvon was the aggressor?

Bloody knuckles on Martin? Injuries consistent with being the victim to Zimmerman? Are you purposely being obtuse??

2) Zimmerman claimed Trayvon ambushed him, he's had nothing to show for it other than his own testimony. Nothing. Trayvon was unarmed, Zimmerman had the loaded gun, he was clearly the adult here, he made a choice that night.

Are you just stating nothing because the evidence means nothing to you? George was a liscensed gun carrier who was also the neighborhood watch. He attacked Treyvon? LOL??

Fortunately there are many people that will not forget what Zimmerman did.

Nope, we sure won't. Try and attack me or break into my home and I'll be remembering what Zimmerman did for sure. We have SYG law in my state also.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jheherrin

Eye-witness testimony is notoriously unreliable because memory has been proven to not be infallible, especially in stressful situations. You defend yourself and actually end up taking a life... I'm curiously to see how well your memory would be after getting your head bashed into the ground and having a traumatic experience happen to you.

He's not a liar, just a victim.

He changed his story in order to make himself look better and less guilty.

Being a neighborhood watch captain is illegal now?

Walking down the street after going to the store is illegal now, interesting.
It must be, wanna be batman called the cops.

edit on 30-5-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I'm not even going to argue with you all. It's the same old tired arguments trying to make Zimmerman look like a great guy just protecting himself.

You wanna bring up Trayvon's past while ignoring Zimmerman's, which is a wife beater and cop assaulter. You also want to ignore he changed his story over and over again to make himself look good.

Go on living your miserable hate filled lives.

Bye!

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle

He's not a liar, just a victim.

He changed his story in order to make himself look better and less guilty.

Being a neighborhood watch captain is illegal now?

Walking down the street after going to the store is illegal now, interesting.
It must be, wanna be batman called the cops.

edit on 30-5-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

Wanna-be batman called the cops? Walking down the street after going to the store is illegal? This is your rebuttal? I can see there is no point in discussing the matter with you further.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by jimmyx

Do we know he was chased?

People get followed all the time by cops and nosey fogeys who dont like the "looks" of you.

If you turn and punch that cop or that nosey fogey following you you just assaulted that person.

Ideally Zimmerman would have done what I wish more people would do and minded his own damn business but he didnt and just following someone isnt a crime in and of itself.

So do we know that Zimmerman chased Martin down? Because that would put the aggression solely on Zimmerman and make the case a slam dunk.

come live in Stockton, California, and see how you would react to a guy like zimmermen following you at night while you were walking down the street alone.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

That's all well and nice but did he chase Martin as you claimed?

You arent trying to use frightened racist tension to excuse assaulting someone are you? That would mean any paranoid fob could get away with beating some black guy who gets in line behind them at the ATM and you'd find it justifiable. I dont believe you would.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

Having a picture of mj and guns on your phone does not make you a criminal. Having and carrying a gun does not make you a criminal. However glorifying the gangster thug lifestyle would make me very suspicious of somebody. I say this because I was recently assaulted by somebody who glorifies the gangster thug lifestyle and had to have them arrested and took out an order of protection against them. NOW I CARRY A GUN. In my opinion, and it is only my opinion, when you glorify the gangster thug lifestyle, it makes you a gangster thug.

Cell phone photos can be forensically recovered and we had a recent thread on here about that, but I cannot find it now.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Trayvon was a druggie gangster up to no good. He got what was coming to him. If not Zimmerman, someone else would have. Only in such a backwards country as the United States do people think proven criminals are innocent.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
come live in Stockton, California, and see how you would react to a guy like zimmermen following you at night while you were walking down the street alone.

George didn't live in Stockton. He lived in a gated community where they want to keep the riffraff out so they created neighborhood watches. We have them where I live too, especially with the rise in meth-related crime, and I have no problem watching for lowlives in my community. If that makes me a wanna-be Batman, sobeit.

I wonder how someone alone at night in Stockton would react to a guy like Martin them around??
Stupid #ing argument.
edit on 30-5-2013 by jheherrin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Doesnt most of stockton look like zimmerman??

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Were there any movie files found on the phone showing Trayvon putting a 30lb+ heavier opponent on his back with one punch, and then owning them completely on the ground for 40 seconds?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I think this is a tough one and I'm personally torn on it. On one hand, if I stand trial for a thing and especially if I'm actually not guilty? I don't want previous evidence from things I wasn't even convicted of, coming in from who knows where in my past to cloud the current issue. That's what letting in the full Martin background and history would do, IMO. Zimmerman didn't and couldn't have known all that history, so how fairly can the actions be judged if the Jury does know and can't get past it for being a VERY context related item.....kinda.

On the other hand, I'd hate to see them SO sanitize Martin as to make this sound like it could just as easily been a Church goer returning home from an evening's choir practice to study for his big try at Seminary.

I think to judge Zimmerman's actions fairly, right or wrong, the fact he had suspicion and reasonable basis for that, given history and crime record for the area is real critical to be aware of.

Now how to balance two almost mutually exclusive interests?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

This was my point, a picture is being painted by 2 things he liked: marijuana and guns.
The phone call from Zimmerman to the police is very important, if Trayvon was trespassing and Zimmerman reported to the police that is enough justification for him to follow Trayvon to see what he was doing.

What does not make sense is that Zimmerman claims to have lost sight of him, then was attacked? Which unarmed kid would escape a neighborhood watch, come back and attack him when he is armed?

Just another guess, but it is more likely that Zimmerman tried to subdue Trayvon until the cops arrive. Trayvon probably panicked and attacked Zimmerman in an attempt to run.

Either way an unarmed kid is dead, a taser could have been used but instead he was shot for throwing a punch. For those of you arguing for Zimmerman's safety, he should have stayed in the car and cruised in the neighborhood until police arrived.
edit on 30-5-2013 by peashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheherrin

Originally posted by jimmyx

George didn't live in Stockton. He lived in a gated community where they want to keep the riffraff out so they created neighborhood watches. We have them where I live too, especially with the rise in meth-related crime, and I have no problem watching for lowlives in my community. If that makes me a wanna-be Batman, sobeit.

I wonder how someone alone at night in Stockton would react to a guy like Martin them around??
Stupid #ing argument.
edit on 30-5-2013 by jheherrin because: (no reason given)

You are wrong here. Zimmerman appointed himself as a neighborhood watchman the community had no watch program.

If they are bringing this up about Martin then they will have to bring up Zimmerman's past crimes of domestic violence and assaulting a police officer.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Trayvon was what, 16 years old and about 140 pounds? Is everyone here so fearful of black people that as a grown man you would feel the need to stop and interrogate him and then not feeling satisfied with the fact he's not on file or on a leash shoot and kill him? If you believe George Zimmerman did the right thing and as I even read someone say something to the effect of "Someone would have given it to him sooner or later('cause he's a thug)" you are just a sad, scared person. Shame on you. You're holding back the human race. I don't care if he was a little punk-ass teenager, like a lot are nowadays. People here are making the jump from him being a teenager interested in contemporary rap culture/ (fake) thug life bling smoke trees blah blah to being a gang affiliated quick shooting dope boy. Do you know how many kids posture in high school? I knew a few kids black and white that thought they were drug kingpins in highschool that we had all known since elementary that would act way harder than they had any right to. Nobody got shot by George and no one needed to be.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

For me, It strengthens my belief in Zimmerman's intuition and judgement were correct to suspect Martin

So, just to make sure i understand correctly. Zimmerman was psychic, and somehow knew Martin had been around guns and drugs the moment he saw Martin. This knowledge is what made it ok to follow, chase, and get in a confrontation, and shoot Martin?

If Zimmerman is not psychic, and didn't know this information a head of time, then these pictures completely irrelevant. it really seems to me that he decided to harass a kid walking down the street, caused the entire situation, and should pay for his actions.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join