It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: ‘I Could Not Be More Anxious’ To Have Pelosi Back As Speaker

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Now this, I believe our President is 100% sincere about. Never in his career, in fact, have more honest words been spoken. Boehner isn't far from a rubber stamp and sure no serious opposition ...but he still isn't just allowing everything through. That's something. He's also not "controlling" his people in not attacking Obama and that must leave the President burning mad some nights. His agenda is all but dead in place as it stands now.

CHICAGO (AP) — Returning to the town that launched his political career, President Barack Obama gave a boost Wednesday to Democrats chasing control of the House, telling donors he’s still seeking compromise with Republicans — but if that fails, it’s up to Democrats to finish the job.

Personally, I miss the compromise part when the statements have repeatedly said, outright, if Congress cannot or will not do something then the White House will...without them. Those are fighting, not compromising words. Compromise would be willing to cede some of this own position, accept some of the opposition's input and come out with a mix of the two. "My way or the highway.." seems the rule of the day though?

“Washington is not broken,” Obama said. “It’s broken right now for a particular reason, but it’s not permanently broken. It can be fixed.”

That’s where Democratic donors and the candidates they support come in, Obama said.

That's not broken...it's called adversarial politics of multi-party system ...and it's a concept both sides can't seem to grasp. On one hand, they play footsie in backrooms making deals when it benefits themselves ....and party lines seem left at the door when it comes to what helps them personally. On the other? We have them refusing to work with each other ...flat out and without "Compromise".

Nancy Pelosi literally locked Republicans out of conference rooms during the ACA debate and formation. That is the compromise to get back to with fond memory? Oh brother.... We're doomed to ever work well.

But the big bucks awaited Obama and his party at the home of Bettylu Saltzman, whose support for Obama started decades earlier when he was first entering politics in Illinois. Tickets to dinner at Saltzman’s home started at $10,000 and topped out at $32,400 — the legal maximum.
Source

I have a stupid question.... Did we elect a Commander and Chief/Executive Leader or did we elect a power center for the Democratic National Committee and essentially booster for the Left's causes? Obama is not running for Office. He never will, again, in his life. Yet he spends as much or more time campaigning now than he did when it was HIS OWN job he was doing it for. Does the President EVER stop campaigning and fund raising or should we simply redefine the job title after this?

Personally, I want a man in that office who spends more time working, then finding reasons why he can't. I'd like a President who FINDS ways to make cooperation work, rather than just saying "aww,, hell.. we'll try again in 2014!'. Well....That's 2 years of wasteland for our nation by giving up until conditions are "favorable".

I hope to God ou next President is a leader and his own man, to the extent any of them are. We have a follower's follower. A man who changes based on wind direction and fundraising indicators. We have the worst system money can buy, it would seem....and it carries to both sides. One just happens to have White House and executive (Whatever that means anymore) control.
edit on 30-5-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: Fixed Source Link

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Pelosi with her ping pong eyes, "we need to pass the bill before we know whats in it."

This laidy makes me sick.

edit on 30-5-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Agreed. Perhaps Dems are to win back the House in 2014. Just..ANYONE but Pelosi. She's as Bipartisan as Carl Rove.

Personally, I prefer a mixed Government where neither side has all 3 elected areas of Government locked down, as personal play toys. It was a catastrophe under Bush and it's been a catastrophe for the period Obama had it to himself. The give/take or..sometimes gridlock of adversarial politics sure beats the extreme left OR right that gets rubber stamped on through when either side has FULL control.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I hope to God ou next President is a leader and his own man, to the extent any of them are. We have a follower's follower. A man who changes based on wind direction and fundraising indicators.

So you're discounting Hillary then?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Well, Hillary is a moot point until 2016, right? She isn't connected to Congress on any level, anymore.

I know a lot of people see Hillary as equal to or as bad as Obama. I never really have. She's a lefty's lefty. However, that's not necessarily a deal breaker any more than a far right candidate would be, by that alone. I think it's all pretty much water under the bridge now though, primarily because of her head trauma.

Personally? I wouldn't vote for my own dream candidate after seeing the injury she sustained that had her seeing double (as many indicate the extreme glasses during her Congressional Testimony were meant to correct) nor do I think she had sound judgment or control of herself during that period. All of that makes for taking her out of any mental consideration for anything beyond retirement and consultant, at best. I'm not sure it was her fault...but things are what they are ....and it's the most powerful job on Earth ...not a popularity contest, right?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Yes we know how excited he is..

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

i've always had the feeling that someday she will be potus.

not that i agree with her on everything, but just a sence that somehow she will be our first female potus.

let fate deal with the details.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Obama: ‘I Could Not Be More Anxious’ To Have Pelosi Back As Speaker

Everyone knows this all he wants is a congress surrounded by a bunch of yes men.

Given the 'scandals' of the past 8 months not looking likely that Pelosi will be, we can only hope.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I never understood the Pelosi hate.
And then I watched Michelle Bachman.

Most of the hate starts with Limbaugh and Savage
then a giant echo machine kicks in and it's out of control.

But when you really get down to the nuts and bolts of the hate
it's usually because a billionaire is afraid of paying 5% more on their taxes.

As a matter of fact the whole country is thrown under the bus by conservatives
because their billionaire buddies can't cough up a measly 5% more.
What patriots.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Hilary?

Depends on how many people remember 'We came,We saw Gaddafi died', and 'What difference does Benghazi make'.

The famous 3am phone call ad put out by her, turns out that call came, and no one was home.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Pelosi-gate?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

This is pretty telling, in that Nancy Pelosi is really a dingbat.
She says things that are not true, and she believes them!

I think Obama misses her because he is pretty much alone now
on the stage, being the one who says things that are not true,
and he believes them, just like Pelosi!

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Pelosi-gate?

Shes a man? Now thats a pelosi-gate

Its sad americans are so dumb to vote this dummy in. She has HUGE insiders in VISA so she gets all the insider info days before a major market move. Remember, its still not illigal for congress to deal with insider trading. Fair right????

Congress should be held to the same standards and rules as the Impose on the people.
edit on 30-5-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

And who told you this?
The IRS?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
I never understood the Pelosi hate.
And then I watched Michelle Bachman.

Most of the hate starts with Limbaugh and Savage
then a giant echo machine kicks in and it's out of control.

But when you really get down to the nuts and bolts of the hate
it's usually because a billionaire is afraid of paying 5% more on their taxes.

As a matter of fact the whole country is thrown under the bus by conservatives
because their billionaire buddies can't cough up a measly 5% more.
What patriots.

i don't hate Pelosi ...and your fixation on conservatives is badly out of place in this one. Honestly, I could probably have lunch with Pelosi and find her conversation engaging and fascinating.

I just think, in a political sense, she's reckless, dangerous and as corrupt as anything to have held that high a position in living memory. She's proven her dishonesty by both deed and action, multiple times. Hate or emotion at all, has absolutely nothing to do with it. It's a total lack of confidence in her ability to perform the duties of her CURRENT office, let alone retaking the House Speakership.

If you may recall, before she cost the Dems their numbers in 2010? Dems themselves were talking about insuring she WOULD NOT be back as speaker, even if they won...which of course, they didn't.

She had her chance and under her tenure, many bad things happened. I'd say it's time for new blood ...not old failures to prove again. Just my thinking.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
If Nancy Pelosi ever becomes president, I will renounce my citizenship and permanently move to parts unknown. If the American people are stupid enough to vote for this woman, it will be proof positive that the end is near...

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Personally, I miss the compromise part when the statements have repeatedly said, outright, if Congress cannot or will not do something then the White House will...without them. Those are fighting, not compromising words. Compromise would be willing to cede some of this own position, accept some of the opposition's input and come out with a mix of the two. "My way or the highway.." seems the rule of the day though?

Exactly...I was thinking that myself. I cannot recall, (anyone, correct me if I'm mistaken --which is very possible), a single time he compromised with the opposition.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

This is pretty telling, in that Nancy Pelosi is really a dingbat.
She says things that are not true, and she believes them!

I think Obama misses her because he is pretty much alone now
on the stage, being the one who says things that are not true,
and he believes them, just like Pelosi!

Calling Pelosi a dingbat is offensive to dingbats everywhere!

Seriously though, you must understand that these people live in an extremely strange out-of-touch reality than most people on the planet. They have been brainwashed by the systems they now wield power over. For instance....when have they ever just decided to wear jeans and a t-shirt to work? Ah, and why not? Because our society has brainwashed people into thinking that certain types of cloth you put on your body makes you a different person...even though it matters not what you wear, only what you do. Savvy?

We are all slaves to this system of control, and many will "play along" and believe that everyone else should be like them, do what they do, wear what they wear, think how they think....which is quite far removed from the actuality of reality. Everyone is different. The system of control has people like Pelosi enslaved into a certain type of thinking, and doing, which is very dangerous and destructive to creative beings everywhere on the planet.

We should indeed help these people, not hate them, because they are completely unaware of their own actions, in fact, they believe them to be perfectly "normal". But what is "normal"? Wearing a suit and tie?

In reality being "normal" means complete and utter submission to conformity.

In fact, I don't hate Pelosi, and people like her, I actually pity them. For they can never understand that you absolutely cannot force people to be what you think they should be.

Dear Pelosi, you are living in a delusional dreamland state of being. Do the world a favor, and live your life without attempting to meddle in other people's business and force others to be like you, for this is a ridiculous attempt in futility. Perhaps retire and just go somewhere to live the rest of your life the way that makes you happy and leave the rest of us out of it, you are not wanted.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Congress is broken because they're all on the take.

Democrat, Republican, it doesn't matter.

They are all on the receiving end of bribes, whether it be from corporate interests, unions, israel supporters, etc etc.

Once the $ is removed, and the standards are set that receiving bribes or taking actions that are counter to the health of this country is a crime punishable by death, you won't see anything change.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

Yup you're right.....it's only the evil, greedy, money hungry republicans that don't want to pay their taxes.

I guess that Charlie Rangel is some how removed from the matter? Remember him, the NY congressman that sat on the taxation committee and was censured (
:lol
because he failed to claim millions in income from his rental properties in the Dominican?

What was really sickening about him was the fact that he was a sitting chair on the committee that wrote the tax law and his excuse was that he didn't know he had to claim that income. Really? Well I think that should have been enough reason to kick his sorry azz out of office, but no, because he is one of the elites he got a slap on the wrist for evading the payment of millions in taxes. I bet Wesley Snipes wishes he had gotten the same favorable treatment as Rangel.

What about John Kerry mooring his family's new $7 million yacht in Rhode Island to evade paying $500,000 in taxes? I gues that was just strategic thinking on his part huh?

Senator Tom Daschle said that " "Make no mistake, tax cheaters cheat us all, and the IRS should enforce our laws to the letter.", however it was discovered just months after he made this statement that he had failed to pay over $100,000 in taxes.

Then there's our very own head of the Treasury Dept Tim Gietner who failed to pay over $100,000 in taxes that he knew he owed, I mean how can the head of the Dept of Treasury not know he owed taxes? But low and behold, he intended to pay those taxes but TurboTax screwed up his return!!!!!!!!!

There's also Spiro Agnew. The only vice president to resign due to criminal charges, Agnew left office in 1973 just ten months before Richard Nixon’s departure would have made him president. Instead, he pleaded “no-contest” to one count of income tax evasion, and, in exchange for his plea and resignation, federal prosecutors dropped a slew of other charges—including accepting bribes, extortion and other instances of government corruption from his time as vice president, Maryland governor, and Baltimore County Executive.

Vern Buchanan is also still under investigation for tax fraud and tax evasion as well as running what has been called a Ponzi scheme by the DoJ for funds management of his numerous car dealerships in Fl. Really I should give him a break though since he is after all a used car salesman and we all know about those.

Missouri Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill admitted that she had failed to pay about $287,000 in back taxes and will sell a private plane to cover her tax bill.

The list just goes on and on.

The first step in fixing this constant Republican vs Democrat arguing is to realize that the 2 party system we are under is in all reality a one party system and is nothing more than a fancy put on of an elaborate "good cop, bad cop" ploy to keep us all fighting and rooting for our "team".

Meanwhile they all sit back and laugh at how stupid we are and at how easy it is for them to manipulate us and keep us preoccupied to ever come together as AMERICANS, not Republicans or Democrats and put a stop to their tyranny and oppression.

If we ever are to have a chance of saving our nation from the clutches of political tyrants we must first stop clinging to the idea of being faithful to political parties and be true to our nation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join