It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Linked to Boston Bombing Suspect Was Unarmed When Shot in Violent Encounter With FBI, Officials

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

thanks for the link, man i thought the list would never end.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I doubt any of us will ever know the real truth here as LEO'S seem to be professional liars. Definitely sounds like a botched interrogation turned into an execution.

Seems the original story had some loose ends or perhaps at least one LEO amongst the culprits was honest or at least unwilling to sacrifice his career for the rest by going along with the original story. Regardless they planted the idea in the heads of the sheeple who have made their decision and moved on.

The modus operandi of today's law enforcement (probably yesterday's too) is lie, lie and lie some more then drag it out until most have forgotten.

edit on 5/31/13 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
The rest of the pictures are coming soon.

Prior to seeing this Russian article I wondered if Ibragim Todashev was really killed. Did they rendition him? Even after seeing all this - I still wonder - is Ibragim Todashev's really dead. All possible witnesses to the crime were cleared from the interrogation and the killer was then left alone with the victim. I counted 7 versions of what took place that night in Ibragim Todashev's private apartment at 2 a.m. How is it even possible that such a thing would take place in such a manner as that? This is a very bizarre situation and an even more strange killing of a witness so we have to be very suspect as to whether or not it really happened at all.

Ibragim Todashev was shot seven times. After 6 shots in the body - Kill shot? Man linked to Tsarnaev took FBI bullet to top of head (PHOTOS) the final shot was right through the top of his scull. Its been said that he 'pushed a table'' towards the agent in anger. And for that he is riddled with bullets. Its no wonder that all of the other police officers (witnesses) were told to leave the room. Is this standard operating procedure for the FBI?

Abdulbaki Todashev, the father of Ibragim Todashev, attending the press conference at the RIA Novosti Agency.(RIA Novosti / Alexander Natruskin)

Lawyer Zaurbek Sadakhanov

From left: lawyer Zaurbek Sadakhanov of the Moscow Interterritorial Bar Association, Abdulbaki Todashev, the father of Ibragim Todashev, and human rights activist Kheda Saratova, head of the Objective independent information and analysis agency, at the RIA press conference on May 30, 2013. (RIA Novosti / Alexander Natruskin)

With girlfriend on vacation

Opening comment

Ibragim Todashev, who was killed by the FBI during a questioning, was shot six times, once in the crown of his head, photos shown at a press conference in Moscow reveal. His father suspects it could have been a kill shot.
“I can show you the photos taken after the killing of my son. I have 16 photographs. I just would like to say that looking at these photos is like being in a movie. I only saw things like that in movies: shooting a person, and then the kill shot. Six shots in the body, one of them in the head,” Abdulbaki Todashev said at the press conference at RIA Novosti news agency in the Russian capital.

edit on 31-5-2013 by Valenz because: my business

edit on 31-5-2013 by Valenz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
So in America, can you only shoot people who have a gun? I lose track of your Gun Ettiquette........

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valenz
I counted 7 versions of what took place that night in Ibragim Todashev's private apartment at 2 a.m.

The ones I read about were...

1. He attacked the agent with a knife
2. He attacked the agent with something, might not have been a knife.
3. He attacked the agent, but may or may not have been unarmed.
4. He attacked the agent with a sword.
5. He was absolutely positively unarmed with any weapon at all.
6. He was absolutely armed with a metal pole, or broomstick (see link at bottom).

also

1. The agent recieved injuries from the knife attack.
2. The agent was stabbed multiple times.
3. The agent knocked his head on the wall.

also

1. Members of three different law enforcement teams were in the room.
2. Members of two law enforcement teams (FBI and police) were in the room.
3. The FBI guy was alone, police had stepped outside.
4. Police were indeed in the room, sending the FBI agent a text message.

also

1. He was questioned for 2 hours.
2. He was questioned for 8 hours.

P.S. And after all that, I spend the first half of this thread having to defend my right to not instantly believe everything the media tell me.

Edit - and after all of that lot, I now read yet another version, from the atlantic

edit on 31-5-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-5-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
THE LATEST VERSION

FBI Agent Distracted by Texting message then Ibragim Todashev overturned a table - threw it at him - and then lunged at the agent with a metal broomstick......it gets more preposterous by the minute.

The details surrounding the shooting of Ibragim Todashev, friend of Boston bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev, continue to be tweaked: Though officials said yesterday that Todashev was unarmed when he was shot, today a slightly different version of the story is emerging:

The New York Times reports that Todashev first knocked an FBI agent to the ground by tossing a table at him, then ran at him with a metal pole (possibly a broomstick) before being shot and killed. The Times cites a senior law enforcement official, and calls his account of the incident "the most detailed to date."
Citing a government official, USA Today reports that Todashev overturned the table, pushed the agent into a wall, and came at him with a pole. In this telling, the metal pole was "about the size of a broom handle." CBS Boston has basically the same story, citing multiple law enforcement officials.
CBS Boston adds the interesting detail that Todashev reportedly flipped the table as the agent looked down to read a text. It was apparently a message from the state trooper who was also in the room; he thought Todashev was growing agitated, and wanted to mention that to the agent without Todashev's knowledge.

All three accounts agree that Todashev ran at the agent again after the first few shots were fired, prompting the agent to shoot again, and that the agent required stitches for his injuries. Meanwhile, Todashev's father Abdulbaki publicized pictures (which have not been authenticated) of his son's dead body, said to have been taken by a friend, and accused the FBI of an "execution-style" killing, the AP reports. He claims Todashev had six gunshot wounds to his torso and one to the back of his head. He maintains his son was "100% unarmed," and says he was "tortured." His theory: "Maybe my son knew something, some information the police did not want to be made public. Maybe they wanted to silence my son."

edit on 31-5-2013 by Valenz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Why was Ibragim Todashev, 27, killed as he was being questioned by the FBI in his Orlando apartment?

1- Was his apartment, 2 - was another Russian's apartment

Todashev allegedly ran at the agent "with a metal pole" that "might have been a broomstick." If he was running with a large object in his hands when killed, how is there any doubt about what the object is?

Are people actually still believing stuff. Has enforcement moved to the Inspector Clouseau stage?
edit on 5/31/2013 by roadgravel because: fix quote

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Valenz

Indeed.
Maybe after a few more revisions and trial balloons, the FBI will have a story that they can stick with?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

P.S. And after all that, I spend the first half of this thread having to defend my right to not instantly believe everything the media tell me.

The media just reports what they are being told by officials in this case, it is the officials that keep changing the story, not the media.

Or are you saying that the discrepancies are caused by bad reporting?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Ibragim Todashev was shot 6 times in the torso and once in the back of the head???

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Tribunal

I've seen a combination of both.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

I am positive that most of the discrepancies are caused by the feds changing the story.

Either that or the media is just completely making stuff up, and didn't talk to any official.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tribunal
Either that or the media is just completely making stuff up, and didn't talk to any official.

So you expect the Washington Post to simply make up a story about such a statement?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Is that what you got from my post, or just being obtuse on purpose?

I obviously don't, that's my point.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

I haven't read through this thread, but have been paying attention to the story, and what I understand is now being said is that the "suspect" grabbed some ceremonial sword with a broken handle and attack an agent with that, so saying that he was unarmed may not be correct.

However, even if this did happen, I don't see how that required shooting him 7 times, including once in the back of the head. There were three or more LEO's there; I'd think they could handle him in some way rather than putting him down like a rampaging chimpanzee. I also can't believe the interviewee would have attempted any such action with three or more LEO's present.

I think

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The girl friend still seems really off to me. There is some thing strange with her. Like how she has been in California ever since she came back to the US. But her boy friend was killed in Florida and that is where his body is. Her mother is in the US military.

And that is not the only strange things about her. How about the boy friend. Every picture she has of him he is wearing the same shirt. Did he ever take it off?

Some thing just seems strange about that to me. She also never had his last name when she said they were married. Now she calls him her boy friend. Then you have her changing her name in Georgia in the United States for no apparent reason? Complete name first and last. Normally only the last name would change when getting married.

And one thing that stands out with all of the people mixed up with these people. Tigers being in there social media accounts picture galleries. And they constantly seem to quote things like the cat relaxes and waits until the moment then they pounce on there prey.

And what about this video posted on her social media account?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

The girl friend still seems really off to me. There is some thing strange with her. Like how she has been in California ever since she came back to the US. But her boy friend was killed in Florida and that is where his body is. Her mother is in the US military.

That's not the girlfriend, that's the estranged wife. The estranged wife has been living in Georgia. She's the one who claimed Todashev's body in Florida and her mother met her there. I think her mother was stationed in Texas? Can't remember, but it's listed somewhere.

ETA: That's a new one. I've never seen his wife call him her boyfriend, unless she's trying to change her image here at the last minute.

ETA: The girl and her mother are Armenian/Ukranian. The mother joined the U.S. Army to try and pave an easier path of citizenship for her kids here.
edit on 31-5-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

A wife who has never had his last name. But she has changed her name in the past in court. and I have not seen a girl friend or wife other than her.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

You don't remember the cute little blonde girlfriend who got picked up by Immigration Services and hasn't been seen since due to an immigration violation? You were the first one to bring her to my attention, but I don't remember her name. The articles just have her listed as his "girlfriend".

ETA: Her name was Tatiana Gruzdeva.
edit on 31-5-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Forgot about Tatiana Gruzdeva. I wonder what happen with her? I never seen any more information on her.

I wonder if ICE still has her locked up some where?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join