It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Linked to Boston Bombing Suspect Was Unarmed When Shot in Violent Encounter With FBI, Officials

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
...The fact that there appears to also be a wound just below the left side of his neck and above his left shoulder blade makes me wonder if they were shooting at him while he was still going down and the final shot ended up on the top of his head.

Almost any postulation (beside the preposterous) someone makes could turn out to be true.
Here's a fact that was gleaned from one of the first threads that surfaced after this incident ( ETA - www.abovetopsecret.com... ) --
One member's friend lived across a pond from the apartment/townhome where this all went down... They reportedly heard 5 shots pulled off quickly and steadily (methodically?), a pause of a couple of seconds (?) and 5 more shots that were pulled off in virtually the same manner.
I asked said member to return with any further detail/s from said friend, but have heard nothing since.

If most/all of that report is accurate - it doesn't seem that the possibility of the deceased acquiring a wound in the top of the head would have come in the manner suggested above.

But again - everything is hearsay and piecemeal at the moment.
edit on 5/30/2013 by WanDash because: a promise is a promise & correction

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

I saw that poster's comments too. One law enforcement officer used the words "contagious fire". If two of the law enforcement officers stepped out and returned after they heard the first round, they might have caught him while he was going down. The next key would be to see the total number of bullets fired.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I tried looking into this yesterday. RT had a story where they quoted the story from the Washington Post. A Russian guy did the story for the Washington Post. RT quickly pulled there story about it. But not until the French News Paper got a hold of it. Agence France-Presse ( AFP ) ran with the story then. Strange thing about that news paper. They were over ran with KGB back in the day. KGB Major Vasili Mitrokhin turned double agent and dumped all the information he had on KGB agents and the operations they had going on around the world.

en.wikipedia.org...

So this story I have to take with a grain of salt because I can't figure out where all the BS is coming from. But this story is full of it. And the original story from the Washington Post even had the apartment wrong in the story. They said the apartment in Orlando belonged to him when it id not. So what else was wrong with the story?

The source of the story.
www.washingtonpost.com... 1a-1a7cdee20287_story.html?tid=pm_pop

Initial reports citing anonymous law-enforcement individuals provided conflicting accounts of what happened. Some law enforcement officials said Todashev wielded a knife and others suggested that he attempted to grab the FBI agent’s gun. One law enforcement official, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation, said Wednesday that Todashev lunged at the agent and overturned a table. But the official said Todashev did not have a gun or a knife. A second official also said Todashev was unarmed.

The writer of the story for the Washington Post.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Peter Finn Staff Writer Peter Finn is a National Security correspondent for The Washington Post. He joined the paper from the Fort Worth Star-Telegram in 1995 and first worked in Virginia for the Metro section. Beginning in 1998, Finn spent 10 years overseas for the paper as the bureau chief in Warsaw, Berlin and then Moscow. He reported on the 1999 war in Kosovo and its aftermath. Following the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks, Finn covered terrorism for the Post, traveling extensively in the Middle East, North Africa, the Persian Gulf, and Pakistan. He was also part of the Post team that covered the invasion of Iraq, and the American occupation. His last overseas assignment was the Russia-Georgia war, and Finn returned to Washington in 2008.

edit on 30-5-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The person they were interviewing was linked to brutal murder of 3 people and linked directly to someone who not only committed an act of terror on US soil, there was a brutal gunfight a few nights later.

This was not a simple Q&A over a few dime bags. He had also assaulted 2 men just two weeks prior. Sorry, but I am surprised they did not all shoot him.

Again, death by cop and end the trail.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Ok. I can see this from both sides. On the surface it looks like an execution. But looking at the scenarios laid out by our LEO friends in this thread I can see that it is possibly self-defense on the FBI's part or death-by-cop. But....I'm having a real hard time getting past 7 bullets. SEVEN bullets? In an apartment complex?

I mean...was he on PCP? I'm pretty sure one or two rounds at that distance would stop someone. SEVEN BULLETS.

ETA: How many bullets are in a clip?
edit on 5/30/13 by Malynn because: More Infoz

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

I can see the point you are making but if a person's friend commits some crime it does not mean the person is guilty just by association and deserves death.

I tend to think he has not been a model citizen, so to speak, and might have been involved in the murders. Guess we won't ever know now.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

The abc page indicates more pages but can't get them.

rt.com...
The rt page goes on to involve the dead man in

[Law enforcement officials, speaking anonymously, claimed Todashev implicated himself and Tsarnaev in connection with a triple murder in Waltham, Massachusetts, on September 11, 2011. On September 12, police found three dead men in a well-kept rental home. Their throats had reportedly been slit and their bodies covered in marijuana. ]

Guess he didn't want to go along quietly as [A samurai sword was in the room, (abc)] and
looking at it didn't bode well perhaps in an attempt to reach it.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

There's so many considerations to take into account. From what I've read, they may have interviewed him for eight hours. Everyone might have been tired, frustrated and frazzled. LEO are in an uncontrolled environment that they're not familiar with. Then all hell breaks loose and a table is overturned knocking an FBI agent backwards. Everything at that point might have just become reactionary.

I'll be curious to see what they come up with.

edit on 30-5-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Table tipped over and he went for swords displayed on the wall.

Sample of wall display.

Evidence boxes being removed from apartment that could hold them.

edit on 30-5-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

I am with you here. Not guilt by association but I am sure the adrenalin in the room as over the top. They were all Alpha's. He made a choice that not to go to prison and succeeded. Sad end again to a story that could have been prevented in the beginning by better intelligence at the top.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I still can't figure out what part of the event this guy is explaining.

I would say the guy in regular jeans would of been a person who was at the scene. He did not get dressed up for the occasion like the rest. He looks like some one working midnight shift to do a interview.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
...The next key would be to see the total number of bullets fired.

My thoughts on it then, were (and still are):
If you're going about your daily business, and suddenly hear shots fired - you weren't anticipating it...such that you would be prepared to "count". You may easily convince yourself that it was gunfire - and be somewhat shocked that it's happening near you...and all of this would add to the confusion...especially if there did "happen to be" two series of shots.
The fact that we're hearing/reading later reports of "more than 5" bullets, does lend credence, however, to the teller's tale. (Doesn't mean it was all accurate - but, I would have expected no more than two or three shots at such close range.)
Again - this is all theory - but - unless the guy went into a maniacal rage...I would think the prevailing objective of law enforcement would have been to simply put a halt to the threat. Even IF he went into a maniacal rage, I would still think law enforcement's general intent to have been to "stop" him -- and not "kill" him.
True - if the situation is such that someone-else is acting in such a manner as to make you fear for your life (and/or that of someone you care for), another level of emotion (or just adrenalin) kicks into gear, whereby you may "overact". And, maybe that's what happened. Still, though, with as many officers as were purportedly present - it does not seem the most plausible scenario.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
I still can't figure out what part of the event this guy is explaining.
...I would say the guy in regular jeans would of been a person who was at the scene. He did not get dressed up for the occasion like the rest. He looks like some one working midnight shift to do a interview.

Would each of the officers at the scene (at the time of the shooting/s) have been required to surrender their weapon/s pending review? Or - is that just on television?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

All good points, but I can't help but think that the guy snapped and threw everyone off guard and into overdrive.

If Todashev being exhausted was the reason he gave for having them come to his place instead of to their office and then they grill him for eight hours on top of it....anything could have happened.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
...Table tipped over and he went for swords displayed on the wall.
Sample of wall display.
...Evidence boxes being removed from apartment that could hold them.

I am assuming your first statement is "speculation"...or taking up one of the scenarios posted by "someone close to the situation"... ...?

As to the "Sample of wall display" -- are you guessing, here? Or, do you have more substantive reason to believe that this picture would be representative of what was present (because of the other picture of them carrying out the nice long slender boxes)?

I thought this apartment/townhome belonged to a friend of his... If that is not the case, the rest of my comment will be moot, as well...
If he was not a/the resident of the townhome/apartment, why would "his stuff" be mounted on the wall.
I know, some have already stated that his family said he owned a "fake" (or - it might have been "toy") samurai sword... What a coincidence (if this isn't moot).

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

His own father is the one who said he was told that his son tried to grab a sword from a wall display. The father added that it was decoration what damage could it do. The wall display I posted is a sample of a display for martial arts swords commonly used.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
his hands were weapons as well as his feet. Mix martial Arts champion he doesn't need a gun to kill people.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Is it typical for the FBI to interview someone that long at their house instead of having them go to their office, either then or a later time.

Just wondering if it was unusual and planned that way.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Todashev's friend, Khusen Taramov, also said that Todashev didn't feel comfortable going to the FBI office.

Todashev thought something was more likely to happen to him there.

edit on 30-5-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Maybe he wanted to be on his own turf for a reason. If the FBI believed he was really involved I would think they could force him to go there. Would'nt having a recording using their fancy equipment be useful in a trial.

I suppose they figured if he said the right things they could arrest him But if he was writing a confession, which one news outlet seemed to imply, that seem like a bad move on the FBI's part.

The outcome seems to support some bad judgement.
edit on 5/30/2013 by roadgravel because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join