It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Linked to Boston Bombing Suspect Was Unarmed When Shot in Violent Encounter With FBI, Officials

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by TorqueyThePig

Yeah, except CAIR's executive director is stating that "senior" FBI sources have confirmed to them that the guy was shot all seven times in the head.

Does anyone else know where the injuries were located? Do they differ from this?
IF this is true it does sound more like an execution,doesn't it?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Tribunal

Again if he owned a sword and during a scuffle, fight, arguement or whatever tried to grab the sword or lunged towards the sword and did not stop when the agent told him to deadly force would be justified. So technically he would be unarmed.

edit on 30-5-2013 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawg61

According to Todashev's own father, during the press conference, he was shot a total of six times. Five shots to the body and one to the crown of the head.

edit on 30-5-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
They just reported this on FOX News.
They claim that the family has the autopsy reports showing he was shot seven times. Including once in the back of the head.

Really? The back of the head? That's an execution.

Also, two civil liberty unions are calling for an official investigation. Sounds like this is gonna gain traction. If someone breaks into your home you are not allowed to shoot them in the back. Why? Cuz it shows they were trying to leave, meaning they weren't a threat.

So how do police justify shooting someone seven times, including the back of the head?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

It was the crown of the head. The link I posted earlier from Reuters showed a pic that the father presented during the press conference.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TorqueyThePig
reply to post by roadgravel

That is a good point. Maybe it's like a poster said before. He knew he was going to be tied to something serious so he said screw it and exited this world.

It's possible he was more familiar with how the KGB operate or he didn't know what rights he had. Maybe he didn't realize he could tell them the talk was over and leave. They may even have told him he had to keep talking with them.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tribunal
One source said he was unarmed when he was shot. One source said that he owned a sword. They didn't say he was armed with a sword when he was shot. Just that he owned one.

I suggest you get new glasses and read it again. Same link I gave back on page 1.

...when he suddenly attacked an agent with a sword.
...the agent looked up to see Todashev waving in his direction what was described as a Banzai ceremonial sword.

This is why I was saying that OP's news report, and also the news report of him being "unarmed" cannot be both correct.
Media make mistakes. Officials mislead media.

All I've said all along is that taking one second hand usage of the word "unarmed", when it contradicts a previous story, should not be taken as gospel 100 percent truth.

One of them had to be wrong.

edit on 30-5-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by JayinAR

It was the crown of the head. The link I posted earlier from Reuters showed a pic that the father presented during the press conference.

Sounds like a coup de grace shot to me.

Ron Brown (Commerce Secretary) was said to have suffered a bullet wound in the top of his head when he 'died in a plane crash'.
edit on 30-5-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

"make up"? No. Make mistakes? Yes. All media outlets do. Especially if "officials" mislead them. You think those two scenarios have never happened?

Mistake? Misled? Like the reporter mistook a random bum for an official, or like the official actually said he was armed but the reporter misunderstood and reported the opposite?

Please alfalfa.

And just as a side note, when did ATS users start getting all defensive about the MSM, supporting every single word they say and getting angry if anyone questions them? Did I not get the memo about the change of heart?

Am I representing the whole of ATS? You are obviously playing tactics now.

At least you do seem to differentiate yourself from ATS users.

A bit of a Freudian slip?

You are not an ATS user?

You don't say.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

The fact that there appears to also be a wound just below the left side of his neck and above his left shoulder blade makes me wonder if they were shooting at him while he was still going down and the final shot ended up on the top of his head.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

It is a possibility.
For an entrance or exit wound to be on the top half of the skull would indicate a prone or nearly prone victim.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Took the words right out of my head. Star for you.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Or somebody who is sitting in a chair. Just sayin'

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by Tribunal
One source said he was unarmed when he was shot. One source said that he owned a sword. They didn't say he was armed with a sword when he was shot. Just that he owned one.

I suggest you get new glasses and read it again. Same link I gave back on page 1.

...when he suddenly attacked an agent with a sword.
...the agent looked up to see Todashev waving in his direction what was described as a Banzai ceremonial sword.

This is why I was saying that OP's news report, and also the news report of him being "unarmed" cannot be both correct.
Media make mistakes. Officials mislead media.

All I've said all along is that taking one second hand usage of the word "unarmed", when it contradicts a previous story, should not be taken as gospel 100 percent truth.

One of them had to be wrong.

edit on 30-5-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

You were right in this case, I apologize for my mistake. I misinterpreted your words about him "having"a sword. My bad.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Tribunal

If they were going to go for a weapon to hack/shoot me up and I gave a clear order to stop?

You bet.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Obviously, I would even consider this "armed". But they now specifically say he wasn't armed, and say nothing about going for a weapon.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

The scenario you spelled out does seem plausible. Hopefully, someone from the FBI reads this thread and takes it and runs with it....j/k.

We'll probably never know what happened, but the amount of confusion and death surrounding this investigation right from the start really makes you think something is amiss.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

Or somebody who is sitting in a chair. Just sayin'

It would need to be a recliner, I think.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Now one reporter is stating that during the press conference, Todashev's father claims there were seven gunshot wounds. Six to the torso and one to the head.

Personally, from the pictures, I saw two on the front of his torso, one towards the back of his neck and one on his head. It looks like maybe they cut open his left arm too, but it doesn't look like the same kind of wound as the others.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
That's a pretty logical scenario....plus it fits the typical cop modus operandi.

Cop starts slapping the guy, guy pulls an MMA move and brings cop down, cop shoots guy.

Howz about we take guns away from cops? They seem to be the most homicidal members of our society.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join