It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

72 Year-Old-Man Shot Dead By Trigger Happy Cops In His Own Garage

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

(Victim)72-Year-Old Jerry Waller above, pictured on right.

Kathy Waller said she and her husband, Jerry, noticed bright lights from outside their bedroom window at about 1 a.m. Tuesday.

He grabbed a .38-caliber pistol and went outside to see what was going on.

"He probably thought it was a group of yuckos out there or something messing around," she said.

It was police responding to a burglar alarm, which wasn't at their house, but across the street.

"I'm just curious as hell how it happened," she said. "I heard he was shot six times in the chest by a Glock, I guess, or whatever the police use. I'm disgusted."

Kathy Waller said she would like more answers from police.

"Married 46 years and somebody gets a little trigger happy and away they go, you know," she said.

It was unclear why the officers were behind the Waller home because the call was at a neighbor's directly across the street.

Source

When will we see any true justice when it comes to "law enforcement"? If it had been any other person who "mis-understandingly" shot this guy, he'd be locked up in a heart beat.

Living that much of a life to be riddled with bullet holes, dead, on your own property... This is disgusting, we need reform, or a revolution.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by StoicMystic

Living that much of a life to be riddled with bullet holes, dead, on your own property... This is disgusting, we need reform, or a revolution.

There really has been just too much of this sort of thing going on regarding the reckless behaviors of some law enforcement and their bad decisions.

Seriously I think a revolution may happen sooner than we think; if reform does not happen now.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Update on that story will be he pulled on cops. The usual.

Give up your guns though people they're just here to protect you. /sarcasm

Eta: waiting for the if he didn't have a gun this wouldn't of happened excuse. No this wouldn't of happened if cops weren't trespassing on his property and respected his second amendment. He can have a firearm on his person on his property all he wants.
edit on 29-5-2013 by Isittruee because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-5-2013 by Isittruee because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by StoicMystic

Both LEOs were green to start with...

Then, throw in they were at the wrong house, to include being in the backyard without making their presence known...

And he was shot multiple times...Johnny Law may end up being the cause of the next revolution rather than government. Who would have thought..?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by StoicMystic

Reform .. . .. .. . ?

How in the hell do you reduce the number of Acts of Retardation.. ... . .?

It is Shear Stupidity and it is becoming common place in All Local, State, And Federal Governments.. It is Pathetic. Do you think they have any clue at all that they just shortened Kathy's Life Expectancy?

It is so disheartening to read articles like this. I would call it Negligent Homicide at a minimum and Shear Negligence at best.

There needs to be consequences for all involved. However, I will suspect that they may very well call it an "Honest Mistake".

It is too bad that a law suite could in No way compensate her for her loss and their disregard to detail for Not verifying the address.

Its a Damn Shame.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Sad. This is becoming more and more common as of late. There have always been stories of Cops who took things too far, but more and more cases of unjustified (before they change the story for their benefit) use of lethal force are becoming increasingly prevalent. Not to mention incompetence in general. The fact that they continue to get away with it more often than not (which I'm reasonably sure that they will in this case as well) is maddening. Whatever happend to justice in this country?

Don't answer that. I believe we all know the answer to that question. Of course, that's not to say that all LEO's are corrupt, trigger happy, incompetent, idiots. But the good one's seem to be becoming the minority.

My thoughts go out to this man's family.
edit on 30-5-2013 by Lunarian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
18 year old Marine infantrymen were more disciplined 45 years ago than cops are today.... As stressed out as we were, we took to identify a target as not being friendly before taking it out even if it meant letting them fire first.....I knew a few Dallas police officers that retired from the force after 30 years and never drew their weapon.... It must be the steroids these young guys are using to be more intimidating causing them to be so irrational.. Too many tragedies like this are occurring way too often.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

Steroids.. maybe, I actually pray it'd be something other than them actually having no regard for human life deep down. They are more like animals now.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Sooner or later everyone is going to get tired of this kind of BS. Why people are afraid to speak up/out is beyond me. There needs to be finger pointing and accountability in the US (and around the world). A hundred years ago (hell, even up till the 80's) people were not sitting around letting this happen on the regular.

The world needs an uprising...show these figures with "power" who really has the control.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
If only this had been a gun free zone!

Oh wait... it wasn't a gun free zone...

If only this man had had a gun, he could have defended himself and prevented this unnecessary death!

Oh wait... he did have a gun...

Gee, looks like the usual slogans aren't working.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I hate to say it but would this guy have been shot if he hadn't gone out there with a gun in his hand? It's easy enough to blame the cops but if you were in their position searching an area for a suspected burglar and you suddenly came across a man with a gun in his hand, what would you do?

What if this old guy came out with a gun and found someone on his property other than police? Would he have opened fire? It could then have turned out to be a neighbour out searching for his missing dog. Would the neighbour have deserved to die for trespassing?

I know there are major cultural differences on this subject between the US and many other countries but if this was in the UK, the victim would have been unarmed, told to get on the ground and searched. It's like the fact that a high percentage of stab victims in the UK are stabbed with their own knives. If you are armed in any way, you stand a higher chance of being killed in self-defence. I don't expect Americans to change their opinions on guns and respect their right to bear arms however, they need to respect that they are deadly weapons and take lives in a flash whether it be a cop, burglar, murderer, child or pregnant woman. Once that trigger is pulled, there is no going back.
edit on 30-5-2013 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
If anyone comes across whether or not these two rookie cops were former military, please let me know. Just something I'm keeping track of.

Also, don't they generally pair a rookie with a training officer? Both these cops were rookies?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Seems like cops get into some ridiculous tunnel vision trap where the only people in the world are themselves and the mythical "bad guy" they are allegedly looking for.

The rest of the world falls back into simply being set props and no other people are expected or allowed to be present. Like a game. Just them, the target and a bunch of NPC's that only there for atmosphere.

Then something moves and they react like frightened monkeys.

It's never their fault of course. It's our fault we exist. It's our fault they're at the wrong address. It's our fault we wondered what that noise outside was. It's our fault we want to protect ourselves.

The sickest part is that if the cops werent in their little costumes the old guy may have had the drop on them but thanks to their little costumes the old guy may have very well thought he was safe and held back his reaction at the sight of "friendlies." Notice the cops didnt hold back.

Maybe we should have funny little costumes too?
edit on 30-5-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari
If only this had been a gun free zone!

Oh wait... it wasn't a gun free zone...

If only this man had had a gun, he could have defended himself and prevented this unnecessary death!

Oh wait... he did have a gun...

Gee, looks like the usual slogans aren't working.

Gee you think this may not have happened if the cops had been at the right house? Nice to see you left this out of your anti gun rant.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
I hate to say it but would this guy have been shot if he hadn't gone out there with a gun in his hand? It's easy enough to blame the cops but if you were in their position searching an area for a suspected burglar and you suddenly came across a man with a gun in his hand, what would you do?

I would've done EXACTLY what they should be trained to do. EXACTLY what I've even seen them do in movies. It's quite simple.

Point your gun at them, and yell out "Freeze!!! This is the Police!!! Slowly put down your weapon, or we will be forced to open fire!!!"

While you're yelling that, hopefully everyone else will utilize what they are supposed to be trained for, and scope out the entire situation. I've never gone to police academy, but one of my cousins is a police officer in Missouri, another cousin a prison guard in Colorado, and even though I'm more of a hermit, my family is very social, and know many retired police officers. I've talked to them before regarding things like this. That, up there, is what they're supposed to be trained to do.

Not this.

*BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG*

"Ah shi-, we got the wrong address. Oops."

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
30 years ago i locked myself out the house and a neighbor saw my legs go through the bedroom window. A few minutes later i walked out the garage and had 5 cops with their guns trained on me. Today i think i would be dead instead of just having to change my underwear.

Kudos to the Miami Shores police department back then.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

The revolution, It has already started,

abcnews.go.com...

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Historically there is no real meaningful reform without revolution. We like to think that we humans are reasonable creatures that can do the right thing because its the "right thing", but we're not. We ONLY do what's right under the threat of violence. Period.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Americans have no right to their life.

The cops will get promoted and this family won't get squat for this poor old man getting assassinated.

No cops ever get fired for assassinating innocent people. They get promoted, medals.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
That's why I think it's funny that Americans want to have guns to protect themselves against the government from getting too big and powerful.

If you shoot a cop, there will be 10 there to kill you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join