It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

72 Year-Old-Man Shot Dead By Trigger Happy Cops In His Own Garage

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

this incident leads me to think VP Biden may have been correct.

tresspassers on private property, don't open the door, shoot through it and let the criminals fall where they may.
who cares how they're dressed.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Sources tell CBS 11 News the officer who fired the shots is eight-month rookie Hoeppner, son of a retired captain who was in charge of training for Fort Worth police.

Hoeppner was one of two officers who were the first at the scene. The other officer, believed to be the nephew of a Fort Worth police lieutenant, did not fire his gun.

The CBS 11 I-Team obtained state documents showing officer Richard Hoeppner was certified as a peace officer in October of 2012. Despite only being on the job for eight months, Hoeppner was no stranger to the Fort Worth Police Department. His father, Capt. Richard A. Hoeppner had been with the department for 25 years before recently retiring. Capt. Hoeppner’s last job with the department was training new cadets.

Officer Benjamin Hanlon, Hoeppner’s partner early Tuesday morning was also an eight-month rookie. He graduated and joined Fort Worth PD at the same time as Hoeppner.

dfw.cbslocal.com...

Wonder why each of these officers wasn't paired with a more experienced officer.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Simple, they don't care.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I see what you just did there...

Yeah, sometimes nepotism happens and it can be bad.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join