It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video from inside a Tornado Intercept Vehicle Hit By Wedge Tornado in Kansas

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
That's insane! Ive always been fascinated by tornados, and remember when these guys first started with their car project! They've come along way.
Surprised the Feds havent bought a few of these

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
wtf is this the top s%f thread on ats atm :O

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom

Originally posted by alfa1

Was wondering why that car didnt get flung over in the wind.
Apparently they call it their "TIV2".

Was only when I went looking for a picture of it, that it answered my first question...

I want one! I wonder what kind of gas mileage it gets? Does it come in Candyapple Red or British Racing Green?

Sorry, Black and Jewish racing gold only.

Something about the primer coat.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Plumbduff

Amazing footage, you'd have to be crazy to chase tornadoes! Even that 'tornado buster' tank would not last in a really big tornado I suspect. One thing that I find curious, as the camera is inside the cab with them, you can see the dash, why would they let it drop down towards the end, missing the 'coming out the other side' view? Strange mistake to make for professional storm chasers.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The guys who shot this video are lucky to be alive. Others will try to repeat this stunt and won't be so lucky. Only real scientist should go anywhere near a tornado. Not thrill seekers.

edit on 31-5-2013 by Cyberspy because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-5-2013 by Cyberspy because: typo

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jayman9
reply to post by Plumbduff

Even that 'tornado buster' tank would not last in a really big tornado I suspect.

The video description says the wind speeds were anywhere from 150 to 175 mph, until the tornado ripped the instruments off of the top of the vehicle.

An EF4 isn't a small tornado.
Scale

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by smarterthanyou

You sure about that. You get the whole ear pooping thing when the pressure changes suddenly and your body/ear has to adjust, it does not necessarily have to mean that the pressure is getting lower it just means its changing in temperance to what your body is currently or used to. If you go diving and if you dive far enough you don't even need equipment or anything or really go all that deep, do it at the beach or a lake I do it every year or when i go swimming, and I get the same thing happening as when in a airplane, in fact more so usually. So ya! I think you get the same sort of ear popping feeling as the pressure increases as well as decreases.

And if you got cars and trees flying by at 150 miles per hour then I don't think the pressure is as low as all that. Isn't that what a tornado is anyways? Low pressure meets high pressure and you got yourself a tango, it would be a combination of both depending me thinks, depending on were exactly in the tornado you happen to be at a particular time as its passing over. I suppose only one way to find out, need to get me one of them cars and drive in a tornado, see what happens. You know for science sake.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
praying for people in OKC. breaking news on global vancouver. Very scary.

edit: posted in wrong thread. sorry.

edit on 31-5-2013 by phoenixlights321 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

The guys who shot this video are lucky to be alive. Others will try to repeat this stunt and won't be so lucky. Only real scientist should go anywhere near a tornado. Not thrill seekers.

I'm sorry, but that's a ridiculous notion Clearly their vehicle was made for this. They -were- advancing science by virtue of their efforts. Perhaps they are not accredited scientists, but they do do this for perhaps thrills, but also for data and research. There are few scientists in such vehicles in front of tornadoes.. will be a long time before you will see that.

And who are you or anyone to tell someone they shouldn't do what they want? Free country.. America.. heard of it? Such daring and bravery is what MADE this country. Don't be such a hater.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

As a spotter for more than 20 years and a first responder I say this...these guys were not advancing anything but themselves....they were trying to get awesome footage...thats it....they tried to outrun the tornado..and lost.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by okiecowboy
reply to post by fleabit

As a spotter for more than 20 years and a first responder I say this...these guys were not advancing anything but themselves....they were trying to get awesome footage...thats it....they tried to outrun the tornado..and lost.

That vehicle was built to go inside a tornado, they were not trying to outrun anything, they were trying to catch it, and they did.

Sean's footage has had scientific value in the past and will have value in the future.

The Weather channel had a stock Suburban tossed 200 yards yesterday, now those guys should have known better.

The TIV also has a science pack of instruments to get internal readings.
edit on 1-6-2013 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Storm chasing,

because football, baseball and basketball only take one ball.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join