It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple question re: homosexuality

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
reply to post by boymonkey74

Unfortunately, it seems that teaching kids to tolerate others is not the way it is done these days.

Too may people afraid that their kids will catch the gay virus.

we seem to be contagious,

the world through Media, Religion Etc continues to give reasons to hate someone and something,

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime

Unfortunately, it seems that teaching kids to tolerate others is not the way it is done these days.

the world through Media, Religion Etc continues to give reasons to hate someone and something,
Its frightening, really. With all of the gay friends I have, gay co-workers, gay family....its a miracle I havent caught it

I must be have a really good immunity.
edit on 30-5-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Everyone;

I see noting funny about the fact that some of you cant be bothered to see the wrongs in our society so long as it doesnt directly effect them.

That's not true, I never said the problems didn't matter at all. My point was that this thread has gotten blown out of whack, and it bothers me that this issue gets more attention than homeless people or starving children.

Great. Perhaps those groups should organize and demand it. Using this as a defense is kind of like saying "well, lots of people have been the victim of genocide, so current genocides dont matter".

I wasn't implying that. I just mean that this issue is too touchy, and that is an obvious fact. I think humanity on a whole needs to organize its proorities first. Feed the hungry and shelter the homeless, THEN debate about gay rights.

No question about it. That doesnt make it any less impactful on the people that it directly effects.

Gotcha

But you are. You downplay its importance. You say it should be a non issue. Its easy to say such things, when you are not the one being effected.

I think it should be secondary to primary issues. Life and death issues, I mean.

"Gay controversy crap". 'nuff said.

Gay controversy seems like crap compared to bigger issues. Sorry.

So then everyone should just shut up and take it when their rights are trampled on?

Never said that. Again, I think there are much bigger issues in the world than gay rights.

That was my only implication.

edit on 30-5-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SQUEALER

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
[
I'm curious - what do you think of priests and congregations that are happy to have gay members - and perform marriage ceremonies?
edit on 5/30/2013 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

Gay member is a different thing, from marrying gays.

Remember, Jesus hung around with the sinners. They are the ones needing to hear the message. So Gay members are welcome. What is not welcome, is changing the message to suit the gays. You come to the Church for spiritual guidance. You don't come to impose your views on the Church. If the Church changes its message to suit you, what are you learning from the Church? You're the teacher.

According to your Bibles everyone is a sinner... So which denominational message and Church would that be that hasn't been changes already to suit its sinners? Considering there are reportedly over 40,000 variants of Christian churches each with its own interpretations/messages for their sinners... eg see list in link

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

That's not true, I never said the problems didn't matter at all. My point was that this thread has gotten blown out of whack, and it bothers me that this issue gets more attention than homeless people or starving children.
Really? A direct quote, from you:

Wake up. Gay controversy is NOT a real issue.

And another one:

this gay controversy crap

Your words give you away.

I think it should be secondary to primary issues. Life and death issues, I mean.
And? It doesnt have to matter to you. Claiming it should be a non-issue for all, though, is a very different thing.

Gay controversy seems like crap compared to bigger issues. Sorry.
Dont apologize, just own it.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Your words give you away.

And? I'm sorry, but it doesn't seem important to me in the least bit. Are you honestly gonna tell me that gay rights are more important than the hungry and homeless?

I don't think humanity has the right to bicker over these trivial things while we still have people dying.

That isn't fair to anyone.

And? It doesnt have to matter to you. Claiming it should be a non-issue for all, though, is a very different thing.

It doesn't have to be a non-issue. But it SHOULD be secondary to life-and-death morality-humanity issues.

Dont apologize, just own it.

Owned.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Its frightening, really. With all of the gay friends I have, gay co-workers, gay family....its a miracle I havent caught it

I must be have a really good immunity.

i hope i'm not contagious over the internet, i may have infected everyone on this post!

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

You can infect me anytime baby

OMG you have

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

And? I'm sorry, but it doesn't seem important to me in the least bit. Are you honestly gonna tell me that gay rights are more important than the hungry and homeless?
You're backtracking. You said they werent a real issue. Now you are saying they are less of an issue.

The truth is, like I have already said, that to those that have spent their lives in hiding, or oppressed, it is as big an issue as there is. Just like it would be to you is someone said you couldnt marry the person you loved. Or that you have to be excluded from the benefits that come with it because of something completely outside your control (hair color maybe).

As I already said, its easy to sit and say its not big deal, when it doesnt effect you in any way.

I don't think humanity has the right to bicker over these trivial things while we still have people dying.
I dont think some shmo has any right to tell me what should or shouldnt be important to me....go figure.

That isn't fair to anyone.
But saying "well, you have to deal with being discriminated against because someone, somewhere is dying" is fair? Come on now, this is just silly.

It doesn't have to be a non-issue. But it SHOULD be secondary to life-and-death morality-humanity issues.
Tell me that you dont really think it is up to you to decide what should or shouldnt be important to other people. Yikes. Just yikes.

Owned
Naw, you are still trying to justify and mask your bigotry. You havent owned anything.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

You can infect me anytime baby

OMG you have

Mission accomplished, one person at a time! soon the demoralization of the world will be ours!!

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

The sad thing is some in this thread will think that is the "Gay agenda"

BTW it isn't people we are having a giggle.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Oh the shade of it all!

they already do, we have been accused of demoralization, birth defects, halting reproduction, stopping religion,

the power they give us

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Oh the shade of it all!

they already do, we have been accused of demoralization, birth defects, halting reproduction, stopping religion,

the power they give us

Don't forget that we are as powerful as mother nature too. We have also been accused of causing all sorts of erosion.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

[
I'm curious - what do you think of priests and congregations that are happy to have gay members - and perform marriage ceremonies?

Remember, Jesus hung around with the sinners. They are the ones needing to hear the message. So Gay members are welcome. What is not welcome, is changing the message to suit the gays. You come to the Church for spiritual guidance. You don't come to impose your views on the Church. If the Church changes its message to suit you, what are you learning from the Church? You're the teacher.

So now it is up to you to tell the church it is wrong if they want to be more inclusive?

I think the pope is doing a fine job.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by markosity1973

Oh the shade of it all!

the power they give us

Don't forget that we are as powerful as mother nature too. We have also been accused of causing all sorts of erosion.

Indeed, likewise on this thread, we caused the tornado with a pride parade

we are being given power equal to certain deities

throughout the hardships of my life you must be able to "smile even though your heart is breaking"

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

So to rule the world all I need is a big gay army?

Wonderful !!!!! hot pants and glitter all round lol

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

It is a violation of your rights for any business, or church, to refuse service based on, race, sexual orientation etc.

The Federal Civil Rights Act guarantees all people the right to "full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation, without discrimination or segregation on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin."

And again discrimination is not protected under free speech...

On the other hand, a California court decided that a restaurant owner could not refuse to seat a gay couple in a semi-private booth where the restaurant policy was to only seat two people of opposite sexes in such booths. There was no legitimate business reason for the refusal of service, and so the discrimination was arbitrary and unlawful.

www.legalzoom.com...

Allowing public services to simply deny access to anyone they want is what happened before Human rights laws were enacted. Private property when used for business, or public service, is not like your personal home, you can't just arbitrarily decide who you serve.

Denying someone service is not an expression of your free speech, it is discrimination, period.

What twisted logic some people have to justify hate, amazing...

Churches are exempt from the Civil Rights Act, as they are not places of public accommodation if they are solely used as places of worship. This isn't really hard to understand.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

The truth is, like I have already said, that to those that have spent their lives in hiding, or oppressed, it is as big an issue as there is. Just like it would be to you is someone said you couldnt marry the person you loved. Or that you have to be excluded from the benefits that come with it because of something completely outside your control (hair color maybe).

Yes. It sucks. But homeless and hungry seems worse to me.

I dont think some shmo has any right to tell me what should or shouldnt be important to me....go figure.

Like I said; Are you REALLY going to tell me gay controversy is more important than the starving and homeless?

But saying "well, you have to deal with being discriminated against because someone, somewhere is dying" is fair? Come on now, this is just silly.

Who said that? I'm just saying starvation and homelessness is a bigger problem.

Tell me that you dont really think it is up to you to decide what should or shouldnt be important to other people. Yikes. Just yikes.

Again. Are you really gonna tell me gay controversy is more important than starving and homelessness?

Yikes.

Naw, you are still trying to justify and mask your bigotry. You havent owned anything.

Yep. You got me.

I'm a HUGE bigot.

Because I pity the world, because its full of people who'd rather whine and argue over the internet about gay controversy rather than feed the hungry, shelter the homeless, or open some eyes.

I find that pathetic. And yeah, it figures that I'm labeled a bigot for it.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

And yet you have the right to bicker over what other people can bicker about?

Aren't there people dying somewhere that you should be saving?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

[

So now it is up to you to tell the church it is wrong if they want to be more inclusive?

I think the pope is doing a fine job.

You mean the pope that has been implicated in abductions and murder in a bloody war? THAT pope?

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join