It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My friends and I saw Lights over Vancouver Island last night (external video)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

they do look like Chinese lanterns,
Just odd how many there were, how bright they were, and two separate, huge batches. It must have been quite an event, In keeping with ATS though I think they are most likely alien Chinese lanterns.
You know, reverse psychology and such

edit on 27-5-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I also think it's lanterns, the way they move, reminds me of those I've seen

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
OMG It's... It's... Neighbor's Christmas lights. Bad hoax.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
OMG It's... It's... Neighbor's Christmas lights. Bad hoax.

Christmas lights that move?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by phoenixlights321

No, a camera that moves. You've never seen the Christmas lights that fade in and out?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Yes, a camera can move, but that would make all of the lights move in the same direction. For example, in this vid, there are times when one of the lights is moving more than the other ones. Moving a camera won't do that.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555
These could have been flares, though I heard no aircraft. Also could have been Chinese lanterns but they appeared suddenly in the sky. (twice over 20 minutes between 10:30/11:00pm pacific.
I've lived here for ten years and haven't see this type of thing before. Definitely pretty. The pic doesn't show the fact that there were around twenty of these "orbs" in the sky at a time, not sure if the video that I'm uploading will show the true amount either.
Here's a still from the vid taken:

Here's where my tripod was set up (exactly) looking towards where the lights appeared:
(lights were above and behind the power line visible)

Here's a map showing the aprox (from what I could tell) area and distance from us (a few of us saw it)

Heres a map (blurry) of the area of Vancouver Island the lights were seen:

Mufon case # 47648

Video (some mild language so won't imbed)
-and I'm sorry as hell if it seems to do the shaky/blurry thing (jeez some folks just suck at night time ufo video filming)

www.youtube.com...

So that's it,
was really cool, my first authentic ATS weirdness thread.

Probably terrestrial, will update if I get more info.

edit on 26-5-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

V. I. Home of the Seeahtiks. Multiple points of light are far better than just one. and adding a healthy desciption of your observation is a big plus but,,,,,,,,, it is hard to call them anything but points of light. Seriously you might get away with strange points of light. But you can be sure you'll be asked to define what constitutes strangeness
in relation to a point of light. In the end one can only appreciate your ambition to convey what you saw accurately
from your description.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join