It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My friends and I saw Lights over Vancouver Island last night (external video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
These could have been flares, though I heard no aircraft. Also could have been Chinese lanterns but they appeared suddenly in the sky. (twice over 20 minutes between 10:30/11:00pm pacific.
I've lived here for ten years and haven't see this type of thing before. Definitely pretty. The pic doesn't show the fact that there were around twenty of these "orbs" in the sky at a time, not sure if the video that I'm uploading will show the true amount either.
Here's a still from the vid taken:

Here's where my tripod was set up (exactly) looking towards where the lights appeared:
(lights were above and behind the power line visible)

Here's a map showing the aprox (from what I could tell) area and distance from us (a few of us saw it)

Heres a map (blurry) of the area of Vancouver Island the lights were seen:

Mufon case # 47648

Video (some mild language so won't imbed)
-and I'm sorry as hell if it seems to do the shaky/blurry thing (jeez some folks just suck at night time ufo video filming)

www.youtube.com...

So that's it,
was really cool, my first authentic ATS weirdness thread.

Probably terrestrial, will update if I get more info.

edit on 26-5-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

Pretty interesting still photo. I'm quite familiar with the area. I have always wondered if maybe a lot of UFO sightings in particular areas are actually earth lights that seem to be seen just before earthquake activity.
I'm wondering if this is the case here. I'm wondering if you heard any sounds related to the lights at all or did you notice any specific movement or did they just appear then disappear?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Very interesting, i just bought a boat docked in Campbell River...
i will keep an eye out for such....
They pic sure doesnt look like anything natural i can think of....
will you post the vid?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mark1167

We were sitting in the Batcave (gargage/man cave) and they were there. went upstairs grabbed my tripod and missed them. They were gone. Was hoping they'd come back so was keeping an eye on that part of the sky. Then they were back, so was able to go outside and get a bit of a vid out of it. (my first youtube upload lol.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Very interesting, i just bought a boat docked in Campbell River...
i will keep an eye out for such....
They pic sure doesnt look like anything natural i can think of....
will you post the vid?

vid link is there, not embedded. Happy fishing, btw the lights were due west. around Mcgiver lake.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The lights almost look like CGI. Since they're rising from the ground, they could be Chinese lanterns if the lights are real.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Here is the video:

Is it just me or did they change from red to white in unison?
edit on 26-5-2013 by jimmysinger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

What's odd is that I look through the window (pic) every day for years and that's a first. (vid was taken outside)
I've sent out feelers on FB to see if I can get down to the bottom of it. Wish there was a "Chinese Lantern Society" that I could call for any confirmation on launches last night. lol.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
"Wtf is that eh?" well we know the person recording is indeed Canadian
. I live on the Island too neat to see something ery here for a change, thanks for vid.

Edit: Is it possible for you to add the location (Campbell River) on the video itself for sharing purposes thanks.
edit on 26-5-2013 by cass1dy09 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
The lights almost look like CGI. Since they're rising from the ground, they could be Chinese lanterns if the lights are real.

I'd agree with that, there's no landmark to compare the lights with either

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Check for any light shows, parachutists to have been performed that day. Or is it close to a military base. Good for having both pictures and video.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I just did some searching around Google. There appear to be several festivities going on around Vancouver Island this weekend, so those could be Chinese lanterns rising from the ground at any of the happenings going on.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ImpactoR

There is a military base South in Comox, and a small airport about 40 kilometers from where these lights were. I'll take a pic of the actual vantage point (daylight) instead of my living room pic. Post it shortly. (still no FB feed back)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Edited the starting post with actual vantage point. I know night vids sux and I cringe when I have to watch them myself lol.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
This is interesting, guess this isn't the first time "orbs" have been skittering about the outskirts of this town.

Again, looks like lanterns, albeit some are very high when compared to the power lines. Still waiting on FB to see if anyone was at any events last night and know what these were.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
britishcolumbiaufos. blogspot. com has good posts from BC residents on UFO sightings.

I'm guessing due to the high volumes (record year for Canada), the creator of the site has stopped posting new sightings.

Do check it out if anyone is interested in old sightings in BC area.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I just messaged the local newspaper/site. Asked them if there was anything going on or if anyone had any info. Also sent a link to the video. Gonna get to the bottom of this hopefully. Will have my camera ready tonight, maybe they'll appear again!

Also I just realized from watching the original, I made the mistake of using the "enhance" function YT has. I thought it might brighten things up but it basically blacked out everything....
The un enhanced one shows way more.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The Vancouver Sun newspaper has a columnist working on them too....Jon somebody i think...
We have been getting a fair share of them.
I took a shotof a red light the flew in a straight line up the channel between van isl and the mainland,it got about level with Comox and just shot back south again like nothing ive seen before...

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Here's a link to the un-"enhanced" version that shows much more
Language warning.

Its not blacked out.
note to self: YT enhance option blocks stuff out.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

That video looks better. You can clearly see those are rising up from the ground. I'm still going with Chinese lanters on this one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join