It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is heaven really perfect?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I don't think there is anything afterlife.Heaven or Hell are the product of our deeds and actions during the lifetime....If we are a good,decent,caring,loving human being we will usually end up living in a fulfilling,fruitful life,in a paradise if you will.And if we are miserable,lying,immoral,greedy and selfish person we will most likely end up living in hell....You can say it either way,, god has nothing to do or everything to do with that....I think the last ten years of our lives is the reward of all our actions during our whole life.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by FreeThinkerbychoice

Hey! I'm a free thinker by choice too, so that's at least one thing we have in common. I actually am an outside the box thinker. Read any of my other posts and you'd find that out.

Hey there im sorry if i came across a bit harsh, im sure you were asking a hypothetical question in the first place. Be sure that it was not a personal attack by any means, I respect a human beings beliefs as long as it does not damage them personally by any means. Belief is about empowerment and not supression. Good things fellow free thinker

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
i`ve thought about these and one very troubling thing comes to my mind - that there could be exactly NOTHING after death. That the consciousness/soul will disappear and thats it, no one in the universe would care anymore. For me such thoughts are quite depressing so i try not to think much about those things anymore and despite all the doubts i`ll just optimistically keep believing that my soul will go to some kind of parallel, better universe and it will be fine.

Oh and whats also possible - assuming the Bible was written by ancient people that encountered aliens or ''Gods'', maybe these ''gods'' just told us that there will be a better afterlife so the earthlings dont become too depressed by knowing that they will have to die eventually and keep living ''properly'' hoping to go to paradise after death... something like telling an obviously dying man that 'everything will be fine' .. its just complicated

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Latvietis96
i`ve thought about these and one very troubling thing comes to my mind - that there could be exactly NOTHING after death.

This is not possible.

You cannot suddenly become intelligent.

It takes a long time for anything to develop any kind of complexity.

Given the short human lifespan, and very advanced nature of the individual intelligence relative to the other creatures we see about us, we have to conclude that our individual intelligence must have had a long time to develop and mature into what we are today. That means we must be re-incarnating again and again to develop that intellect.

We shed our physical bodies, we discard our secondary memories, and we come back with our primary memories, which are our instinctive intelligence, and walk the earth experiencing new dramas to continue to grow and develop.

According to the bible, it takes 14 generations, for the crop of humans to flower and blossom, and the current crop of souls to ripen for the harvest.

edit on 27-5-2013 by SQUEALER because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
That is the problem with heaven or any utopia, as everyone has different perspectives on what this perfect society should be like. Since this is the case, everyone would have to be modified in some way (remove negative emotions, erase certain memories, etc) in order for it all to work out.
Either that or everyone in heaven has their own little flawless world where all their dreams come true, that way everyone is happy. Of course you could argue that then it would be an imperfect system since everyone has to be changed to suit that place's needs or have their own separate "home" to live out their pleasures and joys.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

In All my years traveling around the World, study with all the great mystics, learn and understand Religion, I've come to the conclusion, that in Heaven there are no acronyms!

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
just imagine reincarnation is real. it may well be. you have hundreds of ex partners/wives. a great percentage of them were christians, say 20. now you're in heaven and 20 ex's are there with you. what will be your attitude? what will be there attitude? "ahh, so you slept with all those people!?"

but really, as heaven is a concept in your mind, along with anthropomorphic images of god and all sorts of holy books, does it exist at all? the love for your son or daughter expressed thru your personality whilst alive is only possible if you identify with your body and mind, which we all do. if your consciousness is released from the physical body i wonder if it would still be concerned.
after all, primarily we are aware of our existence. this is the only immutable fact. upon awakening from sleep all these mryiad thoughts arise as to who we are called, what our job is, what preferences or dislikes we have, what/who our beliefs, name, health, children/partners etcetera are. in a moment we are literally sucked in to that identity. were we to embrace that micro second of peace upon awakening and extend it before desire set in again, heaven would not concern us.
the whole idea of an almighty god preserving some and burning others is an immature ill thought out bundle of nonsense. it is ego driven. which human parent would give eternal suffering to their children for misbehaviour or disrespect. and if this god is really almighty then he knows who will not respect him, knows who will commit "sin", because god designed humans in the first place and supplied all there distasteful habits. he had to, because he was the prime source of all. its time christians had an indepth study of their own holy book.
just bare in mind that god, heaven, hell and everything imaginable is a concept of your mind. so, to the OP, your question appears hypothetical.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join