It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange trail across night sky in north west England (lancashire)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

No idea what it could be other than a nighttime chemtrail illuminated by the moon LOL

How about a contrail illuminated by the moon..

What makes it a chemtrail?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I'm in the midlands in the UK so not quite as far North a you but I did go out and have a look at the night sky after midnight last night before hitting the sack as the solar wind was running close to 700 km/s as Earth is/was travelling through the wake of a recent CME.

There was a massive full moon and very wispy high cloud illuminated by the full moon (though the brighter stars were still visible through it). The cloud looked high altitude and wind driven so you may have just seen this lit up by the full moon as it was blown about and dispersed.

Didn't get any aurora on my camera, too far south and a full moon doesn't help. Even tried an exposure of a minute and only captured the wispy cloud and stars mentioned above.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I noticed a couple of these at the end of last month over Saltburn on the other side of the country, looked as though they were following/traveling with something leaving regular con trails, this was in daylight and it almost looked like a shadow contrail.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus
Lunar contrail shadow?

Source: twitpic.com...

It was sort of like that except huge in size

i40.tinypic.com...

there's a quick photoshop job. What was strange apart from its size was that rather than dispersing and blending into the sky as you (well me anyway) might expect, it slowly tightened up and become slimmer in size, holding its shape

Might have just been a contrail at the right distance and direction mixed with the right lighting and background (full and yellow moon against a cloudy sky), might well have been a rare cloud formation, it grabbed my attention either way

The photoshop job doesn't really do it justice

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
reply to post by Bilk22

No idea what it could be other than a nighttime chemtrail illuminated by the moon LOL

It was the other way around though, black/dark on a lighter sky background, rather than a light trail on a darker background. Hence why it sort of stumped me because the trails left by planes are usually white or grey even at night

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by UNIT76

And I'm really not all that bothered about "harassment" from imbeciles. I'm not claiming to have seen an alien running across my lawn, or to have had big foot round for dinner, what I'm reporting is really rather dull and unadventurous. I made the post, and drawing, in the hopes that some scientifically minded members might be kind enough to give a possible explanation for the phenomena I'm describing. It seems odd for plane or cloud to leave such a harsh and large trail across the night sky, but then I don't study clouds, or planes.

..so any scientifically minded "imbecile" who responded would have spent more time typing than you did drawing..

if you took that kind of sketch to the police, "this is the man who robbed me, officer!" would you expect to be treated any different?

just draw a better diagram if you want some serious feedback.. ask your neighbors today if any of them saw it and photographed it..

I'm really not understanding your hostility. Being robbed and going to the police is serious business, a slightly unusual trail in the sky and a conspiracy forum isn't, no matter how high an opinion you might have of yourself. I saw something unusual across the sky, I made a thread with a (crude) representation and explanation, curious if anybody might have an idea based on my description. That's it. Yet for one reason or another you're treating me as if I'm on here trying to dupe people and waste time with wild and fanciful stories.

It's a laughable drawing understood, but so what? I don't need to create an uber complex photoshop manipulation or photographic images to describe a huge black trail extending across the night sky. You can read, you have an imagination, no? A few members - and they're obviously smarter than yourself - have effectively understood what I've described.

What gets me is that if I didn't spend 2 minutes in MS Paint, if I instead posted only written account, I'd have received much less flak.

Get over yourself.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandStrategy

It's the shadow from the contrail. If you look at contrails during the day, and then look over in the direction the sun is shining down, you'll see a black "anti-contrail" that matches exactly to the contrail. It's just a shadow of the contrail. If there is a smooth cirrostratus layer under the contrail (that you can't always see because it's so thin), the contrail will leave a shadow across the sky.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
reply to post by Bilk22

Yeah that too

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: GrandStrategy
Here's a crude drawing of what I can see from outside my window

i42.tinypic.com...

The sky is a cloud covered dullish grey/blue with a yellowish full moon tonight, but as the moon has risen through the sky it's illuminate a massive dark grey/black outine across the sky which is notably darker than the clouds, odd enough to get my attention and make me create a crap drawing and post a thread

The dark grey thick line running across the sky I can't quite workout whether it's in front of the clouds or in fact whether it's cut through the clouds, although looking at it, it looks more like something has cut through the clouds (but there's no stars visible so I doubt it)

anyone have an idea what it might be from my rubbish drawing... anyone in the north (around the pennines more specifically) see the same thing?

can't recall seeing anything like it, anyone have an explanation? conspiracy or otherwise. I'd be very surprised if it was a cloud given the fact this thing covers the sky right down to the hilltops

as I write this it's somewhat dispersed and isn't as pronounced as it was ten-twenty mins ago

Just saw exactly this while I was walking my dog 20 minutes ago. Found this thread while trying to figure out what I saw... lol the drawing is actually pretty accurate. The only difference is the line was in the opposite direction than what is pictured. It's windy here and no planes are flying this late or in these weather conditions, so not a trail. It was gone by the time I went inside to get my camera.
edit on 31-8-2018 by StealthDelta because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join