It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange trail across night sky in north west England (lancashire)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Here's a crude drawing of what I can see from outside my window

i42.tinypic.com...

The sky is a cloud covered dullish grey/blue with a yellowish full moon tonight, but as the moon has risen through the sky it's illuminate a massive dark grey/black outine across the sky which is notably darker than the clouds, odd enough to get my attention and make me create a crap drawing and post a thread

The dark grey thick line running across the sky I can't quite workout whether it's in front of the clouds or in fact whether it's cut through the clouds, although looking at it, it looks more like something has cut through the clouds (but there's no stars visible so I doubt it)

anyone have an idea what it might be from my rubbish drawing... anyone in the north (around the pennines more specifically) see the same thing?

can't recall seeing anything like it, anyone have an explanation? conspiracy or otherwise. I'd be very surprised if it was a cloud given the fact this thing covers the sky right down to the hilltops

as I write this it's somewhat dispersed and isn't as pronounced as it was ten-twenty mins ago

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
WTF?

about 6 months ago my dad and i saw some lights in the sky, they came down and did a gigantic loop-de-loop (about 6 times) across 2 or 3 suburbs...and i DIDN'T HAVE MY CAMERA

..i don't make posts about it.
..i don't make 'drawings' about it.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandStrategy

Hmmm... God took the night off and let his grandchild armed with a blue crayon take his place tonight

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Maybe you could give us a crude photo?

I'll bet someone here could explain it, and expect some serous harassment for that drawing....

edit on 25-5-2013 by terriblyvexed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Who said MS Paint was useless?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by StarsInDust

And the games begin I'll checking up on this, it's going to get hilarious!

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by terriblyvexed
Maybe you could give us a crude photo?

I'll bet someone here could explain it, and expect some serous harassment for that drawing....

edit on 25-5-2013 by terriblyvexed because: (no reason given)

I don't have a camera to take a photo unfortunately.

And I'm really not all that bothered about "harassment" from imbeciles. I'm not claiming to have seen an alien running across my lawn, or to have had big foot round for dinner, what I'm reporting is really rather dull and unadventurous. I made the post, and drawing, in the hopes that some scientifically minded members might be kind enough to give a possible explanation for the phenomena I'm describing. It seems odd for plane or cloud to leave such a harsh and large trail across the night sky, but then I don't study clouds, or planes.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

So there is clouds, there is no blue out there, clouds white in the moonlight or dark? Is it fluffy or stormy clouds?I saw a large wide swoosh through the clouds the day before yesterday, made a path lighter colored then the clouds, My husband said it was from the wind, i don't know!

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

So there is clouds, there is no blue out there, clouds white in the moonlight or dark? Is it fluffy or stormy clouds?I saw a large wide swoosh through the clouds the day before yesterday, made a path lighter colored then the clouds, My husband said it was from the wind, i don't know!

The sky was like that basically, except with a huge, black trail running right across on an angle(down behind the hills), and the trail had unusually pronounced edges

It could have been a trail left behind a plane which looked impressive because of a trick of light, or a gap in the clouds because of wind maybe?

Anyway it's not dispersed but has tightened up and now the trail is still there but much thinner than it was

Probably a silly thread, might not be explaining it sufficiently without images

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Lunar contrail shadow?

Source: twitpic.com...

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrandStrategy

Anyway it's not dispersed but has tightened up and now the trail is still there but much thinner than it was

That is unusual, if it was a trail from a plane it should be getting wider. Is it looking thinner because more cloud is forming in front of it? Is there a ring around the moon and it has cut through it?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

And I'm really not all that bothered about "harassment" from imbeciles. I'm not claiming to have seen an alien running across my lawn, or to have had big foot round for dinner, what I'm reporting is really rather dull and unadventurous. I made the post, and drawing, in the hopes that some scientifically minded members might be kind enough to give a possible explanation for the phenomena I'm describing. It seems odd for plane or cloud to leave such a harsh and large trail across the night sky, but then I don't study clouds, or planes.

..so any scientifically minded "imbecile" who responded would have spent more time typing than you did drawing..

if you took that kind of sketch to the police, "this is the man who robbed me, officer!" would you expect to be treated any different?

just draw a better diagram if you want some serious feedback.. ask your neighbors today if any of them saw it and photographed it..

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Just stay at home tonight if possible. Fill you're gas up and buy some extra food and water. Weird things are happening in the US and Canada.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

Anything supernatural or strange going on in CA? Amy in NC

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Awesome.

From what I can tell, THAT IS NO ROCK.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Apollo7

Care to elaborate? Weird things like high winds, a low flying passenger plane, waking up to a hard frost this morning with everything covered in white? Southwestern Ontario here. Should not be this cold.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apollo7
reply to post by Uncinus

Anything supernatural or strange going on in CA? Amy in NC

No. And I bet you $5 nothing will.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Well I like your rubbish drawing so I gave you a s&f for it! I also quoted your post so everyone can see the rubbish drawing again
No idea what it could be other than a nighttime chemtrail illuminated by the moon LOL

Originally posted by GrandStrategy
Here's a crude drawing of what I can see from outside my window

i42.tinypic.com...

The sky is a cloud covered dullish grey/blue with a yellowish full moon tonight, but as the moon has risen through the sky it's illuminate a massive dark grey/black outine across the sky which is notably darker than the clouds, odd enough to get my attention and make me create a crap drawing and post a thread

The dark grey thick line running across the sky I can't quite workout whether it's in front of the clouds or in fact whether it's cut through the clouds, although looking at it, it looks more like something has cut through the clouds (but there's no stars visible so I doubt it)

anyone have an idea what it might be from my rubbish drawing... anyone in the north (around the pennines more specifically) see the same thing?

can't recall seeing anything like it, anyone have an explanation? conspiracy or otherwise. I'd be very surprised if it was a cloud given the fact this thing covers the sky right down to the hilltops

as I write this it's somewhat dispersed and isn't as pronounced as it was ten-twenty mins ago

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I will tailor my explaination to match the clarity of your illustration.

Here it goes..........scribble scribble line line color line scribble. I hope this help!

edit on 25-5-2013 by grubblesnert because: spellin'

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatnext21
reply to post by Apollo7

Care to elaborate? Weird things like high winds, a low flying passenger plane, waking up to a hard frost this morning with everything covered in white? Southwestern Ontario here. Should not be this cold.
Hey things change. If the climate stayed constant and never changed Ontario would still be undernath miles of Glacier.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join