It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

29 New Jersey Resteraunts caught selling rubbing alcohol

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Hendrick99

Hendrick99, have you tried your namesake gin?
It's called Hendrick's and it' s made in Scotland. It's known for it's distinct taste of rose petals and cucumber amongst other more typical gin botanicals.

Here's a fantastic recipe that showcases it.

Hot Charlotte
Created by Murray Stenson Seattle, WA
1.5 oz Hendricks gin
.75 oz lemon
.75 oz St Germain
2-5 dashes of tabasco sauce.
Muddled cucumber.

Muddle cucumber, add ingredients, shake hard, strain into a glass of fresh ice. Drink.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redwhiteandblue
Read the post carefully.. 29 were under investigation only 1 was selling rubbing alcohol... Fix the title idiot

Delete you are right.

edit on 25-5-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
reply to post by muzzleflash

Since we're on the subject....though you might like to know you have a namesake cocktail out there.

MuzzleFlash
Created by Eric Carlson of Bastille restaurant Seattle, WA
1.5 oz Bourbon
.5 oz Grapefruit
.5 oz Lemon
.5 oz. Cocchi Americano
.25 oz Cinnamon syrup
2 dashes of Angostura bitters
1 dash of Laphroig(peaty Islay Scotch.
Orange twist for garnish

Shake shake shake, strain into chilled cocktail glass.

I find this cocktail works best when rubbing alcohol is NOT substituted for any of the other ingredients.

Oh dude that is awesome!
Thanks for the heads up.
Gonna see how I taste sometime soon.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

There is a premium brand I'm familiar with that I suspect does this. But myself, and most the people I know that are connoisseurs, all think it tastes like cheap garbage. We don't buy it.

The types of people buying that brand all like to show it off, and do so thinking it's a status symbol. Maybe that's who they're targeting in their marketing ploy. It doesn't work on everyone though...

Side note:

There are three vodkas I enjoy. One is a regular cost, a medium cost and a premium cost. I like each three for various reasons. But I'd say the regular cost one is nearly as good as the other two. Not many people drink it however, because it doesn't have pop culture appeal.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
shoenice drank a whole bottle and was fine.

if you think this is a joke, then check out his other 350 videos of eating CRAZY stuff, beyond human consumption.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Beartracker16

It is all about the money; kind of sad is it not?

I would not be surprised if studies in other states reveal similar results.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Well if the stores at issue are all owned/run by the same franchisee I don't really think TGI Fridays is to blame (automatically). Even if they were run by different folks I don't think you should be blaming corporate. To me that's like blaming QFC (Kroger) for one store having an awful manager that changes the dates on the milk (albeit more serious).

Agreed Domo. My point wasn't that the corporation is, or should be automatically blamed. In fact, my guess is they aren't even involved. I have no problem believing this is at the franchise level. My point is, TGIF has a vested interest in maintaining good public relations, and therefore cannot be objective in an investigation. A conflict of interest, in other words.

Always good to see your posts in a thread. See you around.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bbracken677

Originally posted by Klassified

I say publish every damn one of them by name, address, and phone number. Why are these criminals being protected?

I believe it is called "innocent until proven guilty" in a court of law.

Agreed. However, if you and I were in business, and had pulled these shenanigans. How long do you think they would keep us anonymous? I'll answer that for you. They wouldn't. I've seen it firsthand. More than once. They are coddling these franchises. Something they would not do for you and I.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
bump

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join