It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

29 New Jersey Resteraunts caught selling rubbing alcohol

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

29 New Jersey Resteraunts caught selling rubbing alcohol

news.ca.msn.com

29 restaurants including TGI Fridays were caught selling rubbing alcohol and charging premium prices
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The depths that some people will stoop to to bilk a trusting public has reached a new low.
Imagine going to your favorite restaurant and discovering they have been cheating you all along.
I hope those involved are dealt with harshly.
Link:
news.ca.msn.com...

news.ca.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+24 more 
posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Or going to your favorite restaurant and having to go to the hospital and ending up blind. Really! That stuff is poison, and people should be going to jail.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Beartracker16

harshly! i'm sure the rubbing alcohol tasted harsh!!!
lmao

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!!
Shut Em Down!!!

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Oh good lord.... and it's coming up on lunch time, too.

What do they mean.....

State officials would not say what establishment used the rubbing alcohol or which one used dirty water, or water not from a tap. They said no health issues were reported.

Not to be too graphic...but when the term 'water' is used away from a source which involves a proper tap, all kinds of possibilities come to mind, and none of them ever among those which should end up in a liquor bottle.

Wow.... That buzz people felt wasn't from the pleasant dinner drink. It was just the onset of mild poison reaction. What a happy thought! I'd say it's time to test ALL of them before anyone else drinks poison or grossly unhealthy filler added...to be kind about tapless water. ugh

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Wow, so it's not just dinghy little bars on a remote indonesian island that are selling methanol for premium prices and then all whistling in the distance when someone dies from it.

In a country where they make their own rocket fuel out of the local fruits and to spice it up a little they add a slosh of metho, it's not really unexpected.

But in NJ ??
I can't read any of the linked articles as I'm not logging into a M$ account just to read the news, so they can stick their logons and tracking and shenanigans.

I'd be wondering if the places were local owned or under new ownership... or I'd be checking into any history of illness from their establishments.

man.. it's not that hard to distil your own hooch. why the hell would they need to put rubbing alcohol in anything. intentional poisoning, attempted murder..

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Oh that's just disturbing. And to think Fridays has always been one of my favorites. I've been noticing a downward trend in the food quality there lately though. I never have mixed drinks there only beer but I guess it's possible they could be cutting that too. Idk, I'd like to think I could tell.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

All 15 Fridays are owned by the same group, Briad Restaurant Group I think it was.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
Wow, so it's not just dinghy little bars on a remote indonesian island that are selling methanol for premium prices and then all whistling in the distance when someone dies from it.

In a country where they make their own rocket fuel out of the local fruits and to spice it up a little they add a slosh of metho, it's not really unexpected.

But in NJ ??
I can't read any of the linked articles as I'm not logging into a M$ account just to read the news, so they can stick their logons and tracking and shenanigans.

I'd be wondering if the places were local owned or under new ownership... or I'd be checking into any history of illness from their establishments.

man.. it's not that hard to distil your own hooch. why the hell would they need to put rubbing alcohol in anything. intentional poisoning, attempted murder..

Yeah I read that too this week. At the end of the day, small businesses have had their hands forced into doing these ridiculous things so I can't really give them all the blame; Taxes, rent and business rates are going through the roof at an unprecedented rate, all the more reason to stay at home and prepare your own meals and drinks, be aware of what you are putting into your own body.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I don't think people know how far things have come. Our food and drinks are all compromised in the name of $$. The industries are expected to produce a profit and that is all that matters. here they are poisoning people and having them pay for it!

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

But in NJ ??

My personal opinion is, it is because they don't care about anyone anymore. With no oversight pink slime filled with ammonia and meat glues is our new food , flavor and colors that hid the true nature of what we are getting in the restaurant and stores most are even legal!

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
what next pet donkeys and humans in the food chain eh thats happened
its like going back to the 1930s prohabition when they last did that o well bottoms up

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

The establishments face suspensions of their liquor licenses and possible revocations if there are enough violations.

That's it? How about something a tad more befitting of the crime? Maybe they need to drink their own cocktails for starters.

TGI Fridays Inc. said it was conducting its own investigation, working with the franchisee that owns the 13 restaurants cited, The Briad Group.

Isn't that like our government investigating itself. I think we know the end results of that investigation.

Briad, based in Livingston, said it "takes great pride in the quality of food and drink" served at its TGI Fridays franchises and was troubled and surprised by the allegations.

You mean you were troubled and surprised you were caught? Damn the luck!

"We want every assurance possible that our guests can continue to feel confident in the great food and drink they order at our T.G.I. Friday's restaurants," said Rick Barbrick, president of The Briad Restaurant Group.

Now you get to pull your pants back up, and spend all that extra money you made fighting litigation and lawsuits.

State officials would not say what establishment used the rubbing alcohol or which one used dirty water, or water not from a tap. They said no health issues were reported.

I say publish every damn one of them by name, address, and phone number. Why are these criminals being protected?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skada
Or going to your favorite restaurant and having to go to the hospital and ending up blind. Really! That stuff is poison, and people should be going to jail.

To jail ? Noo thats a waste of taxpayers money. They should be forced to drink what they sold to the customers .. Even thou I do not agree with the punishment system in the arabic countries, they do have a few good ideas sometimes.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Could this explain the low IQs of the Jersey Shore cast?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Attempted Murder
Wreckless Endangerment
Conspiracy (13! Franchises?)

Has anyone noticed that what we are ingesting isn't remotely digestable? Horses. Pink Stuff. Rubbing Alcohol. Mmmmmmm

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I would expect this kind of thing in DELAWARE...but Jersey?!?
No, I take back what I said...I can believe it...good thing I cant afford their overpriced drinks anyway.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I ate in TGIF Once about 12 years ago. I remember the pasta was literally swimming in grease, covered in salt, and the juice I had seemed to have excess sugar in it.

I thought maybe I just picked a bad spot, so I returned there(different location) when on a date and she suggested it. Ordered something else, and again swimming in grease, covered in salt, and our alcohol-mixed drinks also had a strange taste to it.

I have NEVER ever returned to TGIF since those 2 times, just like I avoid all fast food like the plague.

And now this news comes out and honestly I'm not surprised

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join