It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Memory of My Mom Who Just Passed...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
This is difficult to write as my mom just passed about an hour ago. I am 4000 miles away and couldn't get there in time even if I had tried. She had lung problems, developed pneumonia, went into a coma and died. All before I could even breathe.

My sister kept me updated throughout the few hours we had.

I lost my dad a couple of years ago and now her, my most favorite person in this World. Many will ask why I am writing this and it's quite simple.

My wife is in shock and lighting candles as I write this. We are alone and I feel I have to write this at this moment to share her with so many friends I have made on this site and to mark this moment if only for me.

I have written many times that my mom was my hero. She was in so many ways. I can't type too much right now but I would just ask for a minute of anyone's life to share at this time.

Bye Mom. I'll miss you. You were my guiding light and hero. You were an incredible Mom and Grandma to all of us,,,

She was that little old lady sitting in the back pew of her Church, playing her tambourine, singing terribly and loving everyone.

This is for her.

All my Love...

Lance

edit on 24-5-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing with us Jude.

Personally my deepest thoughts go out to you and your loved ones in this time of great sadness and loss of your mother.

I am many many miles away from those in my family that i love and care for and have also lost family members and not been able to be there, so i can deeply sympathise with you and understand exactly how you feel...

I just remember all the good times we had together.

Many kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 24-5-2013 by Rodinus because: Word added

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Loosing your mother has to be incredibly hard, my sympathy for your pain jude. My deepest most sincere sympathy, thankfully you have your wife to comfort you.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Dear jude1,

I am so sorry for your pain and loss. My thoughts go out to you and your family.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
i lost mine a few months after 9/11 and wasn't with her, 6000 miles away, so i understand your loss all too clearly. all i can tell you is that the pain does subside eventually *hug* now, 12 odd years later, i can smile and giggle over some of the memories we made, and appreciate the fact that she's hugely responsible for the person i am today.. .she'd be proud.. as i'm sure your mum would be too.

deepest sympathies for your loss today, i'll be thinking of you and sending you good vibes x

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Thank you to all.

I'm sorry if I can't reply right now. It's just that I had to post to spill. My wife and I are alone and the closest people I consider friends are here.

Thank you,

Peace

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

You always have friends here...

My sympathies brother...

Know that shes in a far better place

Much love

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I'm so sorry!!!

You're mom sounded like a sweet, beautiful woman!

What a wonderful tribute you made to her on ATS.

She is with you now.

Again, my sympathies.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I'm so sorry you have to endure this. You might not see it right away but she lives in you. When you ask "What would Mom do?" You'll mysteriously have the answer ALWAYS. Even on ideas and concepts that didn't exist in her time. It's not possible without her presence within.

Lots of love to you and others who'll miss her. I miss her, too, in your heartbreak. My deepest condolences to you and yours.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Very sorry to hear and sending my regards. Don't feel alone there's a lot of us out there who know this pain and who can offer help. Reflecting on memories is most of what we can do to keep loved ones who passed with us. Depending on your beliefs they are with us always, while not in an earthly form, guiding us. Know that you should give yourself as much time to grieve as needed and in balance occupy your mind in positive energy and the memories you shared.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I am very sorry for your loss.
As you travel that roller coaster of feelings and memories of the past, make sure you linger on the ones that make you smile.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Kindest regards and deepest sympathies towards you, friend.

I couldn't possibly fathom what it'd be like, I hope you and your wife are doing okay and manage to find solace in the near future.

Losing a loved one is hard, a parent, who unconditionally loved you and raised you.. I couldn't imagine.

She will be sleeping well with the angels in the stars tonight; she has finally made it home.

Cheers, brother, and may you find your light in this time of extreme darkness.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I am very sorry for your loss.

She is with you and she will always be.

It is of highly importance to always remember those who are not with us ,and to never forget their lives ,to keep their memory alive always and forever.

My deepest condolences to you.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Oh Jude...

I am so sorry for your loss.

Thank you for extending your hand out to us here on ATS... we're extending our hands back out to you.

Give that beautiful wife of yours a big hug and don't let go until the morning.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I'm so sorry for your loss!
What a wonderful Mother she must have been,
to have raised a kind, loving, thoughtful son like you!
What a perfect tribute to a Mother, to have a son that speaks so highly of her!
I can only hope that one of my kids will say something half as nice about me someday!

What is it about May? I know so many people who died in May.
It used to be my favorite month. Until my Mom & Dad picked it!
They died two & a half days apart. Both unexpectedly.
Everyone that knew them was dumbfounded! It's not supposed to happen that way!

Then four years later my brother was killed in a car accident. (His real name was Jude!)
I don't know what people without strong faith do to get through the rough patches?
It's the only thing that kept our family going!

That, & wonderful, subtle & not so subtle signs. Watch for them!
Did she have a favorite bird, flower or song? You may see/hear them a lot.

We were amazed at the things that happened after.
And still sometimes, around the anniversary of their death or their birthdays.
Even now, 17 years later! Though not as often as before.

It's like they give us little signs of their love to keep us strong!
I hope she sends you a lot of them!
You are very lucky to have shared such a wonderful, special love!!!
Always here if you need to talk!
WOQ

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I feel for ya mate. All I can say is the pain and sadness will dull over time. You'll find also that as time goes on, you'll now and then remember the nice things that you did in the past with your mum. Let yourself enjoy her memories

Cheers
steve

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I lost my mom back in 2007. (cancer). I was 18 at the time.

In the final days, Mom was at our home, along with a nurse from the hospital.

My dad picked me up from school that day and we were pulling into our driveway. Me and my Dad decided to grab some food before we got home, which took a few minutes out of our usual drive home.

As we were pulling in, my grandma stepped out onto the driveway. When me and my Dad were getting out of the car, she said, "She passed away a few minutes ago."

....... I don't know how I can put this into words. Horrible, painful, ect.....sometimes there's no word for emotions we feel in times like these.
edit on 24-5-2013 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
sincere condolences ... even though she is no longer in this world .. she watches over you from the next ... and will always live on in your heart and memories ....

lit some joss sticks and asked the buddha's to help her and you ... namo amitabha...

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

So sorry jude1 my prayers are for you and your family and i hope they help the pain a bit

Even though you feel far away a mothers love is always right next to you.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Very sorry to hear of this Jude. I lost my dad last September and like your mother was someone I truly looked up to and respected. No words can be of help right now I know. I'm sure she was a very special person who left a truly fine son to carry on. My heartfelt sympathies to you and your family at this time.

ATA
edit on 24-5-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join