It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electronics Conspiracy - Techno geeks ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

Planned obsolescence is no new theory and has accelerated in the last 20 years.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyingclaydisk

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
reply to post by FosterVS

Planned obsolescence is no new theory and has accelerated in the last 20 years.

Yeah, even for humans...sorta' like Obamacare, huh?

I am a sucker for political talk...but this isn't the time nor place and has nothing to do with the OP.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Fair enough. Let's move on.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyingclaydisk

Since it is the board revision and you can see the different quality, specs, etc. of the board level components, I think I would photograph the boards and differences, take them into something like Photoshop and put big yellow arrows on them showing exactly the different revision numbers, identify the part differences, etc. and send them to Eaton's engineering department and prove to them that you know there is different revisions and that ALL your failures keep coming up the same Revision #2 boards and that you want to know what the difference is, and/or you want replacements with later revisions (not Rev. #2) or you will start contacting other users on the issue. It might push them to get you the boards that work, or acknowledge there is a common failure point, even if they don't do a recall. They should remove all Revision #2 boards from their inventory.

This isn't on topic, but I had a problem with a mfg. truck that air bags failed on in crashes. My friend worked at a collision repair shop and when they took apart my truck, they had every step on video and showed the failure of the air bags, which turned out to be a clock-spring in the steering column that separated by the thousandth's in the collision failing to trigger the air bag. But, the mfg. denied there was a problem. After sending said video to the mfg and the NHTSA, there was a major recall of a couple different lines to correct the issue.

It sounds to me like you have a mfg. that is in denial as you say and they need to see that the people dealing with these problems are FULLY aware and have proof in hand. The photos and a nice letter might be the factor to force them to admit a problem, or more likely to magically discover a problem with the Revision #2 boards and offer replacement cards. Once they are called to task and they know that you know, it becomes a problem for them to later claim they had no knowledge of it in a court case. Their lawyers would probably advise them to quietly appease any clients with bad boards. Just a thought. I would probably do something like that. You could go further, putting pics out on the net in forums that their clients are likely discussing your industry issues at, and maybe there will be some collaborative effort with other clients that are having the same problems as you are to get their attention. They probably haven't really had anyone call them out with photographs before. From what you say, the board revision does make value changes in the component level parts. Someone, in their engineering office made those changes. They probably are used to what we always called 'parts changers' going out changing boards and not actual E.T.'s or Engineers analyzing the component level. And, the people you order from or communicate with may not know there are revised boards. It wouldn't be the first time a big corporation didn't tell the tech support and order people what was going on in the shop.

edit on 23/5/13 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
This is of another issue I had, but you can see that we had a fiber cut and the cable was not in the utility right of way. I had to force the issue and I had many photos edited and the company responsible fixed it at no charge. You could do the same with a board.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit_horse

I've had these issues once albeit on a different type of UPS system. There are several reasons why this can be happening and though I usually don't mind helping out other sparkies for free, I am unemployed at the moment and can use the income. I have Ten years international experience as an E-tech and can help solve your problem. My going rate $100.00 USD per hour.

I will however consider a flat fee of $1000.00 with guarantee of fixing the problem or no payment. I can remote troubleshoot the problem from here. I will need web cam visual confirmation of the issues and web cam visual confirmation that the problem has been solved.

Care to try?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. D
reply to post by spirit_horse

I've had these issues once albeit on a different type of UPS system. There are several reasons why this can be happening and though I usually don't mind helping out other sparkies for free, I am unemployed at the moment and can use the income. I have Ten years international experience as an E-tech and can help solve your problem. My going rate $100.00 USD per hour.

I will however consider a flat fee of $1000.00 with guarantee of fixing the problem or no payment. I can remote troubleshoot the problem from here. I will need web cam visual confirmation of the issues and web cam visual confirmation that the problem has been solved.

Care to try?

This reply was intended for the Flyingclaydisk poster

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join