It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IDF unit shoots at Syrian post in retaliation for gunfire

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Sorry sir.

Yes sir... press tv is wrong. They are Iranians.... they can never be right, sir.
Im sorry sir... I didn't mean to offend you sir... please forgive me sir.
Sir... I forgot that lowly goyim like me exist to serve the chosen people / master race, sir.

Please forgive me Sir.I will not express my opinions against you chosen ones anymore. Sir.

edit on 21-5-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

Did you even read the article??????

The Syrian Post had fired on Israeli Units the previous TWO NIGHTS. Only after the THIRD attack on an IDF Jeep, did they respond. Since all three attacks happened in the same area, Israel took out the post.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
You are correct, Israel conducted air strikes in Syrian territory, several times. Whether Israeli strikes came first or fire from Syria by rebels or Assad forces - is not clear. Though Israeli actions had much more impact.
Btw,
rt.com...
One can add that Israel bombed what it called Syrian reactor years ago so it predates current conflict and then we can go all the way to 1947 to count who started first.
What is clear is that there are powerful forces behind rebels trying to overthrow Assad ,but i cant see what Israel would gain out of it so why it should get involved beyond protecting its interests?
Contrary to ATS popular opinion, relationship between Israel and Russia as far as i know are pretty good. Russia buys lots of things from Israel, including military products. Russian military ship recently visited Israel. It is so far from Cold War that it makes no sense for Israel to try and block Russian influence in Syria.
Only benefit for Israel is if it is going to strike Iran,it might be a bit easier without Assad.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Well, assuming we deal with Syria the same way we've dealt with Iraq and Libya there's going to be a humanitarian crisis in the region, right on Israels doorstep, they might be taking a few actions here and there to give them a credible pretense for filling the Syrian border with troops before the bombs start falling and the refugees start swarming.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Israeli military units on Syrian land is a huge deal and basically could pan out to a act of war. However these hit and run attacks have been going back and fourth for a while.

My guess it's just a retaliation for the airstrike a week or two ago.

-SAP-

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
they always find cute videos to justify their..

unnecessary, unjustified, excessive, illegal....

actions!

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

The Syrian Post had fired on Israeli Units the previous TWO NIGHTS. Only after the THIRD attack on an IDF Jeep, did they respond. Since all three attacks happened in the same area, Israel took out the post.

Israel bombed Syrian territory even before all this happened.... so Israel will be seen as the aggressors.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

reply to post by pavil

Israel bombed Syrian territory even before all this happened.... so Israel will be seen as the aggressors.

...And Syria attacked Israel first on May 14th, 1948...And why and how did Israel take over the Golan Heights?? Both sides love to hate the other, so it seems, but Syria's an angel, right?

So Israel should have let Syria arm Hezbollah with advanced Missiles and just hope for the best right? Last I read, Syria was in a Civil War (at least that's what we call it) maybe, just maybe they should keep all the arms for themselves. Looks like they will need them. It was stupid of a Syrian post to fire three days in a row (that's being the Aggressor in this engagement. First ones to fire on the other unit). Israel just taught them yet another lesson in what proportional response means to the Israeli's. I'm surprised that's all Israel did to Syria. You poke the Jewish Tiger with a tiny stick at your own risk.The Assad family has never grasped that concept, it would continue to appear. You would have thought baby Assad would have got the message when Israeli Jets buzzed his Presidential compound on the coast when he was there awhile back.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

...And Syria attacked Israel first on May 14th, 1948...And why and how did Israel take over the Golan Heights?? Both sides love to hate the other, so it seems, but Syria's an angel, right?

If you want to go back that far in history, then Israel started it by moving in to the middle east in the first place.
Israel is, by default, the aggressor. Had they all stayed in Europe or wherever else they came from, we wouldn't be seeing this mess today.

You just can't take over somebody else's farmland and expect the original owners of the farmland to remain calm.

edit on 22-5-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

reply to post by pavil

If you want to go back that far in history, then Israel started it by moving in to the middle east in the first place.
Israel is, by default, the aggressor. Had they all stayed in Europe or wherever else they came from, we wouldn't be seeing this mess today.

You just can't take over somebody else's farmland and expect the original owners of the farmland to remain calm.

edit on 22-5-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

I don't want to play that game. I only wrote it to prove the silliness of "Oh yeah, well ________ started it first" line of reasoning. You see I could go back to Biblical days and say Israel was there then, they you go, well they slaughtered all the Canaanites. It's rather pointless talking about current political situations.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
just wanted to point out
Syria and Israel have been at war for how long now?
40+ years? they never signed a peace treaty and never got around to it as Israel would have to surrender the golen heights back to Syria. hence why no peace treaty was signed and they are still at a state of war

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join